Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

All to Health

Alphoter5
Alphoter5
So i have been watching videos and guides of the game, reading here and there, and notice that many high level players and beta testers say that the most effective way of spending your attribute points, in any case, is giving them all to health. It pvp this seems to be mandatory
Is it true? Why all to health?
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in beta, went you put a point in HP you got 20hp per point instead of 15, so it made sense since you could get more by putting it all into HP and then using items and item enchantments to get your magic and stamina.

Now, its more balanced.
    BUT as I swap roles a lot (healer, dps or tank) I find it easier to put all my points into HP still and have my magic or stamina based on my armor, so I swap armor when swapping roles and increase my magic or stamina based on armor (light magic set for healing, heavy tank stamina set, leather balance set for dps)
    Edited by Natjur on April 14, 2014 3:27AM
  • Alphoter5
    Alphoter5
    i see! thank you
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Back in beta, went you put a point in HP you got 20hp per point instead of 15, so it made sense since you could get more by putting it all into HP and then using items and item enchantments to get your magic and stamina.

Now, its more balanced.
    BUT as I swap roles a lot (healer, dps or tank) I find it easier to put all my points into HP still and have my magic or stamina based on my armor, so I swap armor when swapping roles and increase my magic or stamina based on armor (light magic set for healing, heavy tank stamina set, leather balance set for dps)

agree with this, its far easier to put all points in hp and then use armour and enchants to overcharge your other stats
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »

Now, its more balanced.

agree with this, its far easier to put all points in hp and then use armour and enchants to overcharge your other stats

This would be true if you put all your points into Magicka or Stamina.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭

Now, its more balanced.

This would be true if you put all your points into Magicka or Stamina.

no, if you put all your stats into magicka or stamina you would hit softcaps very quickly, and then find it increasingly harder to raise any further, so if you put it into HP instead then you can overcharge your gear to hit softcaps on both magicka/stamina very easily
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    no, if you put all your stats into magicka or stamina you would hit softcaps very quickly, and then find it increasingly harder to raise any further, so if you put it into HP instead then you can overcharge your gear to hit softcaps on both magicka/stamina very easily

I think he meant you could do it the other way too - put all your points in stamina or magicka, then use enchantments/food to hit caps on the other two.

Basically, it doesn't matter which stat you put points into. You can max out all three.
    Edited by Gaudrath on April 14, 2014 9:38AM