Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Imperial edition illustrated book

michaeljones161b16_ESO
Hi
I couldn't justify spending £90 on the retail Imperial edition - especially as I was not interested in most of the extra stuff. But I do desire the illustrated book that came with it.
Is there any way it can be bought seperately?
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    there was a limited (10000) 'collectors set' for like.. 100 bucks for sale, came with more than just the book. not sure if it is still going on
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    They might add certain things like that to their store.
    But i would give it some time before the store gets populated with things worth buying.

I did read somewhere about things like this for the store, i can't find the link, i may have dreamt it.
  • Papito
    Papito
    I'll you mine for $99.99
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    considering the game was $60 usd and imperial $100usd (dont remember conversion right now), the digital imperial was $80, so you are only paying an extra $20usd for the statue, the book and the map....I dont see how that was not worth it? the book alone i would surprised if it sold for less than $40 seperately, the statue at any less than $30....I got one hell of a deal I think, love this book
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Book is awesome and well worth it.

The other book deal you talk about did not include the ce book but 3 others and it is still on sale think they even reduced the prize a lot!
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • michaeljones161b16_ESO
    Trouvo wrote: »
    considering the game was $60 usd and imperial $100usd (dont remember conversion right now), the digital imperial was $80, so you are only paying an extra $20usd for the statue, the book and the map....I dont see how that was not worth it? the book alone i would surprised if it sold for less than $40 seperately, the statue at any less than $30....I got one hell of a deal I think, love this book

Here in the UK, the retail copy of the Imperial edition could only be bought from one retailer (Game.co.uk). It cost £89.99. I bought the Explorers edition from them for £35.00. That a difference of £45 (about $75)

I don't want the statue, or the various digital bits and pieces (such as the horse and rings of Mara) but would love the book. I couldn't justify spending £45 more for the book. If I could buy the book on it's own for, say £20 or £25, I would.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »

Here in the UK, the retail copy of the Imperial edition could only be bought from one retailer (Game.co.uk). It cost £89.99. I bought the Explorers edition from them for £35.00. That a difference of £45 (about $75)

I don't want the statue, or the various digital bits and pieces (such as the horse and rings of Mara) but would love the book. I couldn't justify spending £45 more for the book. If I could buy the book on it's own for, say £20 or £25, I would.

i too pre-ordered mine from game, but, i did shell out for the Imperial Edition Retail Box for £89.99, and altho im glad i did, im not too impressed with statue, i was kinda expecting resin or at least cast not some cheap plastic thing, oh well, but the book is NIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCEEE!! really nice, i won't be selling it im afraid :)
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those books will be worth a lot in a few years. And i got 2 spare ones. I am happy with my 3 imperial editions (1 is still boxed and won't come out until my son is old enough, almost 9)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • lehran
    lehran
    ✭✭✭
    The $100 book set on the bethesda store is not the same book as the one included with the Imperial Edition. The only way to get the Imperial Edition book is to buy the Imperial Edition, or to get it secondhand from a site such as ebay.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the item for sale in the store is not the same at all. Not even close.

And the physical stuff in the Imperial Edition is actually pretty awesome. The leather bound book would be $40 easy, I could see it being sold for double that just because of it's binding.

The Molag Bol statue, while not as robust as the Skyrim dragon, is pretty awesome and I would estimate the value at around $80 if not $100, easy by itself.

Not to mention the Horse, changing all my equipment to Imperial (not quest stuff though), choosing any race with any faction (I know it's preorder, but the physical edition has the code in it also), and of course the Imperial Race itself, and the game, and the first month free...

With just that, you are looking at $80 digital and I got all the same stuff plus all of the physical items for $100. So for $20 more I get far more bang for my buck.

I am very happy with my purchase. And I feel it is all worth the money I spent.
  • mechasauce
    mechasauce
    ✭✭
    I would check Ebay over the next few months, I've seen many various games collectors edition items for sale....at not too bad prices.