Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

9 Days & Going! Shattered Hopes Still Broken!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. We're taking a look at this quest and working on a fix.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. We're taking a look at this quest and working on a fix.

Good luck with that. You folks can't seem to fix a single bug; quests that were broken in the January beta are STILL broken.

Sanguine's Beta Tester

• dragnar12
    dragnar12
    ✭✭
    o great a generic responds YEAY

could u explain me why so many bugs and exploits 9 that where reported in beta test 0 where still there wen u launched months later ?

also * we read every mail / report we get ) bla bla
    why do i get the same generic responds all the time ( if i get any )

also be fair and just say ( there wont be a eu server 0 cus its cheaper for u this way
    but u still want europ peeps to buy this game

also could u just admit u rushed this game
    knew about all the bugs ( a lot of them )
    but u wanted to release it b4 wildstar /ArcheAge

also admit u locked the imperial behind a paywall so u could get more money asap

and plz show the world you already have plans to go free to play whit in year
    and the plans of how and wen are already worked out

o and also why don't u even apologize
    or keep us informed
    or just say us what your doing .?
  • Atrahasis
    Atrahasis
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all of the tips. I was able to complete this today. The key was to kill thallik wormfather right where he stands by the alter. Just cc then dps and he will then activate both champs.
  • gertas_
    gertas_
    i got it on 3rd round. This proximity tip works, i guess if that monk dies too far from altar, he simply have no time to come back and activate right and then left Draug. He only activate left one for my first two rounds... and then nothin happens, so thx for tips i found here...
    Edited by gertas_ on May 3, 2014 11:12PM
  • Mystmare
    Mystmare
    Soul Shriven
    CONFIRMED
    Had same problem first time.
    You need to kill him in his magic circle that is on the ground so that he summons both zombies.
    Play hard, Go pro
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same problem. And "killing him in his magic circle" or any other specific place is a pain in the rear for someone starting from sneak across the room with a bow.
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    This game is full of bugs, I'm already tired of reporting so many and NOTHING happens, no one talks.

For me it worked restarting the quest, I abandoned and got it again, cancelled the option that offered me Persuade the NPC to bring help in the first phase before closing the portals, then sacrificed the captain at the door.

But looks like players have to fix the game problems.

Even the Forums are made in such way that is hard for us to talk about it with those many divisions and nothing where you can place your opinions.

And after all that they still have the courage to not agree with the bad avaliations from games websites. My score for that game would be below 5/10 for certain!

I hope the incredible loss of subscriptions bring them something to think about.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buyer beware, if you abandon this quest to change the option NOT to persuade her to sacrifice herself you have to start at the beginning, not just that last part to kill him. You have to re-close all 4 portals over again... So stupid. BTW, this quest is in fact required for Dominion to advance to VR++ zones so you have little choice but fuss with it until you get lucky.

EDIT: NOT persuading her worked and I can move on now, hopefully they will fix it soon and others won't nerd rage like most of us did.
    Edited by DeLindsay on May 14, 2014 6:29AM
  • DotAwkward
    Dropped the quest and tried it again but it bugged a second time. Killing the 3 mobs close to the alter worked for me and I was able to complete it. Thanks for the tip!
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DotAwkward wrote: »
    Dropped the quest and tried it again but it bugged a second time. Killing the 3 mobs close to the alter worked for me and I was able to complete it. Thanks for the tip!

I will also confirm that instead of my normal kiting I got close and stayed close to the Giant the entire fight and it worked. So maybe both things, don't Persuade her and stay close to the alter.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    dragnar12 wrote: »
    o great a generic responds YEAY

could u explain me why so many bugs and exploits 9 that where reported in beta test 0 where still there wen u launched months later ?

also * we read every mail / report we get ) bla bla
    why do i get the same generic responds all the time ( if i get any )

also be fair and just say ( there wont be a eu server 0 cus its cheaper for u this way
    but u still want europ peeps to buy this game

also could u just admit u rushed this game
    knew about all the bugs ( a lot of them )
    but u wanted to release it b4 wildstar /ArcheAge

also admit u locked the imperial behind a paywall so u could get more money asap

and plz show the world you already have plans to go free to play whit in year
    and the plans of how and wen are already worked out

o and also why don't u even apologize
    or keep us informed
    or just say us what your doing .?

yes let's be openly hostile when someone actually takes the time to reply in a thread; that's constructive....

• Syzmicke
    Syzmicke
    ✭✭✭
    5 times i have tried this today killed her/prisoner twice each killed him 5 times and still wont complete.

I am sick to death of all these *** quest bugs wtf are we paying for at all.
  • shehieb17_ESO
    shehieb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    Its MAY 20th!!! Are you going to fix it Zenimax?!
  • Malignos
    Malignos
    Quest also bugged for me using the persuade option. Thankfully I found this thread.

Abandoned and restarted. Killed the captain instead, killed all mobs near the altar, quest completed.

Wotta pain.....
  • Kyshietahla
    The solution posted here worked for me after many weeks of trying and failing and waiting and failing. Proximity to the altar and the mobs in the coffins in the back of the room makes the difference. As a caster I didn't want to be that close but I managed to survive.
  • VampyricArts
    VampyricArts
    Soul Shriven
    I didn't sacrifice the captian, I have the haft of Wuuthrad, and went back through the portal. It is still telling me to go through the portal.
    Check out my books and are here!!!