Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Templar Build -- Can I do it?

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    ElliottXO wrote: »
    These are just wordings. You are putting different labels on it and saying my labels were not right.

If you need an 'efficient' build to finish a group dungeon but you only have a 'viable' one (e.g. healer in heavy armor ), then this is where the 'be who you want to be' party ends.

At the end of the day people want to finish it, and if they can't they start looking for reasons.

PS you can exchange efficient and viable with whatever words you prefer.

Words have pretty clear definitions. I mean if you're confused, there's always a dictionary.

Again you're making the claim that viable is unable to complete a dungeon. This is simply not true. The very definition of the word viable means it is capable of doing it.

Like I said: use any word you like. My viable refers to doing solo content, while only the efficient build can complete all group content.

Do you have any more actual arguments or do you want to continue your English lesson?
  • Aellikor
    Aellikor
    ✭✭
    These are just wordings. You are putting different labels on it and saying my labels were not right.

If you need an 'efficient' build to finish a group dungeon but you only have a 'viable' one (e.g. healer in heavy armor ), then this is where the 'be who you want to be' party ends.

At the end of the day people want to finish it, and if they can't they start looking for reasons.

Words have pretty clear definitions. I mean if you're confused, there's always a dictionary.

Again you're making the claim that viable is unable to complete a dungeon. This is simply not true. The very definition of the word viable means it is capable of doing it.

Like I said: use any word you like. My viable refers to doing solo content, while only the efficient build can complete all group content.

Do you have any more actual arguments or do you want to continue your English lesson?

Driving to work is always viable on the Interstate. However, it is only efficient if I leave at 5:30 in the morning or after 10AM. Otherwise I take the back roads.

You are saying that Heavy Armor on a Healer is not good in a group situation. I can see that you go without benefits in Heavy due to passives. I disagree with your perspective on whether it can work or not. In two successful dungeon runs with healers, one in Heavy and the other in Light given equal skill. Depending on the other choices of the Heavy armor player, I suspect the difference would be negligible.

I admit that a Healer in Heavy has to make good choices on the rest of their equipment and skills layout to compensate for the magica benefits of Light. But that should be uh... a viable choice for the player in any gameplay scenario.

That is based on ESO allowing you to make decisions on armor class.

Edited by Aellikor on April 17, 2014 9:01PM
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aellikor wrote: »

Driving to work is always viable on the Interstate. However, it is only efficient if I leave at 5:30 in the morning or after 10AM. Otherwise I take the back roads.

You are saying that Heavy Armor on a Healer is not good in a group situation. I can see that you go without benefits in Heavy due to passives. I disagree with your perspective on whether it can work or not. In two successful dungeon runs with healers, one in Heavy and the other in Light given equal skill. Depending on the other choices of the Heavy armor player, I suspect the difference would be negligible.

I admit that a Healer in Heavy has to make good choices on the rest of their equipment and skills layout to compensate for the magica benefits of Light. But that should be uh... a viable choice for the player in any gameplay scenario.

That is based on ESO allowing you to make decisions on armor class.

No my friend. I said if the party fails, then people start looking for reasons.

And this does not automatically mean that the healer in his heavy armor is the reason, although he is a good candidate.

All I'm saying is that there is no rational choice to take heavy armour if you are not a tank. If you take it because you like the shiny look, that's fine. But don't insist that you are equal to a healer in light armor. The minimum extra survivability does not pay off the drawbacks.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

It's really hard to have an argument when we're not speaking the same language, so no.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭

No it means I can read and understand that anyone who is not a tank simply wastes armor passives when using heavy armor. And if zenimax would provide the actual number for damage reduction, then people might become aware that it's hardly worth it.

And if your player with his good rotation would switch to light or medium armor he would have a better resource management providing him more options to either heal damage or mitigate damage before it even occurs, which is the master discipline. But hey, he can also just stand there in his heavy armor doing nothing but waiting for his magicka to return.

I play DK tank by the way. And I only had to give up one time a dungeon. Guess why? We were not able to kill the boss spawns in time before he spawned new ones. One of our DPS had heavy armor ;-)

But hey. Might've been a coincidence I guess.

Is your perspective because as a DK you are able to hold agro on multiple mobs?

What about in fights with lots of adds?

OK, a weapon based DPS class that uses Stamina to power their attacks is going to be better off in medium rather than light or heavy anyway.

A spell caster will avoid a lot of direct damage because they are fighting at range, they have CC, or they are kiting. But a healer may need to be able to take a beating in these circumstances. If there's a break before the boss is pulled, they can swap back to all light armour then.

I did try healing a large trash pull and ended up using the heavy armour ultimate, Immovable because well, I had no other use for stamina with the restoration staff out and I was attracting an awful lot of attention.

When i'm in tank mode I can try hold agro on a few mobs but I don't know if it's actually reducing the heals that need doing... I'm getting hit from behind, I can't block or interrupt the big attacks coming from multiple different mobs.... and given all the group healing skills around... just not sure if picking up ALL the trash is the most efficient.