Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Night blade / duel wield BUG!!!

Awoke
Awoke
Alright, so Duel Wield.....Twin Blade and Blunt, is supposed to grant you 5% critical strike rating when using a dagger. I don't know if it's just 1 dagger, (I thought it was) or duel wielding daggers, but it's not showing up on my character sheet. My crit rating does not move at all.
I tried relogging with no weapons equipped, 1 dagger and 1 sword, and two daggers, I also tried /reloading ui and nothing moved my crit. I'm not sure if i'm not properly gaining the crit, or if it's just not properly showing on my character sheet. But this needs to be fixed.
Bug #2:
The Assassination passive "Pressure Points" is supposed to grant 3% critical strike rating per Assassination ability slotted. Slotting and deslotting assassination abilites has no effect on my characters crit rating tooltip, relogging and reloading ui does not work either.
PLEASE fix this ZSO. As an endgame PvE'r number cruncher min maxer, this *** is driving me through the wall. Not to mention my build is focused around me critting. And I could potentially be missing 10+% crit.....
  • hunt8722
    hunt8722
    Welcome to the world of Nightblade .... don't forget to mention Haste and Mark Target
  • Vodkaphile
    Vodkaphile
    ✭✭✭
    Half of the Nightblade skills/abilities flat out dont work. It's pretty sad.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Twin Blade and Blunt has been bugged since like January and I've been reporting it since then.

I also don't know if its just the tool tip or if it actually doesn't work though...
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    hunt8722 wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of Nightblade .... don't forget to mention Haste and Mark Target
    ^ this.

Also want to add Veiled Strike very often doesn't do anything. Animation and sound plays but does not hit the target.

• R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    This class is crap now
  • meimei
    meimei
    Soul Shriven
    ESO support is a big joke! Incompetent! I sent an email to in regards to the Nightblade class & lag spikes & this is the response I got! LOL!

Question: Hi, I would like to address lag issues & broken skills. Not only myself but many complaints can be read on the forums & on other websites in regards to all the lag spikes people are experiencing.

I've been playing the Nighblade class since early access & there are major flaws. Some skills are bugged, not working properly.

Teleport Strike: shows animation but does not always teleport to target
    Pressure Points: does not increase critical strike chance, no change under stats
    Other skill that don't seem to work either are Haste, Mark Target, Veiled Strike,Twin Blade and Blunt, etc.
    There are plenty of posts complaing about this.

Also at times when using Duel Wield skills the character will just stop responding to commands & walk very slow. The only way to fix this is by hitting the ESC KEY twice.

Please try to fix these problems ASAP. Why release a game with so many issues, especially a broken class like the Nightblade.

It's very frustrating & annoying playing a game like this knowing that I'm paying for something that's broken.

Answer (ESO reply): Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

This is most likely due to a few router settings that your Internet Service Provider has set up. Due to the nature of some of these settings, you may wish to get in touch with your ISP and have them walk you through these steps. However, provided below are the basic steps to take to alleviate these symptoms. Please note that the exact verbiage can change from one router to the next, so keep an eye out for similar looking words and phrases.
    You'll want to access your router gateway by opening up a web browser. There are two default gateways that computers commonly use: 192.168.1.1 and 10.0.0.1. You'll want to type one of these in to the web browser address bar until you get a prompt for a username and password. Provided below are for examples of common credentials. You can access your router's manual online to discover the basic password or if you've set your own, enter them now.
    Username / Password
    admin / password
    admin / 1234
    admin / [blank]
    [blank] / password
    If none of these work, contact your ISP or router manufacturer for assistance with accessing the gateway.
    If any of these have worked, please look for a section entitled "Port Forwarding". Here you'll want to setup the ports for our game. On the Port Forwarding screen, there should be a "Add Port Forwarding" or "Add Service" or similar button. Press it and enter the port details. Provided below are the two sets you'll want to create.
    Set One
    Name: ESO Game
    Start Port: 24100
    End Port: 24131
    Server IP: (enter your computer's IP address)
    Enable Port Forwarding
    Set Two
    Name: ESO Lobby
    Start Port: 24500
    End Port: 24507
    Server IP: (enter your computer's IP address)
    Enable Port Forwarding
    You can find more information about The Elder Scrolls Online on our website and social channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Google+).

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds legit. "Skills not working as intended? Check your router, bro."
  • JoxerHD
    JoxerHD
    meimei wrote: »
    a lot of txt
    The tech support that helped was a complete moron clearly.
    Can't read English since he seemed to have just read the word "lag" and just shoved you off with a pre typed message.

