The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag bal Fight

• Pairaka
    Pairaka
    Rhoric wrote: »
    I can't even get to him as I keep dying on my way to him. I got as far as just past the bridge you create and no further. I quit in frustration.

One of the biggest gripes I had that was every time I died I got booted back to the start. That's NOT fun. I did figure out that you can slip past the first titan situated at the bottom of the stairs (the one outside before you come to the area where Mannimarco is being tortured). The one inside stays dead unless you leave the area for a time.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    I can understand the concept behind this being an epic fight, but this is just crazy. I don't think I'll be able to beat him at all.

In the same boat.. Tried many, many times. Lost count now. I have arthritis in my hands and they just can't last the distance. I am now considering not renewing my sub. Which is a shame as I like the game but not being able to progress is a game breaker for me.

I have died to this fight now well over 50 times, I lost count! I am a 50 Summoning Sorcerer with 43 Storm Calling with 50 in Destruction Staff using Inferno and 25 in Resto Staff first two heals. I have Mage Guild Entropy level 2 with Mage Light. You would think with 2 class skills and two staff skills, I'd find some option that works but I haven't been able to get him below 297,000 HP! And frankly, I think 350,000 starting HP is LUDICROUS! I've tried every Quickbar combination I could think of and none of them got him below 300K HP except for my Resto QB. I didn't have nearly this much trouble with Manimarko because my pets could hold his agro, Molag Bal just ignores them all, including the Storm Atrionach! I mean Come On! I wear cloth! I block with my staff just fine thanks so much, the Titans are a breeze! But His IN YOUR FACE Agro is unbeatable at this point for me!

I've got no more skill points to use and have grabbed every SkyShard except for the 4 behind EP & DC's Scroll gates and can't afford to respec because I've all my money into increasing bank space because I'm crafting so many crafts.

I have arthritis in both hands as well so dodge rolling and kiting doesn't come easy and I'm lousy at it. I see when he's about to port jump on me and I use Bolt escape but I always get caught by his landing anyway and it stuns me. Trackball and Keyboard are hell to work with. If I can't access the VR areas via Travel to Player I'll probably not renew my subscription either. I mean Jesus H You know Who! If Gold Sellers and Bots can Travel to player to Cold Harbor to cheat a quest, Why the heck can't I Travel To Player to access the next areas that I'm properly leveled for?!?

And for all of you who think it's easy, well good for you. I'm 51 years old with Arthritis and Neuropathy. You're young and limber I'm guessing. There's no need to be dismissive of those of us who are otherwise impaired because we can't be as agile with a keyboard/mouse or trackball combo.Be glad you're capable but there's no need for the nasty comments.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Mortannia
    Mortannia
    Soul Shriven
    I know the feeling I am a Vamp Mage doing an odd melee build with sword and board an heavy armor with rez staff or Bow as off weapon as needed, Being fire weak at all here seems to be a deal breaker for being able to do this guy. Everything is fire *sigh* after 10 losses I realized I could just charge through everything healing my butt off and let most mobs rubber-band back to spawn and not have to fight them with Molog calling in the insta-kill artillery strikes. but when I hit the end and what 5? Titans? Seriously? VAMP BANE.... block yeah block hmmm still dead. not good. They seem to force you to respec to kill this guy... cant afford it or progress till I get this guy... Loosing interest fast in what was a wonderful game aside from this one deal breaker.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY! After some help from a guildie with gold for a respec, I got Annulment & Entropy and was able to Block/Kyte/Heal/Shield/Circle of FlameStaff Fire AOE all around his feet and took him down in 5 minutes! Feels great knowing the trick and I was able to do it WITH my arthritic hands no less!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea, it was, for me, at first in preferred spec impossible to beat, then after a respec and regear, extremely difficult to beat as a vamp sorcerer

but as a vamp DK with the spec i liked to use i destroyed it with minimal effort in no time at all, first push.

obvious nerf is obvious
    Edited by Kiwi on May 15, 2014 2:10AM
    A large yellow rectangle

• soalrism
    soalrism
    ✭✭
    ??? resto stuff, shield and hot, stay in movement out of all red circles, where is the problem?? im a very bad player, i needed to level to 15 to beat the mage quest line level 10 boss, the level 30 main quest i solved not before level 35 - but molag bal was a very easy kill in the first try... i was so disappointed :( yes it took some time, but it's not difficult at all, as long as you stay in movement and dont get stunned, you are so over buffed from the ritual :(
  • Mortannia
    Mortannia
    Soul Shriven
    OK after a few tries I and playing with my skill lay out I was able to take him. Blocking plays a big part with the titans I kept backing away from them letting them kill themselves on the block/reflect buff. I had a rez staff equipped with the first 2 heals as well as the ward and dheadric curse. it was a matter of circling fairly close to change angle fast poping curses on him and staying out of his red circles and cones while healing as needed. He does not hit all that hard with blows so you can shrug those off. Just don't be where he lands and do not be in the cone of his fire and your good. Once you are past the Titans its all down hill. Nothing else he does hurts as bad if you can stay out of the red rings.

