The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Comprehensive list of bugged NB skills

• davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lol this class is totally broken?!! Great work zenimax!
    Options
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6)Cripple - The siphoning of movement speed is not working. The target does not loose run speed, and you do not gain any run speed.

Actually Cripple works perfectly fine for me and always has. The morph to root also works. I gain some speed (not much) and the enemy loses speed. I have tested this countless times. The speed buff also stacks when used multiple times (before duration runs out) on tough targets.

The dot not going off when the snare is resisted or against immune mobs is something that needs fixing though. This is also true for the morph on Agony (Prolonged Suffering) but I can see that as intended as the dot only works AFTER the mezz.

My NB is a caster build and I rarely stealth other than openers but use shadow cloak often (typically defensively and to bypass mobs) and I it has never bugged on me even once so I cannot confirm any bug. Perhaps it bugs more when used in conjunction with stealth which I never do (morphed to wipe dots ... not crit as that is a total waste of magicka for me).

Other broken skills and passives are really annoying however as some are the foundation for concept builds.
    Edited by Tamanous on April 21, 2014 10:49PM
    Options
  • mike.crewsb14_ESO
    I really hope they fix Shadow Cloak.

Being able to interrupt a special attack from range is broken?

Options
  • MoMoOG
    MoMoOG
    ✭✭
    Most of the things people are listing as broken are not broken. There definitely are a few broken abilities but now it seems like mass hysteria over the "broken" nightblade class.
    Options
  • gweatherall_ESO
    As of today's patch, Killer's Blade no longer heals the player when landing a killing blow with the skill.
    Options
  • Skarzog
    Skarzog
    Upgraded strife to swallow soul and I lost my +8% magicka from magicka flood in the siphoning tree. This was a few days ago, I got around to respecing today and tested it out. And indeed I saw the increase in magicka from not upgrading strife.

I was lucky to pick up on this one, its easy to miss. Its a little concerning just how many abilities are bugged right now.
    Options
  • aquaorange11
    Maintenance every night now and they still can't fix this crap?
    Options
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    MoMoOG wrote: »
    Most of the things people are listing as broken are not broken. There definitely are a few broken abilities but now it seems like mass hysteria over the "broken" nightblade class.

You must be joking, what game are you playing... These have been tested and tested by several high and mid and low ranked NB's.. These are confirmed bugged skills and can be reproduced very easily.

I and others here have used combat log and tactical combat mods to prove them and repeat them over and over so we could get a list up to the devs to look at.. We do not need a troll to ruin the thread, please troll elsewhere unless you can prove you have seen a patch or fix to fix some of these broken skills or have proof of another that is bugged at the moment.

Currently several build types for the NB are useless due to these bugs, it is majorly broken if you choose a certain path, for these skills are critical for survival in certain builds. Now if you built a NB avoiding alot of these good for you move on play the game be happy, why come here?!
    Options
  • hamaneb18_ESO
    hamaneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i wonder if the devs are aware or if they even care. bugs and such aside, fixing broken class skills should be high up on the list of stuff to fix. we are a month in, we shouldnt have so many broken skills.

the thing that annoys me the most is that most of the bugs were reported on the pts during closed beta long time ago. why are they still ingame?!
    Options
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So many crippling bugs indeed but they are busy prioritising fixing quest they should've fixed in beta before fixing those bugs. This is what you get for limiting the explorable aread to the lvl 15 zone all the zones above them never were tested in the first place and are full of bugs. As a result they to busy focusing on fixing quests to fix classes and important stuff like these. I will still use my blademaster build regardless of these bugs. If im already godlike with half my ability working right just you wait when everything is actualy working for real.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 22, 2014 3:39PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
    Options
  • MoMoOG
    MoMoOG
    ✭✭

You must be joking, what game are you playing... These have been tested and tested by several high and mid and low ranked NB's.. These are confirmed bugged skills and can be reproduced very easily.

I and others here have used combat log and tactical combat mods to prove them and repeat them over and over so we could get a list up to the devs to look at.. We do not need a troll to ruin the thread, please troll elsewhere unless you can prove you have seen a patch or fix to fix some of these broken skills or have proof of another that is bugged at the moment.

