Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why are half the people I meet germans?

timebandit_b16_ESO
timebandit_b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Can you please make servers divided in english/german/etc im tired of watching people talk in foreign languages and people who are not interested in learning lingua franca.

And now were at it...why are some of the quests/dungeons in german?
  • Iam_Epiphany
    Iam_Epiphany
    ✭✭✭
    None of the quests/dungeons are in german for me, none.

Also, please stop being racist, 1 country isn't big enough to populate a server XD

Finally English, German and French all have their own zone chats, so it's your fault for not speaking in whichever one is appropriate for you if you want to be self-centred.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea there seems to be a rather user error issue in this one.

That said the guardians/wyrd tree questline in Glenmora has german voice over for the guardians. Assume it's just a bug :P
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭

Also, please stop being racist, 1 country isn't big enough to populate a server XD

Finally English, German and French all have their own zone chats, so it's your fault for not speaking in whichever one is appropriate for you if you want to be self-centred.

Daggerfall Covenant has some quests with a german voiceover in its starting zone.
    Wouldn't be that bad if it was just the voice during the quest text, but the NPC in question also calls out enemy attacks during a boss fight which you have to follow to survive. ("Hide inside my barrier" when the boss channels a one-hit kill attack and such minor things)
    EU Megaserver
    Chany Therall - Templar VR1
    - Tank in PvE, support Mage in PvP
  • timebandit_b16_ESO
    timebandit_b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Haha ok first of all...germans arent a race. Youre a NATION.

And second, what does racism have to do with dividing people into their proper languages? WoW did this perfectly and many other games.

• timebandit_b16_ESO
    timebandit_b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »

That said the guardians/wyrd tree questline in Glenmora has german voice over for the guardians. Assume it's just a bug :P
    Shimond wrote: »

Yup. Im sure Shimond is new to the game..or hasnt played beta.

And btw, Crypt of Hearts in Rivenspire is ALWAYS in german..ive been there 10 times now and all the npcs speak german.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most Germans speak English anyway, so people like you don't have to strain your brains by learning a second language.

Not German, but some of my best friends are and you sound bigoted... prejudiced... if not racist.
    Edited by Melian on April 15, 2014 4:42PM
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must be really bored.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    master race guys ....deal with it.
  • ConquerorDromtar
    I assume by speaking "Lingua Franca" you want everyone speaking French?

This game's got a large international following and it's only natural that people will speak in their native tongues for the most part when playing. Please have a little understanding for that.

If there are text and or voice-over issues then that's something to bring up to the developers so they can make appropriate fixes.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I've seen, only the Elementals in Daggerfall Covenant speak German.

Submit a bug report and move on. There's no need for any angry rampages.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please make servers divided in english/german/etc im tired of watching people talk in foreign languages and people who are not interested in learning lingua franca.

And now were at it...why are some of the quests/dungeons in german?

Believe me, my friend, the germans also wished they could be on their own server, but for quite different reasons. WE actually enjoy the multicultural flair that an international server brings. What we DONT enjoy is the prejudical bigotry displayed by people like you. The german language really ticking you off that bad? What did we do to you? invade you lately? blitzkrieg'd you? Or is it just the fact that in your small world everyone not speaking your language or displaying a different language or god (Allah, Jehova, Buddha, the flying spaghetti monster)help, a different behaviour than yours is bad or disgusting or fills you with discomfort?

Well, i got news for you. This is the future. We germans are also on the internet, and we are better at it than you, and we are more than you. Get used to it.
    Edited by Lanatireb17_ESO on April 15, 2014 4:48PM
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭

The elementals in the Wyrd quests ALL speak German, though their TEXT is in English.

It makes doing parts impossible when all you have is VO cues in a battle. So yup ... they screwed up.

As for everything else, not much you can do. Just ignore them, or make sure the ZOne chat for that language isn't in your chat bar.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • timebandit_b16_ESO
    timebandit_b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    Most Germans speak English anyway, so people like you don't have to strain your brains by learning a second language.

Not German, but some of my best friends are and you sound bigoted... prejudiced... if not racist.

Boom...assumption A leads to assumption B...and suddenly im ***!

Haha clown on internet fora, you gotta laugh.

And the irony is that I know 4 languages quite well infact. I could tell you where Im from but thats really none of your concern.

And no I have nothing against germans..I have a problem with flawed instance/server design though.
  • timebandit_b16_ESO
    timebandit_b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, i got news for you. This is the future. We germans are also on the internet, and we are better at it than you, and we are more than you. Get used to it.

Sounds like something you quoted out of some old dictators book 90 years ago.
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, i thought i use bigotry language so you understand me better.
  • tommipalub16_ESO
    tommipalub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    it's because germans just invade anything. they just cant stop with it. After Europe, Tamriel is now in their focus =(
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭

Boom...assumption A leads to assumption B...and suddenly im ***!

Haha clown on internet fora, you gotta laugh.

And the irony is that I know 4 languages quite well infact. I could tell you where Im from but thats really none of your concern.

