The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP rewards

awkwarrd
awkwarrd
✭✭✭
Do you want them?
Edited by awkwarrd on April 9, 2014 9:29PM

PVP rewards 573 votes

I want Experience, so i don't have to go PVE to level up.
36%
cloudsoraSupersomethingCarmagHelspyreAlomar345zac_ESOdarkwolf469imowen70_ESOxhilenoShadowViperGRYFFNDR_ESOjamesmw_ESOEgdodUtherixFreshmango55PrincessBbyCakezfrwinters_ESOGravityX19TeargrantsGeeYouWhy 211 votes
I don't want Experience, it's great now that quest is a daily.
11%
Terminuslimeli8dkp1998cj.linkb14_ESOexplicitdeedsb14_ESOJade_Knightblazerb14_ESOXemosKronzscy22b14_ESOMonsteinCaptainkrunch96ElVincenzoericwende5b16_ESOUnydominik.wrightb16_ESOsylkwyrmamhansen79b16_ESOVegarothEMacedo72ub17_ESOHodorius 65 votes
I want Gold and Experience
46%
JimmyFGenevRanarkMuffinmanMedwinBeNashtyAffrayerFreakKillgarIzzbanBwaite43tannisgordonvizionblind_ESOsmercgames_ESOBeastMarsammVeltossNekOnOkOIronblazeEnndr 265 votes
I'm happy with the bare minimum we have now, ill never be 50+
5%
dahl.lucas_ESOKewljag_66_ESOLaurapjtjr_ESOr.ridenbaugh_ESOjolith07b14_ESOkrees28b14_ESOAlurriamoXroxMalediktusTahemEltharasstevenyaub16_ESOArreyanneNeutronium_Dragonetelameren_turjakeRev RielleChomppaQwickkillHogus 32 votes
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I want Gold and Experience so I don't have to PVE !!
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like the satisfaction of killing someone I would also like to get some exp or gold to make me rich.

While not a real feasible option or a smart one, still nice to dream right?
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i dont PvP much , i think people should have the choice to do so and get rewarded.

But i hope the devs balance it , so that neither PvP nor PvE get the clear uper hand when it comes to gathering gold/exp.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    So i spent my week doing PVE, recording the Experience i got on average.

Then i started to do some PVP, first chance i have had since "that patch".

And right away i noticed i was getting basically nothing.
    I got a random mail every now and then that had "1 piece of gear" that would be my characters level.
    It was like a cookie.. but a cookie i didn't want, it was always a piece i wasn't interested in.

I did my daily quest pretty much within the first 30minutes of playing, and that was basically the best and most noticed reward i got.
    You can't really tell if you get anything out of PVP, other than bloody satisfaction.

Man i loved that quest, it was the only thing that gave PVP a chance at being competitive to the PVE in regards to leveling.
    -pretty sure i saw a zenimax video about being able to level 10-50.
    -not in this current state.

So now that we can't be rewarded for killing enemies..
    -We can't loot the dead.. no "ear-dogtag-necklaces-of-recovery"
    The rewards we do get, are a random chance bag, we don't need anymore games out there that think "RNG loot is Great", asif Diablo3-Skyrim was a thing.

I noticed those bags were on the vendors.. i would not waste my AP to gamble on that, is probably going to be crap, and multiples of the same type of crap, you might get the same piece of crap 100% of the time, who knows.

Not many real choices in the character development in Cyrodiil, it's just a gamble, but you can gamble on specific crap like light-crap/medium-crap/heavy-crap, personally i like to get a choice on reward, like if the box opened up 3 choices to pick from, instead of "blop-here-it-is"
    Choices.. kinda like how i chose to buy the game, and how i chose to subscribe, and how i chose to come to Cyrodiil to get no choice in anything other than how i want to die fighting.(mostly screaming while kicking)

The 4 quests are basically 2 quests, because the rewards are horrible, you can't see the rewards until you complete them, which i did, and they were a small chunk of Exp/Gold/AP, add them all together and you basically get the rewards for the "now daily" killing quest.
    The quests, other than the daily was a waste of time, i thought those quest boards was going to be awesome, but i was wrong.

In my battles i suffered maaaany weird things, like:
    • Specific spots on the map that would dismount me.
    • Lag at siege's
    • Unknown Error, which usually came right after a huge lag spike.
    • Crashes, and mid fight crashes, the most annoying, did not enjoy running back once i got back on.
    • Long loading screen, long enough for me to alt+f4 and restart.
    • Needing to enter a PVE dungeon within Cyradiil for skyshards.
    • Framerate drop when people joined your raid group.

