The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm an MMO Legend. The crudeness and lack of roleplay by my fellow players is disturbing...

Copperfield
Copperfield
✭✭✭
Good evening. Most of you probably already know who I am, but if not, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sir Copperfield. I've been playing MMO's since 1995 and I'm here with a very important request/demand. Before I get to that, however, please take a look at my MMO resume.

1995-1999--Ultima Online: I was part of the fellowship that portaled into Lord British's castle to kill the great King. This of course earned me and my fellowship a lifetime ban from all future Ultima games, but boy was it worth it.

1998-2001--Everquest: I was the first player to aquire a full set of the enchanted Legendary Armor. I also ran the top guild on my server with over 700 active players.

1999-2004--Asheron's Call: I was the first level 126 on the PK server, Darktide. I was also the first level 126 on PVE server Wintersebb. I was known as the most feared PVPer in all of Dereth.

2003-2003--Anarchy Online: I played for 27 minutes before sending a strongly worded letter into Funcom, demanding that the running animation of the players be changed. I quit 48 hours later when my demands went unheard.

2004-2009--World of Warcraft: I was the Guild Leader of the Gnome hating Cult of Cult Copperfield. We refused to group or associate with gnomes in any fashion. I was the first level 60 across 12 different servers.

2009-2011--I quit gaming for a few years to find myself. I ended up getting married but divorced my wife in late 2011 before the Star Wars: Old Republic launch. I knew I couldn't find the time to fit both in my life. My gaming urges got the better of me.

2011-2014--Star Wars: The Old Republic: I was the first level 50 and 55 as well as the first Valor Level 100. I have the most achievements in the games brief history with over 27,000. I once played for 37 hours straight and was the server first to complete every new Operation on patch day.

Now that you've seen my credentials, it's time to get onto business.

This is a roleplaying game. We need to start acting like it. Since there are no roleplaying servers, we need to respect those that with to immerse themselves in Tamriel. Too often I find my immersion ruined by my fellow players cursing in the channel, trading, spamming for groups etc etc etc...

It's part of roleplayer code that I can't turn off the communications channel. You're in this world with me, I can't just "turn you off".

I'm not asking you to roleplay with me. I understand that we're all not roleplayers. What I'm asking for, is very simply, to please not ruin my immersion. There is no need to curse in the channel. There is no need to spam about a group when you can use the group finding tool.

Thank you my friends. This is a wonderful game and I look forward to immersing myself in the world of Tamriel with all of you!

-Sir Copperfield.
Edited by Copperfield on April 15, 2014 3:35PM
  • Milanna
    Milanna
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure you are not Sheldon Cooper?
    EU-server
    Mila the True (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Milanna the Cold-hearted (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Raphael the Cunning (Ebonheart Pact)

NA-server
    Cassius Tanicius (Daggerfall Covenant)

I just found garlic, you blood-suckers better stay clear
  • wesjuhnl
    wesjuhnl
    Soul Shriven
    "He must have no life at all :dizzy_face: "
  • mikkel_herb16_ESO2
    mikkel_herb16_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry I just had to :dizzy_face:

bad92fbbaebbdf39bcab092e74c5c746098ffbd25dd58e3b001a400c30957699.jpg
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendary ***
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    People be polite pls...
    I can understand the things with the curses, I was a roleplayer long time ago (ok, not even close measured to you) but it annoys! really!
    Now I am more a hadrcore PVE/theorycrafter xD was a long way^^
    But what I can't understand is the group search!
    The game is new, not everybody knows it is there, and additionally, if there is a group of 2 or 3 searching, and they don't do it right, you will get groups with 2 healers, or 3 dds... and it's annoying, sinc it IS a social game, to ensure you get the members you want, you have to search, usign the chat...
    this could be solved with a phased city chat or something, but atm it is really neccesary...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    No auction house, group finder takes forever. I don't think you will get an immersive zone chat any time soon.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    10/10 would read again.

In the event that you were serious... either turn off zone chat or don't complain when people use it outside of what you deem it needs to be used for heh.
    Edited by Supersomething on April 15, 2014 4:37PM
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone listen to me, I'm kind of a big deal.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    It's baaaaaack.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe , mate , there is no AH , therefore people will spam the chat to trade , that is the way it works , there is no solution to this, until they add said AH , their best bet is to create a GLOBAL trade channel , cause if you make just zone trade channel , like in every other game , people will still spam zone chat where most notice it.

Like other said , the group tool is ... clunky. The fact it cuts me from "low" level dungeons is also a problem (i was cut because i had finished the zone before going there , ofc , i began to spam the chat for a group).

