The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP rewards

• Luculus
    Luculus
    I want Gold and Experience
    I was really surprised I never levelled up in Cyrodiil despite being there for hours - then I started checking how much XP/kill I was getting :expressionless: For a game that's meant to have Cyrodiil as a central/end game, it is very strange that it doesn't allow character progress.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Still no word from ZOS..
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I find it a little bit strange, that a pvp player will never have enough progression in his alchemy/provisioning/whatever skills, its just rubbish to them, because they never find all the mats they need... ok, you can argue with alchemy here...
    and then no chance to lvl half as fast as you could...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    cryadiilexp1_zps648123af.jpg
  • drwookieb14_ESO
    I want Experience, so i don't have to go PVE to level up.
    THey have this massive, well designed PvP structure that appeals to many people, but I know at least in my guild a couple of people are jumping into PvP at level 10, realizing how painful it is to advance their characters, and then they get depressed and upset about the game. They lose potential customers this way.

I feel like they could retain some people if we just had word from them that this wasn't their intent.

If they know its broken and intend to fix it i'd like to hear that. I may stick around waiting on that fix because I think they've built a great pvp experience in Cyrodiil.

So i'm pretty sure a lot of people would stick around for the pvp if there is a fix so that they can play the way they want in regards to PVE/PVP. If they end up fixing this much later. I don't know. Maybe people will come back?

I made a post essentially asking their intentions for Cyrodil way back in beta, after my first beta weekend in like November. It was obviously a problem then (nothing has changed, I had noted back then you get <1% of a level for a keep capture).

I didn't get a Dev response, and the general player response was "it's beta". Nothing has changed.
  • tawok
    tawok
    ✭✭✭
    Reply Generator (More than one allowed):

[ ] Beta is not for {x} !
    [ ] Learn to Play
    [x] Game has only been out for {x}
    [ ] Go back to WoW!
    [ ] Comparison to another MMO
    [ ] You didn't read my post/your reading comprehension sucks
    [ ] I'm having fun, you must be an idiot if you're not
    [ ] Irrelevant Rant/Story
    [ ] I agree!
    [ ] Actual Advice (option disabled)
    Leader of Stand by Your Van

Find me online @Tawok
    On steam at Apocky+Tawok
    Streaming On Twitch
    On the Tube

Hayl: Sword & Board DragonKnight
    Tawok: 2h Aedric Templar
    Hyll: Summer Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    I want Gold and Experience so I don't have to PVE !!

• awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    That's an unanswerable argument. B)
  • Dragos
    Dragos
    The PVP in ESO is one of the biggest disappointments of my gaming life.

I remember when Warhammer Online came out. Level 1 I join a scenario (battleground) and begin leveling and getting equipment and gold. I continued progressing solely through PVP all the way to the level cap and not ONCE did I ever feel like I was gimping myself by skipping PVE entirely.

It's not just about the progression of your character. It's PVP itself. I play mainly healers. Anyone who plays mainly healers, or supports, knows that to truly be a great healer, you must be good at quickly and efficiently analyzing a situation. You need to pay attention not only to your position on the battlefield, but all your allies, their health and status conditions, where the enemies are, how the battle lines are shifting, who needs help now, who will need help shortly, who to sacrifice for the greater good and much much more. I have seen many many many of these battles play out over my years of online PVP, and ESO fails in this regard.

It fails because of one reason: lack of specialization. Yes, you can be a mage, healer, archer, assassin, tank etc in ESO, but not even CLOSE to the extent as specialized classes in other games. I know this is a design decision they went with on purpose, where every class can be anything, but it waters down PVP.

For example, in Warhammer Online, you had unit collision with players, but only if there was a player of the opposing faction nearby (to prevent abuse). This means that tank classes could literally body block for me. It was so awesome the first time I saw a true tank wall. Probably 20 tanks lined up, shields out, marching forwards steadily, popping powerful defensive skills to mitigate the extreme damage from their rdps, healers in back keepin them up, sorcs slowly pushing forward behind the tank wall into attack range. Of course, the other side had their tanks ready for the engage, their healers, their sorcs all in formation. All Witch Hunters and Witch Elves lookin for that opening, that straggler who's a little too far away from his buddies.