And no I have nothing against germans..I have a problem with flawed instance/server design though.

Oh, really? So you can understand them, and you like them, but somehow their presence angers you? Or you can speak four other languages but not this one and somehow its presence angers you, but there's no bigotry there?

As for the NPC, it's a bug and has nothing to do with your delusion that you could have a separate server for your country/the four languages you speak/people with your sun sign.
    Edited by Melian on April 15, 2014 5:01PM
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the Welsh too - we really need to do something about the Welsh.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    He is probably dutch. most of the people who are REALLY hateful towards germans ingame are dutch. Its cause they always lose against us in football. :wink:
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right ...when a german says that he is better at something than someone else then this is immediatlely correlated with dictatorship. I simply forget that every time. Damnit. But in fact ...it is still right. Overall germans speak better english than french do, yet germany france and GB are the big players in the EU.
    But that doesnt really matter. What matters and what I cannot understand is those people (yeah I said it) who argue about germans speaking german in /z chat. What is the big deal about it? You dont understand it? Dont worry, they dont make fun of you specifically in their language.
    They shut you out? Well deal with it. You cant be part of everything, can you? I cant be in the parliament either. I dont really care. Neither do I care about spanish speaking spanish or frenchies speaking french. I just dont care. However, my language skills are that advanced that I still have a raw idea of what they are speaking of and usually it is stuff like selling crap or looking for a guild.

SO what's my point anyway? Well there is no reason to feel offended. If you feel offended by the german language you clearly have a problem. You know, that kind of problem that led germany to lose in russia about 70 years ago.
    So if you really feel offended or have some kind of hatred rising up inside you every time you read german, you really should think abot yourself and what happend to you. Because germans dont complain about english in zone chat nor do they complain about spanish or whatever. It is always, however, non german speakers who complain about german speakers in zone chat. So for all of you out there complaining about it I highly suggest to get rid of your inner dictator. These times are over ...
  • matthewameluxenub17_ESO
    Really people?

The language bugs will get fixed. I found them more amusing than irritating, to be honest. Given the choice between these bugs and the ones that break/stop progression...

As for OP's annoyance of Germans, don't waste your time. Either the OP is serious in which case nothing you say on an internet forum is likely to change his or her mind. Or only stating it for the reaction, which is called trolling. In either case, it is pointless to comment on it.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheesh. I spent two hours today sitting next to a group of French students and I didn't feel any desire to walk up to them and tell them to shut up or change the language. I'm sure you wouldn't either. So why do it in a video game? Learn to live with each other. It's not so difficult.
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    I did not notice so many germans o.o
    Btw i live in germany!
    Edited by Antonie on April 15, 2014 5:13PM
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im tired of watching people talk in foreign languages

International game = many languages spoken.
    Get over it because the world wont change just because you dont like the way it is.
  • YuccaPalm
    YuccaPalm
    ✭✭✭
    Games without mega servers suck. Who likes to play with only like 5k players on one server.
  • Matt.vanelsenb16_ESO
    Believe me, my friend, the germans also wished they could be on their own server, but for quite different reasons. WE actually enjoy the multicultural flair that an international server brings. What we DONT enjoy is the prejudical bigotry displayed by people like you. The german language really ticking you off that bad? What did we do to you? invade you lately? blitzkrieg'd you? Or is it just the fact that in your small world everyone not speaking your language or displaying a different language or god (Allah, Jehova, Buddha, the flying spaghetti monster)help, a different behaviour than yours is bad or disgusting or fills you with discomfort?

I actually agreed with everything you said up until the "I got news for you" part. I have nothing against people from other countries or other races, but please keep your "German-master-race" crap for yourself. If you don't want other people acting as if they're superior, then don't do it yourself.

Edited by Matt.vanelsenb16_ESO on April 15, 2014 5:41PM
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spriggan quest givers arent german?
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I am german, and I encourage all germans to use english, because
    1: Nearly all of us know it, the sound or the grammar may be awfull, but the 800 - 2000 words you really need to communicate in english everyone of us gets taught, everyone! (most of us are in the range of 10k words, I am more at 20 k...)
    2: Somehow we are used to it, we have a global marketplace here, it works^^
    3: Yesterday we set up a guild TS, after I heard the guy from Estonia talk (and a couple of others) I decided to lead the PVP fights, my english, our english is more easy to understand than average english from somewhere idontknow...
    It may sound cruel from time to time, but at least you will understand it...

There could be the reason for the german player community, after WWII we had other languages in the land, everywhere, and because of this, more of us will play a multinational game!
    I bet with you there are even more germans than you imagine, AND, there are enough people from Austria, Switzerland, Poland, France and many other states, wo will use at least understandeable german too, last time I looked at Wikipedia, 170 million people were able to use the german language xD
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_language
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Adrastes
    Adrastes
    ✭✭✭
    i just ignore zone chat. it is only people trying to sell their ***, guilds trying to recruit and some odd gold spammers.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭

Was your fathers name Adolf by any chance? This sounds damn familiar really...