Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mini PvP Games - PvP Arenas

gokhanuzmez
gokhanuzmez
✭✭
So it appears unless you have a high end desktop or a laptop,

Even though you get 30+ fps on Pve Content ( like me on medium settings )

Cyrodiil Massive PvP is not going to work for you. FPS drops down to 10 ish and no matter what settings you are ( even the mine craft looking low settings that probably makes you blind at some point ) will not give you playable frame rate in these battles ( where 60 + players tries to cast a spell )
even if you have a decent system like I do that can run the game smooth in PvE.

How about Mini battles for those though? Why do I have to fight 300 people at the same time ?

Are there any plans adding smaller pvp battles like 10 vs 10, 20 vs 20, even 5 vs 5 with different story lines and still get pvp rewards ? Not to mention you dont have to run 10 mins for 2 mins fights.

This is not talking bad about the game, dont get me wrong, the game is great, just asking a pvp option.

Just food for thought. What do you guys think ?

Edited by gokhanuzmez on April 10, 2014 3:12PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many threads about this topic already. Long ones. Search function is your friend.

You can find smaller scale combat already - just leave the big pack and go elsewhere in Cyro.
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    But would not be nice to get in to queue for a smaller pvp combat area ? doesnt have to be too small
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower your graphic settings for massive PvP. Works like a charm.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    I also want some different form of pvp, I love cyrodiil and all but I want some smaller scaled pvp, some quick pvp. I submitted feedback on this already and had some ideas on what they can add that makes sense with the lore.

The arena in oblivion if you remember that, would be an awesome addition to the game. Maybe 1v1's 2v2's 3v3's or more. Maybe implement a betting system on how they had it in oblivion, but only if they can work their way around it not being abused.

something small scale that people can do quick and fight someone.
    Hope they add this sometime in the future. Still love cyrodiil though.
    Edited by SinBad on April 10, 2014 7:31PM
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SinBad wrote: »
    I also want some different form of pvp,

That horse has been beat to death, buried...resurrected and beat to death again. Please let it RIP.
    It's not in the cards.
    Not happening.
    No way, Jose.
    Best seek that kind of PvP elsewhere. Not Elsewhyr.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭

That horse has been beat to death, buried...resurrected and beat to death again. Please let it RIP.
    It's not in the cards.
    Not happening.
    No way, Jose.
    @MercyKilling‌ I know it has, but it doesn't hurt to suggest it, who knows it may happen. not anytime soon, but maybe. And if it doesn't I am completely fine with it.

no need to crush my dreams :'(
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not in the cards.
    Not happening.
    No way, Jose.

Another "the game is perfect, nothing will ever be added" post. Nonsense.

It would be nice if there was some pvp where individual skill actually matters.

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, the game is hardly perfect. Nowhere did I say that.
    All I said was it's been discussed so many times already, and developers have said time and again...NO ARENAS. NO DUELING.

Seriously, go get your fix for that somewhere else. Just be sure to come back here when you're done. :)
    3) Difficulty slider.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No No No No No. Arenas kill any open world pvp, and turn the game into copypasta builds.
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    I would say individual skill does contribute , of course if you only run with the zerg it will be to a much smaller degree than if you were to roam in a small grp of 4-8 taking resource camps or undefended keeps.

Side note - I would also like to someday see maybe a few BGs like DAOC had, 5 lvl range static BGs with a few keeps and towers.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I said was it's been discussed so many times already, and developers have said time and again...NO ARENAS. NO DUELING.

Seriously, go get your fix for that somewhere else. Just be sure to come back here when you're done. :)

It's so sad the game is being held hostage by lowest common denominator players insisting on lowest common denominator design.

I've noticed a trend about ESO players, they aren't content to simply enjoy themselves, they need to dictate what anyone can do as well.

Hopefully, they make some skill based pvp. Zerg fests get old. Don't be afraid of a little competition, it won't kill you.
    Hawtsauce wrote: »
    I would say individual skill does contribute , of course if you only run with the zerg it will be to a much smaller degree than if you were to roam in a small grp of 4-8 taking resource camps or undefended keeps.

You mean ride around and attack objectives until a zerg comes? Eh, old hat. You need to realize this design is over a decade old. I like riding my horse around as much as the next guy, but balanced fights are fun too.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 10, 2014 8:05PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »

It's so sad the game is being held hostage by lowest common denominator players insisting on lowest common denominator design.

I've noticed a trend about ESO players, they aren't content to simply enjoy themselves, they need to dictate what anyone can do as well.

Hopefully, they make some skill based pvp. Zerg fests get old. Don't be afraid of a little competition, it won't kill you.

You do realize that the game was designed for Elder Scrolls fans not mmo fans. So calling the majority of the gamerbase are holding the minority hostage is ludicrous.
    Edited by Ragnar_Lodbrok on April 10, 2014 8:01PM
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    I personally like the Cyrodiil, mass battle PVP stuff. It's different from PVP I am used to and adds an epic feel in a way that smaller PVP just can't.

With that said, I agree with the OP. Smaller-scale PVP would be awesome. I personally don't even care what it is; arena, 'battlegrounds', etc. The Cyrodiil PVP is nice, but feel very impersonal. I don't really feel like I contribute much in the grand scheme of things, even though I'm a healer. I feel like if I weren't there, the outcome would be the same.

One may argue "Well, you can get the smaller PVP if you just go out and look for it", and they would be right! However, I don't particularly like the idea that I have to go "look" for it. When I want to do smaller style PVP, I'd appreciate having the option to play in a setting that is designed for such, and not rely on such tactics as ganking people who are more interested in the questgiver they are looking at when you attack them.

