Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I dont know what to do now

Hearts
Hearts
✭✭✭
So i am level 26 atm and im with the Daggerfall Covenant.
Ive completed Glenumbra quest (Got quest achievement) and Stormhaven (didnt get quest achi), I was level 20 when i arrived at Rivenspire which was a level 24 zone.. Now I got a quest in Rivenspire that is bugged and is blocking my progression (The Liberation of Northpoint is the quest).. So I got two choices i think, Go back to Glenumbra and Stormhaven and do missing quests (but i dont want to).. Is there something I can do in Rivenspire?
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    So you have done everything have you?
    -Collected skyshards
    -Crafting
    -Completed all public/group dungeons
    -Explored the whole map
    -Geared up appropriately
    -Explored the next area
    -Done your daily PvP quests
    -Fed your horse (If you have one)
    -Weapon/Armor research

If you have done all those and your only lvl 26 then zenimax shouldn't have released such an incomplete game. There is always something to do, you just need to go find it (or use google).

• Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    No, I havent done everything but i would rather quest than collect skyshards and do dungeons.
    Havent gone to Cyrodiil yet so no PvP
    THe problem is that im not high level enough, I dont see any quests that can make me progress through rivenspire and next area is too high level for me.
    Edited by Hearts on April 10, 2014 9:42AM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hearts wrote: »
    No, I havent done everything but i would rather quest than collect skyshards and do dungeons.
    Havent gone to Cyrodiil yet so no PvP
    THe problem is that im not high level enough, I dont see any quests that can make me progress through rivenspire and next area is too high level for me.

If you'd rather quest, why not go back and do missing quests? You've shot yourself in the foot by skipping so much.
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take the boat to Alikr Desert or whatever it is called. Boat is in Wayrest costs 200g.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why take a boat? Just use the wayshrine. Free.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that skipping skyshards (and quest chains that give a SP) is gimping you because with more SP you can flesh out a better build
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to go back, why not try Cyrodiil out for a while? It'll be a change of pace, and it might help out your exp a bit too!

Also, be sure to send in a bug report (using /bug) for the quest that's blocking progress. They didn't get a chance to catch all the mid-to-upper level bugs in beta since not many testers got that far.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Why take a boat? Just use the wayshrine. Free.

I do not think I had that option until i first took the boat over. Maybe I just wasnt paying attention.

• Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    Ehm, so the bugged quest got fixed ( i just relogged a bunch of times) and now im at Alik'r Desert.. Im done with about 40% of the area (I think) and im level 29 fighting against level 30's...

Now the thing is, Since the beta, ive memorized every quest, every skyshard, every anchor, every camp, every tower in Glenumbra/Stormhaven, I know What ive missed and what ive taken and I did not skip much, one area in Glenumbra and two areas in Stormhaven, about 15 quests total.. That should not have created this gap, ive done about 90-95% of the quests in each area, Im not sure about Rivenspire as this is the first time im there..
    My level deficient shouldnt be this high, I shouldnt be 5-6 levels lower, tops 2 levels lower. I cant even try to figure out what ive missed, does the game expect you to do every quest, every tower, every dungeon you come across?
    Im went back to Glenumbra and got every skyshard and did all of the quests i missed, im at stormhaven now and doing the same thing but im not going to get more than a half level out of this.. Something is wrong.. Also before i did daggerfall quests I went back to Stros'mkai and Betnikh and THEN i did Glenumbra quests..
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    I did every quest, skyshard, miniboss, public dungeon, anchor, instanced dungeon in the starting areas, Glenumbra, Stormhaven, and Rivenspire. I was level 37 when I first step foot in alkir desert and within an hour of simply exploring, not even doing any quests i was almost lvl 39. Instead of running past mobs trying to finish things as quickly as possible, stop and kill stuff. Go explore and find some chests. That exp for opening chests has got to be reduced because I could level by doing nothing but that. I get twice the amount of xp from opening a chest that is intermediate-advanced than I do for doing a quest in Alkir.
    Anyways if you really need to level simply find a partner and grind mobs for an hour or 2. You will get a ton of xp and get to the level of the quests in no time. I actually have the problem of leveling too fast. I am constantly having to watch myself and get the quests completed before i'm 5 lvls above them and receive no loot from what i'm killing.