AND OMFG MOUNTS...
    WHY.... why is a thing i can use anywhere at anytime, suddenly.. in pvp.. become a "not right now your in combat" ?????
    • If someone attacks me while im on it, im basically stunned for 2-3 seconds.. so why does it matter if i can mount up while in combat?
    • If i spent all my time in PVP, saved up all my gold then bought a horse, just to get troubled with this every time i wanted to fight something i would go mad, you only end up walking a little bit less.
    • If immersion was a thing for PVP, this 1 thing destroys it, because a horse is a must in Cyrodiil, and putting an unnecessary restriction on it is not a good idea, to put it politely.

Not to mention the invisible random timer that won't let me mount for almost 10 minutes after i killed an enemy or an npc guarding a farm..

With what feels like forever when traveling across the lands of Cyradiil.. why would there be restrictions to the only form of travel we have, this is men and women fighting tooth and nail for life and death.. yet we can't hop on our horse whenever we want, coz i plunked an arrow into that dudes chest, so now i gota walk until the mount restriction timer decides its time my horse is ready.

TL:DR
    I think the PVPers should be getting more than what is currently offered to them as rewards.

Or atleast make the PVPers feel like they have a voice in what they want to be rewarded with, like changes to that kill quest, instead of a stupid daily.. srsly..

The comparison between PVE and PVP in regards to Experience and leveling up, is HUGE, PVE wins no question.

I know i know.. killing other people in a game is it's own reward, but i went from PVE to PVP, and noticed:
    • I would never be able to afford a horse from PVP.
    • PVP crafting is not a thing.
    • The other PVP quest rewards are garbage.
    • Slaughterfish give you repair-bills, and an achievement.
    • Combat prohibits the use of your own horse.

~p.s. sorry, i did intend for this post to come right after i made the poll, but i got distracted, but don't worry.. i won and i assume he's on foot running back.

Ack this post is long, if you made it this far and didn't skip to the tl:dr, have a cookie.
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poll seems a little biased to me.
    You already get gold and experience from PvP.

I would highly advise all players to not level through pvp.
    The reason? Skillpoints.

The skyshards and quests you complete in your Alliance zone have a dramatic impact on the development of your character. Going for more than 3-5 levels in Cyrodiil will push you past content that is absolutely vital to making your character as effective as possible.

Making Cyrodiil the best way to gain experience in the game would render the Alliance zones, and the story of the game, pointless.
    Do you really want an Elder Scrolls game where people ignore the story?
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »
    Poll seems a little biased to me.
    You already get gold and experience from PvP.
    Yes that is correct.
    Would you like to know how much?
    Very little in comparison to PVE, fact.
    I would highly advise all players to not level through pvp.
    The reason? Skillpoints.
    I agree, because PVE is way better at getting EXP and REWARDS than Cyradiil.
    Skillpoints are necessary yes, but there is nothing stopping PVP people from quickly running around and collecting all the skyshards.
    They actually have to, forced into doing it you might say.
    The skyshards and quests you complete in your Alliance zone have a dramatic impact on the development of your character. Going for more than 3-5 levels in Cyrodiil will push you past content that is absolutely vital to making your character as effective as possible.
    Not really, the only impact it would make is with the "Main Quest" storyline, and those play out 1 after the other, you won't miss any or skip any, and all the quests are still there to do, and will play out asif you were a new player, the loot however will be worthless, and that is the only thing that will be different.
    Making Cyrodiil the best way to gain experience in the game would render the Alliance zones, and the story of the game, pointless.
    Do you really want an Elder Scrolls game where people ignore the story?
    You say "Best" when im just looking for a middle ground where both PVE and PVP are equal and prefering one over the other would have little impact in the "rewards" rather than storyline that people in PVP would give you the middle finger if you tried to tell them about.

Right now you can group grind aoe mobs to power level in PVE, there are many ways to gain massive amounts of experience in PVE.
    There are no ways you can do that in PVP, there was one quest that was kinda like that, but it's gone and now there is nothing.
    How boring is something like that to a PVPer? in PVP its kill or be killed to get your EXP and Loot.

Yes to your question, if there was the choice to make, and people were able to make it, which would allow both PVE and PVP to be equal in enjoyment and rewards in all aspects, then yes.

PVP people, who strictly pvp, would ONLY do quests and be in the PVE world to get skyshards and skillpoints, and right now they are forced to PVE to be able to buy a horse and level up efficiently.

