Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Server Maintenance Complaints

• Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    In light of all the complaints regarding server maintenance; your opinions are understood and can be summarized as such:
    Addiction to MMORPGs

I'm extremely displeased with all the downtime, but I do not play all that much and am certainly not addicted. I have a level 30 something Templar and a level 20 something Sorcerer, and probably about half my total time in game was spent during the 5 day early access.

When they were creating this MMO from the ground up, they had complete control over every aspect of the game. At some point in time they had to make a decision to do things in a way that required frequent and extended amounts of downtime in order to perform maintenance. They decided that it was better for them to develop the game in such a fashion that would require them to deny service to their paying customers rather than to strive for continuous uninterrupted service.

That's why when I sat down with my coffee this morning and decided to run a quest or two, I was greeted with with this "scheduled" downtime. I'm not addicted, nor am I suffering from withdrawal, but I am highly disappointed with their lousy service.