Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So, how are you liking the game thus far?

Wreaken
Wreaken
✭✭✭
I recently got to Veteran 1, 3 days ago and have just finished up all the main story lines and have started progress in to the Adventure areas for Veterans.

I have also read the information about the new content patch due out at the end of this month and I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed.

I understand a lot of people have encountered bugs and issues along the way, but without giving to much away, believe me when I say this, this game has a massive amount of content on release and in my opinion, content is king and is what keeps people playing.

To those possibly losing interest due to bugs, stick it out, you won't regret it.

Just remember, Level 1 to 50 is only 33% of the game and that's not including the Storyline and Guild quest series.

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
Oceanic - Australia
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pleasantly surprised by the game. I wasn't planning to play it until a friend convinced me to... I'm glad he did.

I'm not very high level at all, but I've been playing with a lot of crafting and trying different classes. Not sure which race I like, but I've got plenty of time.

The biggest complaint I have is that I can't use the keyboard to turn left or right and I can't use the mouse to activate powers. Since I am left handed I normally use the numeric keypad for movement and the mouse for targeting and using powers, that doesn't work at all in this game.

Even with a moderate graphics card the visuals look really nice. Sometimes I stand around and watch other people fighting just looking at the various animations. They look better to me when someone else is fighting than when I am, not sure if anyone else feels that way.

I played a little in the last two beta stress tests to see how the game looked, but I generally avoid betas because I'd rather play when I can keep the character than when I know it's going to die.

As a result of not playing much in beta, I really have no idea where quests are, what the best progression is, how to optimize my question, etc., which is great. However, I don't know how things are supposed to turn out, so chances are I wouldn't even notice a bug that didn't just stop me in my tracks. I did have one that I thought was a bug but it was my misunderstanding of how disguises worked... I just moved on to other quests and then came back to it later after I figured out what I was doing wrong.

I really like the crafting, the different things you can do when assembling an item are pretty cool. I hope that they don't cave and mess it up. I really feel that some things are better left untouched by players.

I don't PVP and I'm no where near veteran, so I don't have anything to say about that.

Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that I will ever have a character reach that high of a level. The way I play doesn't focus towards that.

When I get burnt out, I will stop paying the script for a month or two and when I feel the urge, I will create a new character, anyway. I have never picked up a former character in all of TES. When I stop playing they are done.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    TESO is huge! Crafting is fun, story quests are engaging. I haven't done pvp yet though so can't comment on that. Skill system is pretty robust in that players can choose multiple combo at their will, so say a player can choose to be a sorcerer wielding a sword and resto staff and stuff like that.

Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    Absolutely loving it... except inventory space, for which I seem to spend more time nightly fighting than mobs. The whole game is about freedom and yet space is only thing that seems to not allow any.
    Edited by byghostlightrwb17_ESO on April 12, 2014 5:53AM
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've been pretty bored and plagued with technical issues. Support is non-existent unless you have an issue easy enough for a Google search, then the techs jump right in to help.

They've disguised the quest hub nature of the game pretty well but it's still there. Nothing really open world about it. Sure I can go anywhere...as long as I'm the appropriate level. Which is just like every other game.

The grouping tool, guild store, usernames in chat...all feels like Zenimax has never played an MMO before. You can't search the guild store? Are you kidding me?

I'm not sure how they did it but they managed to have amazing graphics while being completely drab at the same time. Everything is so...grey.

Who's idea was it to put dungeon loot in chests, with no rolling, and no way to see what people looted? As if PUGs weren't bad enough they found a way to make them worse. Well done.

I don't know how pvp is because I get perma stuck on loading Cyrodil.

Player name plates? I wonder how many times I would have stopped to be sociable if I had only known I was running past a guild mate. Again, have they not played an MMO?

I'm glad some people are liking it. Must be people new to the genre.
    Edited by alewis478b14_ESO on April 12, 2014 6:27AM
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Loving ESO, too busy exploring and getting lost in the lore and world to level very fast, plenty of content, not too bad graphics (which will only get better when they optimise it and our GPU's really kick in), all in all in my opinion the best MMO out there at the minute
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeap i quite like the game , if anything my problem is that , i dont really feel the templar is the class for me.

But it is so boring lvling other class seeing the same story over and over, and i just cant decide which of them i even want.

Atm i got one of each lvl 10 and a templar lvl 35 ...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Cardan011
    Cardan011
    I love it , hopefully they iron few kinks with bugged quests and make guild stores better, chat is drab , name plates should be in game with option to turn them off and hopefully guild and player housing