What you are basically saying is that PVE is the better option, and should be the better option, the people who enjoy and prefer PVP should not have a say or be heard and should be out killing npc's instead.
    The Emperor Title means nothing, all things PVP are dumb.
    Is this what you are getting at? coz you know.. storyline.. ;)
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are too easy...you want everything now.
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    moXrox wrote: »
    You guys are too easy...you want everything now.
    5 days in PVE for me to buy a horse. (42,700 gold)
    Im not sure how many months it would take to achieve that in PVP.

7 days in PVE for me to reach level 50.
    Im not sure how many months it would take to achieve that in PVP.

Everything?
    I have everything i need so far. (gained from PVE)

If i tried to gain all the gold and experience i got from PVE, in Cyradiil, i think there would be atleast a 6month gap in rewarding gains.
    There is a clearly large gap in the rewards in PVP if you compare them to PVE.

Edited by awkwarrd on April 10, 2014 12:28AM
  • Sojan
    Sojan
    ✭✭
    Talk about "slippery slopes." Polls are subjective, merely by the questions one asks or does not ask.

Again, the game is only five days old. Roman was not built in a day, likewise, this MMO will not be flawless upon release. Game on!
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Considering they had to NERF the pvp quest for 20 player kills because people were getting to level 50+ off it in no time, i would say that PvP is fine the way it is, reward wise.

I have friends that have only been PvP'ing since lvl10, and they are content with it, and other who have not played PvP at all and just don't care for it, but i don't think you should "reward" one type of player over the other, as i see it, you can get almost if not exactly the same amount of Xp from PvP as you can in PvE (Checked with some guildies with their /played)

On the topic of Getting almost no Gold from PvP, I still think its perfectly fine the way it is. You get alliance points and the Alliance funds so you can buy PvP related gear, but not a lot of gold, since you don't use hardly any anyway. However PvE players get lots more gold and no Alliance points/funds, even though technically through the various quests they ARE assisting their alliance. PvE players need the gold for things like bag space, bank space, Repairs, and such like that, PvP gold isn't a Necessity since you don't lose durability from PvP related deaths.

"What about people who collect resources from the battlefield and go questing in Cyrodiil?" If this is what you do, then technically you are playing PvE with occasional PvP aspects (basically Minecraft if you think about it) Yes you are on the PvP map, and yes you can get ambushed by players, but if you are just there for resources and quests then you likely have been playing PvE for a while and already have the bank spaces and such. If you Strictly play PvP then the 60 bag/bank spaces should be enough to compensate.

I honestly cant think of uses for gold in PvP other than that, Let me know if i'm wrong though ;P
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Sojan wrote: »
    Talk about "slippery slopes." Polls are subjective, merely by the questions one asks or does not ask.

Again, the game is only five days old. Roman was not built in a day, likewise, this MMO will not be flawless upon release. Game on!
    Roman? Rome?
    You know that place is dead and ruins now right?

Yes i understand that the game is in infant stages, but without feedback the DEV's might not see issues, and the communication from them via anything not of a "maintenance or subscription problem" is generally not voiced to the players.

Something like "we are looking into the rewards and experience gain in PVP" just to show people that they are actively doing something would be great.
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    Considering they had to NERF the pvp quest for 20 player kills because people were getting to level 50+ off it in no time, i would say that PvP is fine the way it is, reward wise.
    17 hours that's all it took for the PVE people to get to 50 via dungeon farming.
    3 days, that is all it took, for the same people to get to veteran level 10 via grinding exp.

Regardless of the Quest being abused over and over, there is still no way you would be able to get that kind of experience and rewards in PVP.

Everyone knows that quest was easy, and people asked for it to have the amount of kills increased.. not nerfed into the ground.
    I have friends that have only been PvP'ing since lvl10, and they are content with it, and other who have not played PvP at all and just don't care for it, but i don't think you should "reward" one type of player over the other, as i see it, you can get almost if not exactly the same amount of Xp from PvP as you can in PvE (Checked with some guildies with their /played)
    I disagree.
    You cannot get exactly the same amount of EXP from PVP that you can from PVE.
    There are people who are going from level 25-50 within 2 days.
    You CANNOT do that in PVP.
    Checking with any form of social media will show you that PVE experience and rewards far out-weigh the PVP.
    On the topic of Getting almost no Gold from PvP, I still think its perfectly fine the way it is. You get alliance points and the Alliance funds so you can buy PvP related gear, but not a lot of gold, since you don't use hardly any anyway. However PvE players get lots more gold and no Alliance points/funds, even though technically through the various quests they ARE assisting their alliance. PvE players need the gold for things like bag space, bank space, Repairs, and such like that, PvP gold isn't a Necessity since you don't lose durability from PvP related deaths.
    You didn't mention anything about being able to afford a Mount.
    You didn't mention anything about buying Grand Soul Gems.
    Not being able to purchase either of these is perfectly fine right?