Good thing you posted this here, maybe Zeni can do some quality control and lay off this piece of human waste.
    (FYI : 5 years tech support here, these type of posts show not everyone belongs in tech support)
    Edited by JoxerHD on April 17, 2014 5:21AM
  • kelebra
    kelebra
    ✭✭
    While the tech support individual probably should have said something about the abilities like "the ability issues mentioned are being looked into," try and keep in mind he/she is tech support and not community rep or a developer. They gave you very good option to deal with potential lag being generated on your end. Talking about development is not his/her place or job and could get him/her in trouble.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awoke wrote: »
    Alright, so Duel Wield.....Twin Blade and Blunt, is supposed to grant you 5% critical strike rating when using a dagger. I don't know if it's just 1 dagger, (I thought it was) or duel wielding daggers, but it's not showing up on my character sheet. My crit rating does not move at all.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of abilities which change stats but do not actually change the numbers on the character sheet.

For instance, when i summon unstable familiar with my sorcerer, my max magicka is supposed to decrease 10% while the familiar is up, and i can see the blue mana bar shortening after i cast the spell, so it does work.

But looking at my character sheet, the max magicka stat on it does not change at all.
    Another example would be a mundus stone - lady stone is supposed to increase armor, but the armor stat on character sheet does not change.

So its possible that the DW passive works, just does not change the stat sheet.

• Daavos
    Daavos
    I wish people would stop complaining about the Nightblade being broken. It's not. I play a Nightblade, and all the skills work for me. Look around the forums, for each thread discrediting the Nightblade there's a comment within displaying experience form a working Nightblade build, the Nightblade isn't broken for them.

A class is not "broken" if it can't do everything. ESO was release under two weeks ago, give them a break, guys. I doubt anyone posting above complaining about bugs knows anything about making a video game this complex. We should be giving them a round of applause for designing this. Forty years ago, if someone talked about a game of this complexity people would've thought they were crazy. Working out the kinks take time. Every big MMO had a period of uncertainty, and the game certainly doesn't need a hundred thousand people complaining every day about the same thing.

You know what? Instead of whining to an internet forum, why don't you play another class? There's three more, take your pick. Or better yet, if the game is so bugged, DON'T PLAY. It's better than wasting your money for a skillet full of "bugs".
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    My NB is Bow/2hander..and it's easy mode.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Hexcaliber
    Hexcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    LIQUID741 wrote: »
    And just what does that have to do with bugs

@davoss, Several of your nightblade skills do not work as listed and have not worked since closed beta when testers on pts reported them, if you have avoided them thus far good for you. Must be great living life hiding your head in the sand, if you cant see it it cannot be there right?

@meimei you also forgot cripple and its morphed forms which do not snare, nor buff your own movement speed.Oh and stuns from stealth or crouched attacks don't always work either, neither does the passive master assassin.
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on April 18, 2014 4:23AM
    Regards Hexcaliber.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭

Same thing here... BUT! ...

Teleport Strike does not teleport you to target if LOS has been lost between triggering the ability and end of animation. Honestly I can live with that.

Pressure Points does not do what the tool tip does say.

The slow-mo/or/and all abilities=off after dual wield ability used, is a very annoing bug.

Since patch 1.0.3 went live Surprise Attack and the unmorphed Veiled Strike will get you out of Shadow Cloac/Shadowy Disguise when triggered without hiting the opponent. In order to hit you need to hover mouse cursor perfectly over target and be at a minimum distance of 5 meters. Anything closer than that will result in a miss and uncloac. Is that on purpose ZOS?

@Daavos: Instead of teaching us what to do, you'd better said nothing at all.
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    it's duAl wield.
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Has ZeniMax not learned from the history of failed MMOs? As much as I want to see this game grow and flourish into the amazing MMO I want it to be... they better step up their game to get everything fixed up right, or else we're going to have another SWTOR-esque failure on our hands.
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    Daavos wrote: »
    I wish people would stop complaining about the Nightblade being broken. It's not. I play a Nightblade, and all the skills work for me. Look around the forums, for each thread discrediting the Nightblade there's a comment within displaying experience form a working Nightblade build, the Nightblade isn't broken for them.

A class is not "broken" if it can't do everything. ESO was release under two weeks ago, give them a break, guys. I doubt anyone posting above complaining about bugs knows anything about making a video game this complex. We should be giving them a round of applause for designing this. Forty years ago, if someone talked about a game of this complexity people would've thought they were crazy. Working out the kinks take time. Every big MMO had a period of uncertainty, and the game certainly doesn't need a hundred thousand people complaining every day about the same thing.

You know what? Instead of whining to an internet forum, why don't you play another class? There's three more, take your pick. Or better yet, if the game is so bugged, DON'T PLAY. It's better than wasting your money for a skillet full of "bugs".

