Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can anyone point out some good areas to scout for Dwarven Ore

pxlforge
pxlforge
Despite having 4 levels to wait after i upped my smithing to use Dwarven ingots, I still have only manages to get 16 ingots and 7 raw ore. Its still so rare even in Malabal Tor - should I move up a zone just to scout? I'm 36 I wanna make new stuff.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    pxlforge wrote: »
    Despite having 4 levels to wait after i upped my smithing to use Dwarven ingots, I still have only manages to get 16 ingots and 7 raw ore. Its still so rare even in Malabal Tor - should I move up a zone just to scout? I'm 36 I wanna make new stuff.

I am not as far as you, but it may be similar to what im finding on my crafting alt, running around to collect high iron ore and on the rare occasion i collect an orichalcum ore, seems to be a chance that when high iron ore spawns it may actually spawn the rarer ore, small percentage chance tho, or i could be completely wrong and you are looking in the wrong place.
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
    Options
  • pxlforge
    pxlforge
    that's what it has looked like to me as well.. I have seen RARE instances of dwarven ore since i started finding ornichalum. But they don't seem more frequent in Malabal Tor than in Greenshade - which is disappointing.
    Edited by pxlforge on April 14, 2014 7:03AM
    Options
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    Not really related to the actual question but just saying that when scouting for mats, make sure that you have the Keen Eye passive picked on your crafting profession, it will make mats easier to find.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
    Options
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Not really related to the actual question but just saying that when scouting for mats, make sure that you have the Keen Eye passive picked on your crafting profession, it will make mats easier to find.

funny thing here, i have 0 points put into keen eye, yet i can see nodes very easily without it, and from a distance too, easily enough that i can gather reliably and fast enough without wasting a point into it.
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
    Options
  • pxlforge
    pxlforge
    i have 2 points in keen eye yet i still spot them myself before the glow kicks in. They need to up the range on it so its worth the points.
    Edited by pxlforge on April 14, 2014 9:47PM
    Options
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Keen eye, get it!

Also keep in mind that if you are in an area where Orich Ore is the dominant resource then there is only a small % chance to find Dwarven Ore. If you want Dwarven Ore you need to go to the next region that handles lvl36 - lvl42 players, it is there that Dawrven Ore is the primary ore.
    Options
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    I wandered into The Rift (I am lvl 12) and saw some right as I zoned, I mined it and turned and moused over a skeletal archer lvl 42 so I promptly left.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
    Options
  • Dahlia_Bristow

Sadly, I'm a little disappointed with how well the "keen eye" function works. Most of the time I see the node before I'm close enough for the graphic to kick in. I'd actually take a refund on the points I've spent for this passive if it were available.
    Edited by Dahlia_Bristow on April 14, 2014 8:38PM
    Options
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I havent collected ore since steel, just deconstruct everything and you'll be swimming in iron ingots, especially with the passive that gives your greater chance to break things down successfully.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pxlforge wrote: »

Just wondering......did you get an answer to this - an actual location? I have the same problem. I have found some in the Alik'r, and in Bankorai (might have spelt that incorrectly), but it seems to be a bit flippin' rare!

I have put a skill point, or two, into the imp who delivers material daily. This does provide Dwarven Ore as that's the level I am on in the Blacksmith skill tress, but not a huge amount even if it is a daily delivery. Personally, I found the imp far better value than the keen eye skill.
    Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure...

LiNK
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you are not confusing this with Dwar
    Pristia wrote: »
    I wandered into The Rift (I am lvl 12) and saw some right as I zoned, I mined it and turned and moused over a skeletal archer lvl 42 so I promptly left.

Aww. I spend lots of time in areas way above my level. My cook needs nice stuff so I can make meals for my VR1 son. I do this anyway. Just send a low level char on expeditions into the high level areas for fun and profit.
    Options
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find alot in reapers march.
    Options
  • pxlforge
    pxlforge
    answer i found was move on to next zone and there was plenty.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mat quality is increases in the zone it's intended for...

(You're more likely to find stuff to make a level 40 item in areas intended for level 40 characters...) To get an idea of the level range of an area, just mouse over the nearest enemy and that's a good indicator. I just don't recommend walking up and introducing yourself.

It's starts in Zone 3 in DF (Rivenspire) and more plentiful in Zone 4 (Bankori)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options