For me, it was PVP at its finest. Classes with specialized abilities and traits that allowed them to perform amazingly in the right hands under the right circumstances, along with battles that were strategic and organized. Of course, battles were often much more unorganized than that, but due to the nature of extreme min/maxing that specialized classes create, most people WILL play the role properly, even if not effectively. I don't see ESO as being designed to bring out PVP in the same way Warhammer Online could.

In ESO, it's quite different. Any class can use any armor and be any race. That means when I look at a group of 4 enemies, I can't derive any information except maybe what weapon they're using, IF that. That means we have to engage blindly, and react to what we see, instead of coming up with a quick but effective battle plan to give us the initial advantage in the engagement. I can't see what buffs or debuffs I have on me or my allies. All the information that makes MMO PVP engaging, fun and *IMMERSIVE* is missing from ESO.

Many may disagree, but I believe that in time, these bad design choices will destroy PVP in ESO. I will still continue to play until I feel like I've gotten all the enjoyment out of the game that I can, but my gut tells me it won't be for as long as I was hoping.
  • TheOnix
    TheOnix
    I'm happy with the bare minimum we have now, ill never be 50+
    Dragos wrote: »
    All the information that makes MMO PVP engaging, fun and *IMMERSIVE* is missing from ESO.

Many may disagree, but I believe that in time, these bad design choices will destroy PVP in ESO. I will still continue to play until I feel like I've gotten all the enjoyment out of the game that I can, but my gut tells me it won't be for as long as I was hoping.
    I completely agree, it seems as if they thought by slapping an already-established IP onto the game they can just neglect all of the essentials that other PvP-focused MMOs have added to the genre. The COMPLETE AND UTTER LACK OF INFORMATION about what is going on in PvP clearly indicates that they don't give a damn about PvP, and with the announcement of the "PvE Leaderboards" as the first major content patch, I don't see anyone who likes PvP continuing their sub past the first month.

tl;dr: If you like PvP, you probably won't like this game, and I predict PvP will only really exist on 1 campaign after the first month.
    Edited by TheOnix on April 15, 2014 1:55PM
  • tawok
    tawok
    ✭✭✭
    TheOnix wrote: »

tl;dr: If you like PvP, you probably won't like this game, and I predict PvP will only really exist on 1-2 campaigns after the first month.
    Hate to break it to you, but it really only exists in AB and Wab already. Skull gets going but gets one sided quickly. Every other campaign is 6/6 for the dominant faction.
    Edited by tawok on April 15, 2014 1:51PM
    Leader of Stand by Your Van

Find me online @Tawok
    On steam at Apocky+Tawok
    Streaming On Twitch
    On the Tube

Hayl: Sword & Board DragonKnight
    Tawok: 2h Aedric Templar
    Hyll: Summer Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • TheOnix
    TheOnix
    tawok wrote: »
    TheOnix wrote: »

tl;dr: If you like PvP, you probably won't like this game, and I predict PvP will only really exist on 1-2 campaigns after the first month.
    Hate to break it to you, but it really only exists in AB and Wab already. Skull gets going but gets one sided quickly. Every other campaign is 6/6 for the dominant faction.
    True, at this rate we might as well deem them a PvE zone for the Dominant Faction.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really knee jerked the 20 kill quest into useless oblivion. It's now something you turn in when done PvPing for the day. You don't even think about it.

They should have made it 100 kills that you can turn in once every two hours. It would have solved the problem of speed leveling - and given enough XP and gold for PvP players to grind out levels to 50 - on an equal footing. It would also solve the huge issue of having to grind a whole new set of quests to go up in VR levels - because you just cannot get VR levels from PvP as it is now.

If they switched the kill quest to something that you could turn in once every two hours - and it required loads more kills - then it would be a fair way to compensate PvP players - while not allowing the wide spread abuse it got at the outset of things with people AFK'ing in a keep being defended in a large group - blood gating to turn in then rolling back out to the keep for more free XP.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »
    Poll seems a little biased to me.
    You already get gold and experience from PvP.

I would highly advise all players to not level through pvp.
    The reason? Skillpoints.

The skyshards and quests you complete in your Alliance zone have a dramatic impact on the development of your character. Going for more than 3-5 levels in Cyrodiil will push you past content that is absolutely vital to making your character as effective as possible.

Making Cyrodiil the best way to gain experience in the game would render the Alliance zones, and the story of the game, pointless.
    Do you really want an Elder Scrolls game where people ignore the story?

