Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild ETA?

Skroof
Skroof
✭✭
Any new news on when we may be seeing Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild going in? They did say after launch, but do we get any kind of ETA on WHEN after launch?
Minds should be like a Tardis, Bigger on the inside.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one knows, but the developers have made it sounds like it'll be in the first major content update (probably after Craglorn is added).
    ----
    Murray?
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping the thieves guild will come with smugglers/contraband vendors (ie public auction vendor). One can hope. :p
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the rush? What is it with people? Why is what we have never enough only two weeks into the game?

Given the HUGE number of bugs, some very serious, why the hell would we want ZOS to add more content right now? They're already planning on adding group-only end-game content which is bound to come with its own bugfest (based on experience with ZOS' work so far), yet more content is totally NOT REQUIRED YET.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it a year probably.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    I would be glad to have that update but with craglorn, bugs and console version all going on, I personally dont expect it till end of June. Either way I will be happy when it comes, I still have plenty to do, not even a quarter of the way through the game and I am at VR1 (and im including all the content the game has to offer)
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Skroof
    Skroof
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Why the rush? What is it with people? Why is what we have never enough only two weeks into the game?
    Given the HUGE number of bugs, some very serious, why the hell would we want ZOS to add more content right now? They're already planning on adding group-only end-game content which is bound to come with its own bugfest (based on experience with ZOS' work so far), yet more content is totally NOT REQUIRED YET.

Look, I am not having a meltdown about them adding or not adding new content , I am simply asking a question, take a pill... I understand there are bugs that need fixing and content that needs adjusting that is already in the game. I was just wondering if there was an official ETA on when they would be adding content that I personally was looking forward to.
    When the official statement was made that these guilds would be going in after launch, most of us assumed that was to mean they would add them when the game launched... I am disappointed that these standard guilds are not in the game currently, but I am not having a cow about the fact that they are not there yet. I am just asking for some official input about when we MAY expect the content to be added...

Minds should be like a Tardis, Bigger on the inside.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Skroof wrote: »
    KerinKor wrote: »

Look, I am not having a meltdown about them adding or not adding new content , I am simply asking a question, take a pill... I understand there are bugs that need fixing and content that needs adjusting that is already in the game. I was just wondering if there was an official ETA on when they would be adding content that I personally was looking forward to.
    When the official statement was made that these guilds would be going in after launch, most of us assumed that was to mean they would add them when the game launched... I am disappointed that these standard guilds are not in the game currently, but I am not having a cow about the fact that they are not there yet. I am just asking for some official input about when we MAY expect the content to be added...

The best ETA they give us for Maintenance is Midday, Craglorn is later this month, and Console release is June, so I dont think we will get an official ETA till the month it is coming out and they give us a video about it tbh
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see a major content update like this coming out before the Console version of the game or within a month or 2 of release. If I had a guess, we'll probably see it between July and September.
    Edited by jmido8 on April 15, 2014 1:58PM
  • Sickid
    Sickid
    The idea of putting both The Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild in should be good in theory, but I agree with some of the statements that were mentioned. With Craglorn coming and some bugs showing their ugly faces I feel adding more to the plate will potentially create friction via more bugs etc to the community.
    The Devs have our best interests in heart and I'm sure they will be working hard to bring us the best content they can in a reasonable time frame.
  • jorj82
    jorj82
    Every time I play an Elder Scrolls game, I always roleplay a stealthy murderer for my first run-through, so I'm super pumped that the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are coming. I will wait patiently, for we all serve Sithis with every life we take, no matter the reasoning behind it. Hail Sithis!! Praise Nocturnal!! For the Empire!!!!