ZOS has said they like for there to be options for their players as far as what content they play and how they play it. I think expanding PVP in this area would be right up that alley. I understand something like this may take some time to develop, and certainly don't expect it to be out tomorrow (or at all, frankly), but mentioning my support of the idea feels right.. even if it is a reanimated "dead horse".
    Edited by Xezzu on April 10, 2014 8:06PM
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that the game was designed for Elder Scrolls fans not mmo fans. So calling the majority of the gamerbase are holding the minority hostage is ludicrous.

Elder Scrolls has Arenas.

One of the games was called ARENA.

I know, I've played them all. So, what were you saying?
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except in none of the games did you ever get to fight another PLAYER. NPC's only.
    Next strawman.
    3) Difficulty slider.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize it's the DEVELOPERS that made that decision? You're calling out the Devs and saying they're the lowest common denominator, right?

3) Difficulty slider.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Except in none of the games did you ever get to fight another PLAYER. NPC's only.
    Next strawman.

Someone tell Zenimax they screwed up. Do they know you can already fight with other players in this game? Are they aware it's a multiplayer version of tes? Someone should probably let them know!

I don't think you should use the term strawman, you don't seem to know how to use it correctly.

Just admit you fear competition and be done with it.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 10, 2014 8:11PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes where you fought pve opponents. It also wasnt in all of them. If they add a pve arena thats fine, but to screw over world pvp for a pvp arena? NO.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes where you fought pve opponents. It also wasnt in all of them. If they add a pve arena thats fine, but to screw over world pvp for a pvp arena? NO.

This is what happens when you are being disingenuous about your reasons. You say things that make no sense. Just say you don't like skill based competition.

They made a multiplayer version of TES, it would not be out of place at all to add multiplayer pvp now would it?

You guys are geniuses lol.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 10, 2014 8:21PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what happens when you you are being disingenuous about your reasons. You say things that make no sense. Just say you don't like skill based competition.

They made a multiplayer version of TES, it would not be out of place at all to add multiplayer pvp now would it?

You guys are geniuses lol.

There is nothing skill based in arena. Its all the same specs running around and whomever with the best spec/rng wins. What skill is that?
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, it's true. It's happened in other games. Adding instanced PVP would likely have a large effect on Cyrodiil. Maybe they could add some sort of feature to make solo PVP in Cyrodiil more reward/appealing? Hmm.. I don't know. But something other than the zerg would be a nice choice, I suppose.
    Edited by Xezzu on April 10, 2014 8:18PM
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

There is nothing skill based in arena. Its all the same specs running around and whomever with the best spec/rng wins. What skill is that?

This is what poor players tell themselves after losing. Every game ever with character building has had optimal specs. What separates the people who win and the people who make excuses after they lose, is skill.

What separates people who lose and improve and people who lose and lie to themselves, is backbone.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 10, 2014 8:22PM
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not fear competition...I detest it. It's brought out the worst in people...and for no good reason.
    One person sitting on top is nowhere near as good as two or more people putting out their best efforts to accomplish a goal. Cooperation is king, regardless of how you want to think.
    3) Difficulty slider.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what people tell themselves after losing. Every game ever with character building has had optimal specs. What separates the people who win and the people who make excuses after they lose, is skill.

What separates people who lose and improve and people who lose and lie to themselves, is backbone.

No it isnt. You are fooling yourself. And nothing is worse than when you lie to yourself. Real skill lies in open world were nothing is prescripted and preplanned.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

I do not fear competition...I detest it. It's brought out the worst in people...and for no good reason.
    One person sitting on top is nowhere near as good as two or more people putting out their best efforts to accomplish a goal. Cooperation is king, regardless of how you want to think.

I suggest trying to improve instead of giving up at the 1st sign of trouble. No reason to detest competition or trying to improve yourself. Cooperation is part of being successful in the Arena btw. It's actually the most important part.

No it isnt. You are fooling yourself. And nothing is worse than when you lie to yourself. Real skill lies in open world were nothing is prescripted and preplanned.

I imagine it's frustrating trying to convince yourself you hold no responsibility for your performance in a game when you know it isn't true.

Just try to get better, no need to be such a wuss about everything.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 10, 2014 8:29PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest trying to improve instead of giving up at the 1st sign of trouble. No reason to detest competition or trying to improve yourself. Cooperation is part of being successful in the Arena btw. It's actually the most important part.

Good thing there are 999 WoW clones that have arena in it that you can go to.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing there are 999 WoW clones that have arena in it that you can go to.

Yeah, you don't have a leg to stand on so I understand the cop out.

Just be honest about why you don't like certain content. No need to waste time making stuff up. Some people aren't cut out for competition and that's ok. No reason to deny it from the players who can handle it though.

It doesn't even need to give rewards, it could be just for fun.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 10, 2014 8:38PM
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    No No No No No. Arenas kill any open world pvp, and turn the game into copypasta builds.
    Basically this.

• Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are far , far better things for the devs to spend time on implementing than this. Expand Cyr even more is what I'd like to see in PVP.

Let's have one mmo without the arena worries , and that focuses only on large scale PVP with zero one one one class balancing.
    Edited by Dahkoht on April 10, 2014 9:24PM
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    I do agree Massive pvp makes you feel like you dont matter at all. You just zerg with the majority of ppl or your guild mates and zerg stuuff

WHICH IS COOOL dont get me wrong

but like 10 vs 10 nice set up teams after a capture the flag or capture the base kinda deal would be a Nice addition.
    ESO copied lots of stuff from other mmos, it cant copy battleground system? WHY NOT?
    Think about it