The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Suggestion to help customer and eso customer service

Malicyan
Malicyan
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if a similar situation was post in the past. But i will post it here.

When i try to log in i received a notification saying it's a new IP adress.
I used my computer yesterday at my house and didn'T move it ...
I did the step : go in my mail and copy past the code you gave me and it's fail. I've wait 5 minute and the access code work. But for other that got struck for any reason and the code is not working and they need to call or email customer support the following solution could reduce the call/email flow.

To prevent any similar problem, i would recommend you to make a application for smarthphone with a 8 digit code generator like world of warcraft and synchronize it with the eso account. so no matter where i am i could log in my accountt and play. It would be harder for hacker to pass trought and it would be easier for you to handle similar situation in the futur.

With the creation of such a application it would strenghten the security of your account, protect personnal information of customer (privacy)
By doing it now in the futur and ESO popularity raising (because all elder scroll game were HUGE success) it would prevent rootkit attack.
A solution like you have right now it good but not the best(referring to email send). A application on smarthphone is not absolute but even a script that send a code the a smarthphone by sms would be working. By adding a third party code like smarthphone even hacker that got access to eso account or email will hit a wall because to hack a smarthphone required to hacked a second company (cellular provider).

I hope my solution will be of any help to you company, customer service and privacy department.