Well I am one of those people and it is not whining it is constructive feedback to the team so they are aware of the issues with this class.. Also it is easy to test your skill numbers and sets with combat log mod and other mods. This and many other skills have been tested by veteran and low level NB's and posted on board as a fact of them not properly working or properly not applying the % base on passives.

Yes you can spec around these and that seems to be your answer to the whole game. Just play around the bugs and move on if that is your position then that is fine why post at all then.. Oh I see, you post so you can fill your own self worth of value to argue something that really does not need a argument.

We all want this game to work as designed.. Skills and different tree spec's were designed on purpose for each class so each class had a unique feel even between the same class.. However in some tree lines and passives this is not working right now, so your answer is to pigeon hole the players to a certain build only and move on. What a boring and narrow view point! I am pretty sure the development team would not want this since they whole design of their class tree system are totally opposite of this view.

I do expect bugs initially but without players like myself and others coming to these forums and raising these issues, the issues would never get the attention they deserve from the team..

Also quit assuming players are saying the class is completely broken.. For some spec's it is completely broken, because in certain spec builds some of these bugged skills are critical to even have a chance of survival in a fight. So when they do not work, guess what you die and often. So yes from that players perspective it is broken.. However from other players perspective with different builds they do not encounter this issue so they assume everything is fine and argue on board like you unnecessarily.. You say quit the game or change your class if your not happy, I say if your happy great go play and stop coming to forums just to fuel a thread of argument when it does not even apply to you.
    Edited by drakuel1ub17_ESO on April 17, 2014 2:35PM
  • degausser781b14a_ESO
    degausser781b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hexcaliber wrote: »

@davoss, Several of your nightblade skills do not work as listed and have not worked since closed beta when testers on pts reported them, if you have avoided them thus far good for you. Must be great living life hiding your head in the sand, if you cant see it it cannot be there right?

@meimei you also forgot cripple and its morphed forms which do not snare, nor buff your own movement speed.Oh and stuns from stealth or crouched attacks don't always work either, neither does the passive master assassin.

It's apparent you're an extremely gifted and intelligent person, able to communicate clearly and succinctly your feelings. If only all aspects of life had a forum's curtain of anonymity with which we could hide behind, belittling everyone with slurs or the ever present condescending sarcasm you seem to have mastered. Way to be a human being...
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on April 18, 2014 4:25AM
  • Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    Some build ideas players have will never be successful even if all the skills worked perfectly. That doesn't mean the class is horrible and broken like some NB players are complaining about.

You don't do it Drakue, but several NB whiners have in nearly every post about broken NB skills. I am one who thinks the NB is in a pretty good position currently in terms of build variety and effectivenes.

I have a very successful Magicka focused melee stealth build for PvP, a great ranged single target caster dps/support build, a great AOE dps build, and am working on putting together my tanking build. I don't do it personally but others are having success as pure NB healers as well. So the class is certainly viable, yet some people are jumping in every bug discussion and announcing that the class is trash and needs reworked. Heck I solo VR content without even a coherent build most of the time because I am still in the process of leveling skills in the various weapons I don't have maxed yet.

Some of our abilities are certainly bugged or at least not showing up on the character sheet in regards to some of the crit buffs. I would love to see them fixed and am not saying none of the skill complaints are valid. I just like to combat the image that the NB is somehow a poor broken class, when plenty of us are having no issues playing the class effectively in various different roles.
    Edited by Yelgis on April 17, 2014 4:14PM
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    Yelgis,

I concur with how you presented this statement now then previously. I also agree right alongside you that there are a minority of players just whining to wine, I do not condone this and I also am tired of hearing it for the main reason it just floods the forums and threads with nonsense material that only distract the issue at hand and the development team needs clear discussion points to go off of.

Just for clarity sake..

Is the NB class totally broken.. Absolutely not! It is a viable and successful class, especially some builds.

Is the NB class with certain skill spec lines and builds in need of fixing. Absolutely YES!, in fact I think of all the classes right now we have the most bugs in our lines at the moment. The reason I and others are trying to draw attention to it so it can get a look at..

But to all posters if your going to come on here and discuss this NB issue, please please run tests and provide valued feedback and proven results to your feedback.. Otherwise Yelgis is correct you are just creating more noise on a thread that has no real feedback or discussion points that the community and dev team can converse on.
    Edited by drakuel1ub17_ESO on April 17, 2014 6:04PM
  • Awoke
    Awoke
    Yelgis,

I concur with how you presented this statement now then previously. I also agree right alongside you that there are a minority of players just whining to wine, I do not condone this and I also am tired of hearing it for the main reason it just floods the forums and threads with nonsense material that only distract the issue at hand and the development team needs clear discussion points to go off of.

Just for clarity sake..

Is the NB class totally broken.. Absolutely not! It is a viable and successful class, especially some builds.