PS: I dont see how there is a code to never disable to ZONE chat when you RP , do all of your char got super ears and zan hear anything anyone say in the whole freaking "state"? I think there is a code against turning off the "/say" chat , this would make sense.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Morrawind
    Morrawind
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is Molag Bal.
  • SapphireBlue
    As a rper i find this guy/op an embarrassment. To him I say turn off zone chat. I did .. and it feels good
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    Morrawind wrote: »
    I think he is Molag Bal.

no Molag Bal has more respect for mortal worms then @Copperfield has for his follow mortal worms , his actions will bear that out.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op i have thought of making a thread like this for years, but it only leads to problems. No one wants to know im the same guy who has been firsting content and pking them in every mmo they go to. Save your leetness for yourself, its just better that way.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that made me laugh. Good job!
  • aeroch
    aeroch
    ✭✭✭
    You were my favorite Alliance player on Shattered Hand. Glad you're still around. Hats off to the Mayor of Booty Bay
    Edited by aeroch on April 15, 2014 6:01PM
  • Lecture
    Lecture
    Soul Shriven
    Next time, try making this point without worthless credentials. Your credentials had NOTHING to do with the point you hoped to make. I'm a RPer, but I just can't support this thread. You're taking something worthy of discussion, and perverting it with bad arguments and even worse phrasing.

After having been part of gaming communities as long as you have, you should know better.
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    ✭✭✭
    Lecture wrote: »
    Next time, try making this point without worthless credentials. Your credentials had NOTHING to do with the point you hoped to make. I'm a RPer, but I just can't support this thread. You're taking something worthy of discussion, and perverting it with bad arguments and even worse phrasing.

After having been part of gaming communities as long as you have, you should know better.

My credentials have everything to do with this post. People won't take you seriously if you don't have the MMO cred to back you up. After reading my resume, my fellow players are more likely to abide by my zone chat demands.

And thank you Aeroch. Shattered Hand was a wonderful community.

• hayaitoran2011b14_ESO
    No offense but as an older gamer, I have to say this:

Thats nice, but its not necessarily a unique feat, impresseive, or a mark of quality. Instead of bragging, BE a good Roleplayer. Live as an example.
  • Lonzrick
    Lonzrick
    ...who?
  • Raubrey
    Raubrey
    ✭✭✭
    That resume really should be on LinkedIn. But I find comfort in the likelihood that your ex-wife is in a better place.
    Edited by Raubrey on April 15, 2014 6:54PM

Greybeards & Gals Founder
    greybeardsandgals.com
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name is Sir Copperfield.
    Sir Copperfield? Never heard of her ... confused24.gif
  • Gornt_Grimreaver
    Lol I was there for the Lord British assault ... that was EPIC.
    Just a spoonful of moon sugar helps the medicine go down.
  • Rhiven
    Rhiven
    1998-2001--Everquest: I was the first player to aquire a full set of the enchanted Legendary Armor. I also ran the top guild on my server with over 700 active players.
    Too often I find my immersion ruined by my fellow players cursing in the channel, trading, spamming for groups etc etc etc...

If you played EQ you must not remember the East Commonlands or Greater Faydark which were the primary trading hubs on most servers.

It also wasn't uncommon to have people using /ooc chat to find groups either.
  • Kelenthia
    Kelenthia
    I love the smell of fresh-roasted trolls in the morning.
  • kcolasaccob14_ESO
    kcolasaccob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of you.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading my resume, my fellow players are more likely to abide by my zone chat demands.

Honestly this makes me want to follow you around constantly and RP being as annoying as possible.

Can you be more of a ***? Your chat demands? Please, because you played a bunch of video games and are good at them I'm supposed to bow down you?

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Lecture
    Lecture
    Soul Shriven
    My credentials have everything to do with this post. People won't take you seriously if you don't have the MMO cred to back you up. After reading my resume, my fellow players are more likely to abide by my zone chat demands.

And thank you Aeroch. Shattered Hand was a wonderful community.

Wrong. If you address the issue with maturity, state your case in an orderly fashion and simply makes sense, people will listen regardless of your merits.
    Because of your ridiculous introduction, a lot of people won't take you serious. I can with confidence say a lot of people didn't even stay until the end of your post, because you sound so arrogant. The Anarchy Online section for example serves no purpose, other than to show the readers that you're irrational. It didn't in any way benefit the point you were hoping to make, same as the divorce point. What good does it do to a discussion about zone chat, letting the world know that you have problems with communication?

This is a thread about you, not about the problem you hope to address. Intentional or not, this thread is about you wanting attention and not the problem itself. Try again, without all the you in it.

I can promise you that like myself, A LOT of people (whose support could've helped your point) have lost all respect for you because of your introduction. Role-players and sensible people that can relate to the problem. Make another thread, that isn't this egocentric, and I can promise you that it'll be prosperous.
  • ethedead
    ethedead
    :munches on popcorn: :yum
This discussion has been closed.