Currently several build types for the NB are useless due to these bugs, it is majorly broken if you choose a certain path, for these skills are critical for survival in certain builds. Now if you built a NB avoiding alot of these good for you move on play the game be happy, why come here?!

I've test plenty of them myself. Sound like you are just another sheep believing everything everyone else says. As I said SOME definitely are broken but many others are not. Mark Target and Cripple for example work perfectly fine.

In fact here is an example of someone else's recent test with Mark Target. They had exact same results I got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht9RWTyCDAo

Enjoy continuing to be a sheep.
    Edited by MoMoOG on April 22, 2014 6:14PM
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just chiming in that I noticed a lot of broken NB abilities as well. Pressure points does do something (grants 1% at rank I, 3% at rank II regardless of assassination abilities slotted) just not what it says it does.

Man, I really hope to see these ability bugs fixed. Good job putting this list together
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth speed bonuses including conc weapon fade after death until you relog or zone out.
    Options
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Target and Cripple for example work perfectly fine.

Mark Target definitely does give you more dmg against enemies. I don't know whether it really reduces their armor by 75% but it definitely does reduce it.
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pfff don't think I have ever seen a game's classes being this bugged at launch. Really the amount of bugs just in this one class is surprising me. And because of the game's 'awsome' combat feedback tons of people are using broken abilities without even noticing it.
    Options
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    Teleport Strike <Ambush> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.
    I think it's lag related, not NB skill related issue. I had regular attacks, world skills and sorc skills behave the exact same way. Magicka/stamina costs were deducted every time, but the skill had 0 effect.
    Mark Target <Piercing Mark> and <Reaper’s Mark> – The ignore 75% of target’s Armour and Spell Resistance doesn’t appear to work.
    It works just fine. Thing is - pve mobs have next to 0 armor and resist. Even supposedly fire immune mobs (like a flame atronach) has some 10-15% fire resist only. This is a pvp skill if anything and suits perfectly the assassin NB high risk-high reward playstyle.
    Pressure Points – It currently gives .3% instead of 3% crit at level 2 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    For me it gives flat 1/3% crit chance. Would you be so kind to test it again?
    Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> – Approximately 25% of the time this ability does not trigger any of its effects.
    Works every time for me. Are you sprinting or something? Attacking, sprinting, using skills break this cloak - same as it would break stealth. If I had to name one thing problematic with it is that it doesn't give you normal stealth attack bonus. I don't know if it's intended or not, but even back attacks deal only 40-50% damage of a regular opening stealth attack.
    Veiled Strike <Concealed Weapon> – The 22% movement speed in stealth while slotted effect appears to suffer the dreaded “Once you’ve died you need to re-log or zone to rectify the issue”. Workaround: If you re-log or change zones it will force the passive effect to work again.
    This again is not NB related. Vamps have their passives and stage bonuses behave the same way. I bet it's something very deep in the code that's why ZOS is silent about it, it might take months to fix.
    Path of Darkness <Twisting Path> and <Refreshing Path> – This ability appears to be affected by terrain, the magicka cost is spent however the ability does not trigger.
    Not NB related again. Same deal with Elemental Blockade. The problem is that it takes effect in a horizontal plane. With slight slopes the game compensates for it, however on higher slopes it won't - the spell will take full effect, will get drawn inside the terrain and since nothing is standing in it it won't deal damage. It's extremely annoying I agree, but you can compensate for it with skill.
    Summon Shade <Dark Shades> and <Shadow Image> – The Shadow Image often stops attacking once the initial target it was cast on dies.
    Not NB related again. Unluckily I have it all the time with NPC followers - after they take enough damage or kill their target their combat AI doesn't trigger anymore. I wonder if sorc summons have the same problem - it only came into existence with 1.3 I think.
    Options
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dark cloack doesn t remove any negative effect.
    Options
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Teleport strike morphed to add bleeding, don't know the name at the moment, does NOT add bleeding...
    Options
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Teleport strike morphed to add bleeding, don't know the name at the moment, does NOT add bleeding...
    Lotus Fan.
    Options
  • jvargas150_ESO
    A dev reply to this thread, even a were are looking at NB skills would be appreciated.
    Options
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭
    I think devs are currently focusing on fixing the multiple end storyline issues and exploits. Once those items are fixed, they will focus on fixing classes. (i hope)
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALMOST considered unsubbing when I just unlocked haste and then found out it doesn't work on the bow. I thought something felt wrong.
    Options
  • danreckerpreub18_ESO
    In beta (And yesterday) I found out the hard way that concealed weapon is still bugged, and in a manner MUCH worse then you list. I skilled the ability yesterday (After a respec, for testing purposes) Did some quests, etc - nothing seemed to be different.
    After doing a run through a main-questline coldharbor run, I loaded back into the harborage... only to find out that my new 'walk' speed was significantly less then standard, and "Sprinting" made me move at RP-walk speed, baaaaarely a crawl, while still using stamina. It took me a half hour to get to the Vulkhul Guard wayshrine from the harborage, and another half hour to get to the respec shrine, which should be a 5 minute walk.
    After seeing that the penalty cost for rapid respecs was in full effect, I simply logged, i'll deal with it once it wont cost 3 arms and a squid's worth of legs to get my skill points back. (The only fix for this bug that I have found, is to respec, then /stuck yourself to death - sometimes it takes a few tries. With concealed weapon , there's no fixing it without dumping the skill first)
    Options
  • Hexcaliber
    Hexcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Hakoke wrote: »
    Hexcaliber wrote: »
    EDIT re reading abilities looks like we are supposed to get a stun with any ability used from crouched attack as long as we have an assassin ability slotted, making it even more broken.