All in all a hard fight but if you can self heal a little and stay out of his big hits the tools they give you are enough to do the job. I do wish they reward was a little more usable.... maybe choose a weapon you can use vs the 2 hander they give you.

Just keep at it Oh and Vamps get down to Vamp 1 it helps.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going to link my last fight but I cant access my channel from my phone apparently.
  • AvdP85
    AvdP85
    Soul Shriven
    And I just ran around with a bow. Using sprint to dodge his special moves and snares go kill the titans (also the bow is handy to kill them). But getting to Molag was harder then beating him.
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    So, basically, you have to ***-up and range him, run around a rock, and heal all day.

So much for the days of "Sword and Shield".

At least I don't lose man-points playing BF4.
    Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • vengance89
    vengance89
    Soul Shriven
    so was there a nerf because that was easy as NB with bow...
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took my Stamina based two handed Nightblade before the NB fix and thought he was easy enough.

Funnel Health was 'key' and more than enough to see me through with health Regen so I recommend a skill along those lines if you have one.
  • Bigtuna
    Bigtuna
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 27, 2014 6:14PM
  • Logan9a
    Logan9a
    ✭✭✭
    Blocking changed it for me. A big thanks to all who took part on this thread. I don't think the NPC needs to be nerfed but I'm guessing that if enough people complain, it will be. It is a long fight but once you know the trick (block) you can eventually win.
  • Elder_Thorn
    compared to the rest of the game this fight is indeed hard. Esspecially when you are a vampire, your drawbacks com einto play a lot more drastically than before, when all thos titans spawn. I added the active light armor skill to my skillbar and then it was manageable. YOu will need to manage your magicka though, if you run out of magicka and quikly need the damage shield... well... :P
  • kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    I can't even get to him as I keep dying on my way to him. I got as far as just past the bridge you create and no further. I quit in frustration.

This is me too. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I try to ensure I'm always moving but I'm constantly being one shot killed when caught by his fire spell.

Level 49 Vamp Sorc in light armour

Edit - finally managed to get to him by dragging mobs back to tunnels where the spell wouldn't hit me.
    - Actual fight was fine just ran in circles with bound armour and the healing pet out firing off curses and light attacks
    Edited by kyrowski on May 31, 2014 1:08PM
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭

I have died to this fight now well over 50 times, I lost count! I am a 50 Summoning Sorcerer with 43 Storm Calling with 50 in Destruction Staff using Inferno and 25 in Resto Staff first two heals. I have Mage Guild Entropy level 2 with Mage Light. You would think with 2 class skills and two staff skills, I'd find some option that works but I haven't been able to get him below 297,000 HP! And frankly, I think 350,000 starting HP is LUDICROUS! I've tried every Quickbar combination I could think of and none of them got him below 300K HP except for my Resto QB. I didn't have nearly this much trouble with Manimarko because my pets could hold his agro, Molag Bal just ignores them all, including the Storm Atrionach! I mean Come On! I wear cloth! I block with my staff just fine thanks so much, the Titans are a breeze! But His IN YOUR FACE Agro is unbeatable at this point for me!

I have arthritis in both hands as well so dodge rolling and kiting doesn't come easy and I'm lousy at it. I see when he's about to port jump on me and I use Bolt escape but I always get caught by his landing anyway and it stuns me. Trackball and Keyboard are hell to work with. If I can't access the VR areas via Travel to Player I'll probably not renew my subscription either. I mean Jesus H You know Who! If Gold Sellers and Bots can Travel to player to Cold Harbor to cheat a quest, Why the heck can't I Travel To Player to access the next areas that I'm properly leveled for?!?

And for all of you who think it's easy, well good for you. I'm 51 years old with Arthritis and Neuropathy. You're young and limber I'm guessing. There's no need to be dismissive of those of us who are otherwise impaired because we can't be as agile with a keyboard/mouse or trackball combo.Be glad you're capable but there's no need for the nasty comments.

I must admit I wouldn't like to try this with a trackball. I'm surprised you can't beat it with Entropy and the Restoration Staff regeneration Heal over Time both ticking away and healing you. His jump in the air thing only happens before the titan spawn and is telegraphed a long way in advance, I think he starts to squat and stops swinging his mace.

Bolt escape might not work because some of these games do a hitcheck before animations complete, so you get knocked down when he lands even though you're no longer in the circle. Maybe just hit the sprint key and run in whatever direction you're facing when he squats. Ideally change direction of your run so you're going sideways away from him, but you don't have to.

I'm not the quickest player and apparently i'm playing a rubbish class, a tank Templar, but I managed to get this guy and mannimarco down first go. However, after beating this guy you get teleported to the Ebonheart Pact starter area at Veteran difficulty, and jeeze, my first encounter with two skeletons in a tomb took my health and magika lower than this fight, and lasted nearly as long. Some reward for beating the big baddie!

Finally, a word of warning for people with less than amazing gaming PC. Lower your settings. May frame rates were only 1/3 of what I was getting out on the landscape, being at 12fps made the fight harder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPizRANnzt4&feature=youtu.be