Is the NB class with certain skill spec lines and builds in need of fixing. Absolutely YES!, in fact I think of all the classes right now we have the most bugs in our lines at the moment. The reason I and others are trying to draw attention to it so it can get a look at..

But to all posters if your going to come on here and discuss this NB issue, please please run tests and provide valued feedback and proven results to your feedback.. Otherwise Yelgis is correct you are just creating more noise on a thread that has no real feedback or discussion points that the community and dev team can converse on.

People will continue to make noise and post about it until it's fixed. There is no mystery. There is no need for tests. It is clear to all what is broken is broken and it needs to be fixed. This is UNACCEPTABLE . It's very hard to take this company seriously.
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem I'm having is veiled strike not getting the sneak crit bonus when used with shadow disguise. All the other issues players reporting *including mark target* are working properly for me.

I can't comment on haste cause I don't have the skill yet.
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭

I guess nothing, keep doing what you are doing...oh and RAGE more. Mall kids, sometimes it's fun just to watch the EMO kids rage.

In all honesty my comment was given as a suggestion. Until the bugs are worked out why continue to get angry about something. Utilize what will work. I want dual wield, but have researched and read enough to not make that mistake...most comments have been about it's a work in progress.

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on April 18, 2014 4:26AM
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem I'm having is veiled strike not getting the sneak crit bonus when used with shadow disguise. All the other issues players reporting *including mark target* are working properly for me.

I can't comment on haste cause I don't have the skill yet.

Do you even have the slightest notion of how overpowered it would be to have Cloak give you a true stealth sneak attack on each use? I would be hitting every single attack for 1.8k and I can pull off a Cloak+Vieled Strike combo around 6 or 7 times before running out of magicka (all points spend in magicka and full light armor).

The only problem you admit to having is one that isn't really a problem. Cloak doesn't give you true stealth attacks because that would be stupidly imbalanced.
  • Drathmar
    Drathmar
    I think the problem is people are whining about things that are bugged that are not. Some thins are truly bugged, but people are whining about so much stuff that they just don't like or don't understand how it really works and calling it a bug that it just drowns out the real bugs sometimes.

Also, to anyone bitching about the company not fixing stuff yet... get over yourself and realize it actually takes time to fix bugs. They can't just be like "oh thats bugged, ok it's fixed" an hour later. Do you realize how much time it takes to go through all their code and find that little small detail (that could be a single little mark wrong) that is making a skill not work correctly? It is literally like trying to find a needle in a square mile sized stack of hay. All MMO's and online games have bugs... this one is actually not bad in that regard. Rift when it launched was worse... SWTOR was horrible for almost 2-3 months with bugs, other MMO's have had the same problems. It amazes me that people still *** about how long it takes bugs to get fixed and that MMO's launched with these bugs after beta. You realize that while they have betas, at this point maybe 1% of the people who participate actually report the bugs? Learn some *** patience.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about abilities not working, that happens for a lot of skills across the game.

Also we could have bugged/poorly designed tooltips, not bugged abilities.
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cripple works just fine for it's snare and Crippling Grasp morph also works fine as I just recently morphed it and tested 30 seconds ago. Normal Cripple snare has worked for me since beta. It only snares slightly and boosts your own speed slightly. Some may not notice this ... I'm assuming blind people or those thinking it should be twice as fast as sprinting mounts perhaps.

Oh and just discovered it also stacks. Repeat before dots runs out and you keep getting faster.
    Edited by Tamanous on April 19, 2014 9:35PM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I have noticed that shadowy disguise is now bugged at least for me. It is no longer adding the 100% crit even in melee. I confirmed this because if you use it and then enter the tooltip it usualy shows but not now. I then ran it against mobs to see if it was just the tool tip but no its the skill. I have found a couple of fixes they work most but not all of the time. 1) relog occasionaly works.
    2) \stuck
    3)dying any way because you didn't crit
    these eventually work but its a nightmare for my crit dam specced build.
    plus nearly all of the above mentioned issues less cripple that seems ok atm.
    Edited by lathbury on April 21, 2014 3:26AM
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    Left my NB Bosmer at V1 to level another class, no way i willbe playing a class with all its passives bugged and often just locks all my ability's so i cant use them -_-

I think Zenimax got a little overwhelmed how hard it is to manage an mmo.
    I bet they are eating their words with "smoothest launch in history" or whatever they were saying :disappointed:

5 server downtimes this week and no class bug fixes.....
    I hope they are even aware of these problems as AA is around the corner and my patience is getting rockbottom....
  • SugarEater
    Do you guys really dont see the difference between
    Increasing critical strike DAMAGE
    AND
    Increasing critical strike CHANCE
    ???