While I am far from an expert, I do main a nightblade. I always open with a stealth attack and the only time I stun an opponent with a stealth attack is when I am behind them. To include directly left or right of them.

I was under the impression that that is how it is supposed to work, as I only get a surprise attack bonus if I am behind/besides them when I attack.

I had figured that they both work the same way.

Even attacking from behind it wont always work. I did try recording to throw a video up on the thread but ran into some problems. If I get the chance I will try some different software and see if I can get it to work, I was only trying fraps.
    Regards Hexcaliber.
    Options
  • fancymapeb17_ESO
    I never had any problems with Shadow Cloak... Sure you dont dubble tap it or somthing ?
    Options
  • Hexcaliber
    Hexcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    6)Cripple - The siphoning of movement speed is not working. The target does not loose run speed, and you do not gain any run speed.

Actually Cripple works perfectly fine for me and always has. The morph to root also works. I gain some speed (not much) and the enemy loses speed. I have tested this countless times. The speed buff also stacks when used multiple times (before duration runs out) on tough targets.
    Complete nonsense, cripple does not work in any way shape or form, either you have not played the class, or I have to conclude you are so bad, you cannot tell the difference and your imagination is taking over.

It is also incredibly easy to test, move into melee range of a melee using target and use cripple. Using cripple you should be able to open the distance from your target. You will find you cannot; the target is not slowed nor do you gain any speed, it is a snare that doesn't work,
    Edited by Hexcaliber on April 25, 2014 5:46AM
    Regards Hexcaliber.
    Options
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭
    Can any ZoS employee give us some answer here?This class seems to be the foster child of ESO.
    Edited by Glissando on April 25, 2014 7:12AM
    Options
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    Cripple works for me. It siphons run speed and gives it to me. So you might need to relook at that one.
    Options
  • Herbatio
    Herbatio
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo, sounds like i picked the perfect class for my very first MMO. PERFECT!!
    Options
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please look at this forum and let us know you will look into this please. A lot of these are true. Some are false. But a lot of the passives are not working. I am having to NOT morph my abilties cause I lose 8% magicka on 2 abilities. and that is huge for me I need BOTH of those. Plus a lot of abilities not working. Getting .3% crit instead of the 3% promised
    Options