While I'm not disagreeing with your main point, there are times where you get bored with the grind and or miss some minor quests early on (due to quest bugs ect)... it would be nice that you could Go PVP for a while and actually make some headway with the leveling too. It sucks that when you take a night to PVP you end up gaining nothing in the way of XP or Gold.
    James Dalton - Nord Dragonknight

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

• apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want Experience, it's great now that quest is a daily.
    FULL LOOT
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    apterous wrote: »
    FULL LOOT
    lol wut?
    Did you mean to say "Fool Loot" ?
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Repost, as this thread is better suited, for ideas on PvP rewards, more specifically XP and leveling:

Flipping objectives proved to be a bad idea in all the other MMOs that had RvR, because people simply stop defending and go in circles taking each other's objectives. You could get "some" XP for that, but it should be minimal imho.

Defending objectives on the other hand could be rewarded better. For example getting a regular XP tick while defending objectives that are being attacked.

But the main source of XP should come from killing players and assisting on kills. So not just being in the same group, as is the current system, but actually rewarding doing damage, taking damage for tanks, and healing people who do/take damage that get kills. Basically getting XP for kill contribution.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    You do get exp from killing players.
    But majority of the time its split really badly among everyone in your party.
    You get like 2% even though it says 90%.
  • r.ridenbaugh_ESO
    r.ridenbaugh_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Poll is a tad biased imo..
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Poll is a tad biased imo..
    Do you even PVP?
  • Comet201
    Comet201
    ✭✭
    need a 5th option, I would like to see unique armor sets that require AP to buy, give pvper's something unique to strive for, I've only seen the random unidentified gear from vendors thus far, so maybe I'm just not looking in the right place (Cyrodiil is quite large after all) you could even have lower level variants every 5-10 levels
    Character: Aeries, v14 DK DC
    Guilds: No Mercy, Lion Guard
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, rewards in general.
    I would assume if ZOS started doing something with Cyradiil, in an effort to boost rewards they would look into gear and items.

But im mostly interested in ZOS taking an interest in upgrading the EXP gains.
  • Ramanadjinn
    Ramanadjinn
    ✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    But im mostly interested in ZOS taking an interest in upgrading the EXP gains.

Same. That is what is hurting the game most imo as far as PVP goes.

There are a lot of downsides detrimental to the health of the game tied in with this.

When you consider the very linear questing in the game and the way we are forced to either grind mobs or do every single quest/dungeon to get our XP or we will fall short it creates an interesting dilemma.

Those of us who like playing alts are forced to do the same content again that whether or not we found entertaining the first time is inevitably going to be dull the 2nd, 3rd, or fouth time through.

This could be alleviated somewhat if instead of doing say, Glenumbra followed by Stormhaven on two characters I could PVP through one or half of these zones and do that content on my alt and pvp for the other half.

Roll a different faction some might say?

That is great if i'm not really a PVP player, but as PVP player i'm in a long standing PVP oriented guild and we do in fact put a lot into our organization and i'm not going to leave them just so I can level up a different faction.

Not to mention, I haven't gotten to any VR content but don't we do all the zones anyways? I don't really know as I pvp and am nowhere near a Veteran Rank.

So what I think will happen is a lot of people will just flat out leave here in the first month when they see Zenimax isn't really supporting their playstyle (PVP) followed by more later when they have done all the PVE and realize they have to do it all again (or more) exactly as before if they want a second (or heaven forbid a 3rd and 4th) character and there is simply no alternative way to advance those characters.

TL;DR - Get your crap together Zenimax and at least address this issue on the forums and let us know what your stance is. This is practically a progress halting issue, lets treat it like one.
    Edited by Ramanadjinn on April 16, 2014 2:53AM
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much, yeah.

You can't take a break from leveling up in PVE.
    Because that is the only real option to get satisfactory gains.

People who get to level 45 and run out of quests, generally grind to 50 in the same day.
    You can't do that in Cyradiil.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    quest for 20 player kills because people were getting to level 50+ off it in no time, i would say that PvP is fine the way it is, reward wise.