"What about people who collect resources from the battlefield and go questing in Cyrodiil?" If this is what you do, then technically you are playing PvE with occasional PvP aspects (basically Minecraft if you think about it) Yes you are on the PvP map, and yes you can get ambushed by players, but if you are just there for resources and quests then you likely have been playing PvE for a while and already have the bank spaces and such. If you Strictly play PvP then the 60 bag/bank spaces should be enough to compensate.

I honestly cant think of uses for gold in PvP other than that, Let me know if i'm wrong though ;P
    Mounts and Grand Soul Gems, im pretty sure you knew you were wrong.

Resources as in the craftable materials? idk why they are there.

Well the only way to compensate the extremely small experience/gold from PVP by the looks for the DEV's, was to add quests.
    Regardless of what options and objectives you are able to utilize in Cyradiil, it is still far less rewarding than PVE.
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭

Can you please stop spreading this blatant lie that has been circulating these forums. No one reached level 50 by abusing this quest. Even abused, the leveling was slower than with PvE.

All chars that reached 50 within the first few days did it with PvE grinding. Please do some google searches for yourself if you are not convinced.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More gold, the cost of repair is far above what i make during PvP.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    More gold, the cost of repair is far above what i make during PvP.
    You don't take Durability damage while in Cyradiil, unless you die by the PVE monsters and Slaughterfish.

But that is another point, a DEV said you can jump from PVP to PVE and not be gimped.
    But you may end up with a larger repair bill than you can afford, because PVP does not give you the same quantity of gold that PVE does, and the dungeon or whatever you're doing, might just be enough or not enough to cover the repairs.
  • Ramanadjinn
    Ramanadjinn
    ✭✭
    At my level capturing a keep awards 86 experience.
    Killing an even level mob in PVE awards about 80 experience. I get a little less for guards in PVP.

(My numbers aren't exact as I don't remember my exact XP to next level)
    I will need to capture 200 keeps or resource points to gain 1 level.

If you add in that I kill roughly 6 NPCs per keep taken that lowers the amount of keeps I have to capture drastically to maybe 40-50 keeps.

Doing my dailies got me 1/3 of a level though. So 1/3 of those keeps can go away on the first level leaving just 30 keeps to capture for the first level each day.

How many keeps on average will I capture in one day? If the answer is 75 I can gain 2 levels a day! If I want to see the sort of XP I see in PVE I need to get more like 300-400 keeps in a night. That is not easy.

How many keeps do you guys usually take in a night? So far i'll usually get 5 or 6 on a good night and on the more prolonged battles where we get entrenched i'll only see a couple change over in a night where I am present.
    Edited by Ramanadjinn on April 10, 2014 12:59PM
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    spent days pvping, got crap for exp. got some gold and some loot. had fun. had alot of time riding back to the action. Now if I had spent that time pveing and exploiting farming for gold I would have gained a ton of levels, more skill points, a ton of gold to buy the fastest horse and worked some crafting levels.

in short.. why on earth am i going to go back to pvp other than the odd amusement factor?
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    So i managed 6 hours of game time today.
    Went back to PVE, because i was crashing way too much in Cyradiil.
    Even after disabling all my addons, was still crashing.

PVE:
    In this time i managed to get 400,000 veteran points (42%), basically half a level.
    I made 20k gold profit at the end of this run, and got some new gear.
    I spent 13k of that gold to refund 130 skillpoints, because i wanted to and i could.

PVP:
    If i skip back a day to when i spent over 6 hours in Cyradiil, to only gain 82,909 veteran points (11%)
    I made 800gold (sold all gear, the box rng gear and handed in all the quests) and got no new gear.
    I put up with multiple issues that i mentioned in my first post in this thread.

Im not making this up.
    The rewards in pvp are lousy currently and it sux.
    Anything you gain in PVP is so insignificant when you can gain 10x more than that in half the time in PVE.. literally..
    I feel for people who like to only pvp and subscribe to pvp and only get quest nerfs, AP and client problems.

