Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

NA servers up delayed (not doom and gloom)

spawn10459
spawn10459
✭✭✭
Just an FYI apparently they have already hit a problem with the NA server patch and the servers will be down all day.

Enjoy.
Edited by spawn10459 on April 15, 2014 3:42PM
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no the sky is falling!!!! er I mean..How dare they fix problems with a patch...Er I mean Oh noes Housework! yes.. that one defenatly that one!

Also thanks for informing me Otherwise I would not have known ( No sarcasm I promise)
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure where i was complaining in my first post to deserve your sarcasm for the first part of your useless comment considering that you didn't even know they already delayed the 1pm ETA.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spawn10459 wrote: »
    I'm not sure where i was complaining in my first post to deserve your sarcasm for the first part of your useless comment considering that you didn't even know they already delayed the 1pm ETA.

The 1PM ETA was made-up. The initial post said "midday," and it's been updated to "this evening". Which does not constitute "down all day" by anyone's definition. Unless that person has a bedtime.
    ----
    Murray?
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Sorry I was just trying be funny since there are typically long lists of " They are just fixing things!" followed shortly by " Why do we pay for them to take the servers offline, I want my monies back, this is the worst game ever." Anyway didnt mean any offense was just being silly. I apologize for any offense I may have caused.
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    I remember in the SWG days they would patch at the beginning of the month and then it took them 3 weeks to fix the bugs they introduced. Every month this went on.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the Apacalypsisis thingy!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Thank god they worked out the bugs and verified the patch was good to go on the test server.... wait...

;)
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god they worked out the bugs and verified the patch was good to go on the test server.... wait...

;)

Wait...the EU server isnt the test server? Oh crap..( again just trying to be silly please dont take offense)
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    "Early this evening" could mean anything...In Indiana, usually means around 3 to 4pm. Who know's...
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭

;)

Wait...the EU server isnt the test server? Oh crap..( again just trying to be silly please dont take offense)

Ok now that one i found funny. lol I am not trying to be doom and gloom but i though it would be good to have a post here with whats going on that way people dont have to jump back and forth.

EDIT: i ready the server page wrong. i though it was saying from 8pm to 1pm EST but it was really giving down time for two different time zones. Sorry for the confusion.
    Edited by spawn10459 on April 15, 2014 3:40PM
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    They are probably just saying that to keep all of us from jumping all on at the same time and crashing their servers.
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    Hell remember when WOW was released and the servers would be off line for days for no rhyme or reason. and then they added game time to every account.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The growing pains of a MMORPG! It huuurts..
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »

Yes it does. I still feel this game could have benefited from more time in Beta. at least till the bugged quests were fixed.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hell remember when WOW was released and the servers would be off line for days for no rhyme or reason. and then they added game time to every account.
    Nobody seems to remember those things they just want to compare everything to how "great and stable" wow is now.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »

Yes it does. I still feel this game could have benefited from more time in Beta. at least till the bugged quests were fixed.
    Its an mmo there are ALWAYS going to be bugs to fix or that pop up, no matter how long it stays in beta.

• luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have only really encountered one bugged quest so far, and only on opening day of early access did I encounter any other bugs so...I dunno
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »
    Nobody seems to remember those things they just want to compare everything to how "great and stable" wow is now.

This is sadly true. I remember when there were no Battle grounds and when they introduced them you had to run to them and when you went to zone in the game would cash because there were hundreds of people trying to get into it.

Or when you would randomly fall through the world and never stop falling and you had to get a GM to move you back to real ground in WoW (this took days)

• Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no the sky is falling!!!! er I mean..How dare they fix problems with a patch...Er I mean Oh noes Housework! yes.. that one defenatly that one!

Also thanks for informing me Otherwise I would not have known ( No sarcasm I promise)

I see this sentiment in every game.

It Doesn't affect me CHILL !

If this was your play time because you are a night crawler for work and in almost every so call maintenance it is as unpredictable as it has been, you MIGHT begin to get discouraged.

Drop this in YOUR primetime and tell me you wouldn't feel a smidge perturbed.

If this goes on for months were its the flip of the coin to see if the new patch will close a server for unknown hours and you will get people bailing

If it was free to play I would just deal with it

However......................................................................................

Edited by Decimus_Rex on April 15, 2014 4:05PM
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good to see them fixing the quest bugs...the Dev's don't interact allot on the forums, so it's good to see them addressing concerns. I Still didn't see some serious bugs on the list, but good to see many others being addressed. Hope there's lots more of that down the pipeline.

Meh...weekly maintenance isn't an odd thing for an MMO. they're time for doing it is different, but that could possible reflect the heavier non-US populations on the server..you'd think they'd do it at 2 or 3 in the morning...but I think we have more people online at night (EU day) then most MMO's do right now.
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »
    It's good to see them fixing the quest bugs...the Dev's don't interact allot on the forums, so it's good to see them addressing concerns. I Still didn't see some serious bugs on the list, but good to see many others being addressed. Hope there's lots more of that down the pipeline.

Meh...weekly maintenance isn't an odd thing for an MMO. they're time for doing it is different, but that could possible reflect the heavier non-US populations on the server..you'd think they'd do it at 2 or 3 in the morning...but I think we have more people online at night (EU day) then most MMO's do right now.

I just wish they would Fix more per patch and maintenance twice a week is new for MMO's.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »

I just wish they would Fix more per patch and maintenance twice a week is new for MMO's.

It's a new game.

More maintenance means more stuff being fixed.

And you can guarantee most of their fixes aren't publicized, because absolute transparency isn't a good idea for most companies. We don't need to know when they optimize their SQL database access speed by 2.8%, or adjust the net layer to increase security.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, more server downages means more quest NPC resets, which means more chance of not getting to a broken quest. B)
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ktxblaze
    ktxblaze
    Soul Shriven
    It just ticks me off because i have limited playtime as it is. i work two jobs, 7 days a week and it seems as if all the down time happens right around the time where i have a little to invest. All the way through early access until now. I'm old enough to know that that's the way these things go, but it still stings....
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    LIQUID741 wrote: »
    "Early this evening" could mean anything...In Indiana, usually means around 3 to 4pm. Who know's...

Ha, Indiana here as well. Small world xD
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was your play time because you are a night crawler for work and in almost every so call maintenance it is as unpredictable as it has been, you MIGHT begin to get discouraged.

Drop this in YOUR primetime and tell me you wouldn't feel a smidge perturbed.
    Download both versions of the client, North American and European. It's relatively rare for both megaservers to be down at once, and currently they're both located in the US, so latency is absolutely identical.

You can't share characters between the two megaservers, unfortunately, but at least you can continue to play the game - even if you only play that character for one day a week while you're waiting for your usual server to be up.

The different alliances, and their respective areas, means you don't even need to be confused about what you've done with each char :smile: .
    Edited by baratron on April 15, 2014 6:35PM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • rwsavageb14_ESO

;)

Actually, there IS a test server. It is just turned off by default. In your Launcher, go to settings, and there is a check box to display Public Test Server. Turn that on, and you will see it in your main launcher screen but have to install the client.