The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why are support needed my info

SaraG
SaraG
I deleted my imperial things by mistake, now i got a answer i think is suspicious.
I have never encounter a support that needs my account info to solve things when i have made a ticket ingame. Would love a answer from someone that works on ESO
so i know it's the real thing.

We'd love to get these items back to you! First, please provide the following details, which are written in your scroll so we can verify your Tamriel citizenship.

Email address associated with account
UserID
Full name
Date of birth
Security Question

This is a reoccurring issue but fear not! The Arch-Mages are addressing it so that adventurers like yourself can explore Tamriel without being inconvenienced by the antics of The Prince of Madness.
Please let us know if you have any other questions. Step lightly in the forest, friend. :]

Warm regards,

Stacey
Protector of Valenwood
The Elder Scrolls Online Team

• odenskbgb16_ESO
    It would nice with a answer, becuase i didn't needed to give that info when i got my stuff restored. Maybe ZOS_JessicaFolsom can give a answer
    Edited by odenskbgb16_ESO on April 10, 2014 10:02AM
    Options
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need this information to verify it's actually you and not someone pretending to be you

I had to answer the same things when customer support queried some deeper stuff in my account. Just make sure the email is legit
    Edited by DaiKahn on April 10, 2014 10:44AM
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also got this canned response and don't trust it. If there is one thing I know about these kind of games and the abysmal state of this game is not to give out information on account. The incompetence displayed so far by these programmers gives me no reassurance that I am actually dealing with ZOS. Right now I can't login w/o going to extraordinary steps to work around ISP address change login failure from poorly written code. I have been sent 10 useless codes and am on a path to refund and forgetting this travesty of a game.
    Options