There are people who have commented in this thread, who don't even pvp, they are all "i think this" and "i think that" and don't even have first-hand knowledge of it, it's "someone told me" or "a guild mate told me", they leave nothing but objections that they can't even backup with personal experience and the reasoning behind it is false information that they believed because they actually don't know, meanwhile.. im giving out facts and numbers on timescales and actually participating to see it for myself.
    IDC if they don't believe what i say, they don't pvp so what does it matter when this is a pvp thread in a pvp forum.

Not sure why Zenimax would listen to PVE people.. about PVP.. but you never know.

I throw my hands up and ask, please.. can a ZOS person please comment, any kind of hopeful message about future plans for Cyradiil, anything will do.
    Edited by awkwarrd on April 10, 2014 5:34PM
  • Ackure
    Ackure
    Soul Shriven
    I did 5 days of pvping from lvl 13 to lvl 16 Gaining around 180k alliance points and easily becoming in the top 50 to emperor leaderboards. Despite all this and the hours I Put in I gained very little physical xp. I didn't want to skips storyline per say but I wanted something to do whilst a friend couldn't properly sub their game. I Suppose the problem was My gear was ultimately just worse and my consumables were also the same and no real pvp guild would take me because I was low level. I buy a lot of tents/siege weapons/heal. Little sad that I don't seem to gain anything significant from using tents in terms of alliance points or rewards.

Once I got out of pvp I had all this unstackable pvp gear that pain to deal with considering the limited inventory space. Especially since things like mercs or oils were unstackable. I spent some gold to get cheap pvp items but I stopped doing it after a while since my 5 days of pvp didn't earn me any real gold. I did get quite a lot of greens which kept my gear up to date and my crafting buzzing along happily. The fact that you can horde alliance points for your own decent gear makes spending it on pvp weapons a bit awkward in the long run.

I think possibly rather then earn gold or xp I'd probably like to see more progression in the pvp exclusive talent tree's

We've got assault and support why not engineering for upgrading siege weapons etc.

When I say why not. I know all things take time but its nice to theory craft.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Any ZOS people want to comment on the state of Cyradiil at the moment? and or the future plans?
  • tawok
    tawok
    ✭✭✭
    Sojan wrote: »

Cousin! Want to go bowling?

The skyshards and quests you complete in your Alliance zone have a dramatic impact on the development of your character.
    They aren't really that large of an impact. Based on my guild, the grand majority of players leaving Khanarthi's roost have less than 2 of the 6 sky shards. The ones leaving Auridon barely have 7/16. That's only -3- skill points they'd miss, if they were able to hypothetically level 3-15 from PVP alone. And besides, it takes less than an hour to clear a zone of skyshards with a map, especially when you vastly out level it. Get a better excuse.

Some people ONLY want to PVP. *** them, right?

They should absolutely be able to level from 10-50 in PVP, if that's their prerogative. They shouldn't have to stop PVPing for anything if that's their play style. We expected this kind of flexibility from the MMO that seeks to topple the great one.
    Leader of Stand by Your Van

Find me online @Tawok
    On steam at Apocky+Tawok
    Streaming On Twitch
    On the Tube

Hayl: Sword & Board DragonKnight
    Tawok: 2h Aedric Templar
    Hyll: Summer Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, the PvP system rewards is the worst system that I ever seen, TESO needs a reward system like Warhammer Online, maybe the best reward system ever, with ranks (with their armors), piece armors, droping gold, XP, RvRXP and
    trophies to exchange for armors.

Bethesda, please, make this AvA more interesting, now the people needs content and progressive objectives.
  • NicoleOnyxheart
    i personally HAVE played PvP and frankly think that it's good as is, except that the experience portion should be removed from the AvA quests and have it be JUST gold and alliance points, also the kill quest should be reinstated as repeatable with that change of the exp being removed.

if you want to get loot and gold...go do one of the many dungeons in the PvP map

unless you think it's too denigrating for an elite PvPer to stoop to killing npc mobs to do their leveling and make their money just like most other people do.

seriously, all i see is a bunch of people who whine about one aspect of the game not being the same as the other. get over yourselves, play the ENTIRE game (not just one part) and have fun, don't obsess cause the company doesn't cater to your whims. they're not here to provide you with enjoyment, simple fact is they're here to make money on their game, player pleasure and satisfaction is a byproduct of this. even if it's a byproduct they tend to nuture, after all, as long as the majority (emphasis on majority there, which the PvE crowd almost always tends to be in an MMORPG) is entertained it increases their likelihood to spend their money.

in short, don't expect ZOS to change the game to suit you. If they do, great, but don't rail about it when it doesn't happen. gotta remember all of us are but a few people in hundred of thousands, if not millions of players
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    In short:
    I think the comment above me just made a better example of why getting more Gold and Exp from Cyradiil is necessary.