People AOE grinded PVE mobs and reached level 50 within 20hrs of the game being live, FACT.
    I have friends that have only been PvP'ing since lvl10, and they are content with it, and other who have not played PvP at all and just don't care for it, but i don't think you should "reward" one type of player over the other, as i see it, you can get almost if not exactly the same amount of Xp from PvP as you can in PvE (Checked with some guildies with their /played)

So because your small group of friends are content with it, that means that the rest of the PvP community is too? And there is NO way that you can earn the same amount of XP in PvP compared to the same amount of time invested in PvE.
    On the topic of Getting almost no Gold from PvP, I still think its perfectly fine the way it is. You get alliance points and the Alliance funds so you can buy PvP related gear, but not a lot of gold, since you don't use hardly any anyway. However PvE players get lots more gold and no Alliance points/funds, even though technically through the various quests they ARE assisting their alliance. PvE players need the gold for things like bag space, bank space, Repairs, and such like that, PvP gold isn't a Necessity since you don't lose durability from PvP related deaths.

How is it balanced when you can get 50k+ gold from pve in less than 5 days vs PvP where you rarely get any gold at all?? Yes alliance points allow you to buy siege equipment....but would about all the other things gold buys? Like mounts, potions, foods, crafting supplies?? And ZOS specifically said that they would be supporting leveling in PvP, which is all but impossible to do(at least at even near the same rate as PvE), when compared to PvE?
    "What about people who collect resources from the battlefield and go questing in Cyrodiil?" If this is what you do, then technically you are playing PvE with occasional PvP aspects (basically Minecraft if you think about it) Yes you are on the PvP map, and yes you can get ambushed by players, but if you are just there for resources and quests then you likely have been playing PvE for a while and already have the bank spaces and such. If you Strictly play PvP then the 60 bag/bank spaces should be enough to compensate.

I honestly cant think of uses for gold in PvP other than that, Let me know if i'm wrong though ;P

As I said above, potions, food, armor, weapons. The random mails you get with either a piece of armor or a weapon are usually crap and not what you are currently using. Now, if they tailored this to be specific to the current profession you are playing AND the weapon you are focusing on, then that would be different. But, as it is right now, that is not the case.
    Edited by Cydone on April 16, 2014 8:30AM
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    cryadiilexp1_zps648123af.jpg

Cyrodiil*

86nas.jpg

Edited by Cydone on April 16, 2014 2:10PM
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poll options are really really bad. You get XP and gold already, so three of the options barely make sense. You connected "I like the quests being daily" with another option, meaning only people who agree with both can choose that option when it's very possible that some people agree with one or the other. You also forced people to only choose the last option if they were also willing to admit that they were so casual that they don't plan to ever even get to max level, when it's perfectly reasonable to assume that players who want the rewards to remain as is may even be hardcore players.

I will most definitely reach VR10, though I feel strongly that rewards should not be changed.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poll options are really really bad. You get XP and gold already, so three of the options barely make sense. You connected "I like the quests being daily" with another option, meaning only people who agree with both can choose that option when it's very possible that some people agree with one or the other. You also forced people to only choose the last option if they were also willing to admit that they were so casual that they don't plan to ever even get to max level, when it's perfectly reasonable to assume that players who want the rewards to remain as is may even be hardcore players.

I will most definitely reach VR10, though I feel strongly that rewards should not be changed.

Why should questing in PvE offer drastically better rewards than trying to level in PvP? Even before the repeatable kill 20 player quest was nerfed, it still wasn't on par with PvE, so taking it out made no sense at all. That quest, pre-nerf, was the only thing keeping the leveling experience in PvP even remotely close to that of PvE.

Why should leveling in PvP be similar or close to on par with leveling in PvE you ask?? Well, because ZOS specifically said that would be supporting this and trying to keep the leveling experience similar. Which they pretty much completely turned face on less than a week into the games release.

Edited by Cydone on April 17, 2014 12:31PM
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    @Cydone
    D/W about what @joshisanonymous wrote.
    His whole first paragraph is a contradiction and probably trolling, it may even be a 2nd account of someone else.

He picked on the choices, gave no reason that could be understood in english, unless he just didn't type out his reason, it looks like he was going somewhere with it, but he went sideways with everything he said.

He didn't vote, he doesn't PVP, he seems to be angry toward admitting he's a casual.
    He couldn't associate a few things in the vote choices together, which right away shows me he doesn't PVP, and if he thought differently.. he didn't express how, so you can pretty much assume his post is troll.

• NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At LEAST let me us increase Vet Rank through PvP, since its supposedly "end game content."

How is it end game if I can't progress my endgame character?
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU