Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What will i need to do when I hit lvl 50?

seano509b14a_ESO
So I am at level 43 currently and coming up to 50 pretty soon but my question is will I be able to start enjoying veteran dungeons and this new craglorn zone immediately at level 50 or will pretty much have to gain veteran ranks before being able to do all that fun stuff?
-In thy name of Akatosh!-
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    I'm pretty sure I read that Craglorn is for Vet 10 to Vet 12. So I think you're going to have to get some veteran levels first.

I am not a level 50 though, so I can't comment on the dungeons and stuff.
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    You are gonna keep questing but on other alliances maps.

And veteran dungeons.
    Edited by Zorak on April 17, 2014 1:35PM
  • the1andonlypzb14_ESO
    This question from the Craglorn Q&A should help with that piece at least...
    Did you add more Veteran Ranks? There was a part in the video where the character was Veteran Rank 12! - Austin Parker

Craglorn and the Trials will range from Veteran Rank 11 to Veteran Rank 12, but you will be able to visit at Veteran Rank 1 or above.

You can check out the rest of the Q&A here:
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/04/14/ask-us-anything-craglorn?ref=home
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to raise Vet ranks other than more questing?
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    No. You are gonna do solo PvE until you hit VR10. Nothing else gives exp in this game.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    Severan wrote: »
    No. You are gonna do solo PvE until you hit VR10. Nothing else gives exp in this game.

Not sure about this, I gained a level yesterday while fighting in a battle in Cyrodil (spelling?)
  • the1andonlypzb14_ESO
    I believe PvP does indeed give XP.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Why did they even bother making an mmo if they don't want people playing together?

This game is going to have some serious troubles I think.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Once you hit 50 (VR1, you sort of go from lvl 49 to VR1 and skip "50") and finish the last harborage quest, immediately following that you get a new quest that will throw you into the next faction where everything is VR1 or above.
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, PvP gives exp. You get maybe 10k-20k every hour? I am VR3, for VR4 I need 1.36 million exp. I am not gonna waste time in PvP for that minimal exp, when it is significantly greater in PvE.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • seano509b14a_ESO
    Did you add more Veteran Ranks? There was a part in the video where the character was Veteran Rank 12! - Austin Parker

Craglorn and the Trials will range from Veteran Rank 11 to Veteran Rank 12, but you will be able to visit at Veteran Rank 1 or above.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/04/14/ask-us-anything-craglorn?ref=home

See I read that as well but still confused how what they mean about visiting at V1

• Jynai
    Jynai
    Yeah, PvP gives exp. You get maybe 10k-20k every hour? I am VR3, for VR4 I need 1.36 million exp. I am not gonna waste time in PvP for that minimal exp, when it is significantly greater in PvE.

Why what's the rush?
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    Jynai wrote: »

Why what's the rush?
    Some people like to reach end game? I understand some of you want to take your time and that's fine. I took my time doing level 1-50 but now I just want VR10. ZOS stated before that you will be able to level in PvE or PvP equally as fast, that is a lie.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See I read that as well but still confused how what they mean about visiting at V1

You will probably hit 50(VR1) while you are in Coldharbour. You will need to hit 50 and finish the main quest line. Once you have finished the main quest line, you will get a quest to visit the harborage again and will then go through some dialog which explains why you are visiting the other faction areas. Going to these areas will start your VR content.
    Edited by Vuron on April 17, 2014 3:18PM
  • Jynai
    Jynai

Why what's the rush?
    Some people like to reach end game? I understand some of you want to take your time and that's fine. I took my time doing level 1-50 but now I just want VR10. ZOS stated before that you will be able to level in PvE or PvP equally as fast, that is a lie.

I understand. Though developers always seem to underestimate the speed at which people are able to/want to lvl at.

I thought you'd have everything you need skills wise by the time you hit 50, hence I thought there would be no real rush to try and hit VR10, as there wont be much of a difference in what you're capable of. I'm guessing I'm wrong about that?
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe PvP does indeed give XP.

My Templar is rank 7 in PvP (legionnaire) and in the time it took to get that I barely scratched my XP bar.

The XP in PvP is absolutely terrible.

• Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭

Why what's the rush?

I understand. Though developers always seem to underestimate the speed at which people are able to/want to lvl at.

I thought you'd have everything you need skills wise by the time you hit 50, hence I thought there would be no real rush to try and hit VR10, as there wont be much of a difference in what you're capable of. I'm guessing I'm wrong about that?

Somewhat. I still have some skills I need to level haha. It's all about getting that end game gear though! :P
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Good info in here thank you!

I was wondering what the heck I was going to do at VR1 besides dungeons. This is awesome!
  • seano509b14a_ESO

Why what's the rush?

See i agree with what this guy says. I am all about end-game content cause i play mmo's for the fact of grouping with others to take on dungeons or raids. So far this game has become a single player game with the occasional "oh hey look someone is over there."

I am enjoying this game so far but I am not in love with this game just yet for the fact that I am always about group content of dungeon exploring but I cant even do that and earn xp cause mobs only give 3xp a kill. You can all say "oh explore the journey, take your time, why are you in such a rush?" well unlike most I have a job and have to work so I wanna get to the point of what I find enjoyable and start really loving the game and not spend countless hours playing another skyrim when I should be able to play with others since they stated "play how you want."

• knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭

See i agree with what this guy says. I am all about end-game content cause i play mmo's for the fact of grouping with others to take on dungeons or raids.

The endgame here is PvP currently. It's a DAoC style design. There is Craglorn, the adventure zone, coming, which is group content but not the traditional dungeon/raid type content you're thinking of.