In PVP he said, go kill NPC's in dungeons he said.
    Logic Bomb.
  • Ramanadjinn
    Ramanadjinn
    ✭✭
    don't obsess cause the company doesn't cater to your whims. they're not here to provide you with enjoyment, simple fact is they're here to make money on their game

I wonder how they make money on their game. I wonder if it could possibly have anything to do with us having fun.

<edited because my previous post was possibly unclear>

Just try to point out where i'm wrong here.

With XP in PVP people will be able to play the game doing what they enjoy whether they want to pvp or pve.

you contend if they have no XP in pvp that will force people to PVE. The problem is it doesn't actually do that. Those people still have the choice to not PVE and they can exercise that choice by not playing. There is no way to get people to enjoy something if they don't enjoy it. And there are enough incentives for those who enjoy PVE to do it without creating this sort of forced "one way to play the game" type of situation.

People aren't going to stop playing the game because they went into pvp and got a level or two. The world just doesn't work that way. They will stop if they can't do what they find fun and see progression though.

Not to mention with no XP there are just flat out fewer people in the zone together having a social experience PVPing with one another.

My way is objectively better than yours.

XP in PvP objectively makes the game a better game and no XP objectively makes the game a worse product. Please counter that argument directly.

Edited by Ramanadjinn on April 12, 2014 10:37PM
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    XP/min should be the same in pvp and pve, giving people a real choice.

If xp/min is easier to get in pve, the devs are telling us "we want you to go through the stories we created!" And leveling becomes a grind for those interested mainly in pvp.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the same.

But i would like there to be atleast a competitive comparison between the PVP gains and PVE.
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    As of right now , getting to play in Cyrodiil without the endless loading screen , crashing , and endless other bugs is rewarding enough .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • drwookieb14_ESO
    This reminds me of the first 6+ months of GW2, except GW2 rewards for PvP was FAR FAR FAR better than this (you could actually level to max at a halfway decent pace, albeit still slower than PvE, from the start).

The fact that you gain XP at all in PVP right now is honestly just a joke. It's like they are poking fun at us. ~100 XP for an ENTIRE KEEP? When we get close to that killing a single mob in PvE? I can't interpret that any other way than some sort of inside joke among the developers.

Like others, I don't even care about being equal to PvE grinding. I would gladly take even half the speed. THey have this massive, well designed PvP structure that appeals to many people, but I know at least in my guild a couple of people are jumping into PvP at level 10, realizing how painful it is to advance their characters, and then they get depressed and upset about the game. They lose potential customers this way.

The PvE game is great, I give them that. However, their PvP environment is designed in such a way that they could attract many dedicated Pvp players....that is hard to do when they have to grind to level 50 in PvE before being half-way competitive.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    GW2 had a glitch in the WvW at start, where the mobs would grant you the maximum exp from killing the npc's, it wouldn't scale with your characters real level, because you were scaled up.
    So people were getting all their characters to max in no time.

ESO on the other hand is reverse.
    People could get to max level in no time in PVE just by running dungeons, the exp in the dungeons was extremely over the top, so just farming them was a sure easy win to 50, while PVP had it's only good quest turned into a wow daily.

Moral of the story,
    People will find ways to exploit.
    Things that are fun and good for the game could be considered an exploit.
    Nerfs are easier than solutions, they are never the same thing.
  • Ramanadjinn
    Ramanadjinn
    ✭✭
    THey have this massive, well designed PvP structure that appeals to many people, but I know at least in my guild a couple of people are jumping into PvP at level 10, realizing how painful it is to advance their characters, and then they get depressed and upset about the game. They lose potential customers this way.

I feel like they could retain some people if we just had word from them that this wasn't their intent.

If they know its broken and intend to fix it i'd like to hear that. I may stick around waiting on that fix because I think they've built a great pvp experience in Cyrodiil.

So i'm pretty sure a lot of people would stick around for the pvp if there is a fix so that they can play the way they want in regards to PVE/PVP. If they end up fixing this much later. I don't know. Maybe people will come back?

Edited by Ramanadjinn on April 14, 2014 8:09AM