Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bots teleporting at gathering nodes.

t.freixesneb18_ESO
Well, saw one yesterday and I have seen two in the last our.

As the title say, there are already people (with names like qwerqwr ) teleporting to gathering nodes. They appear from nowhere, collect, and disappear to the next node.

Couldn't find an option to reports these players (only found harassment report) so if there is a way, and I missed it, can someone tell me how can I report them?.

Thanks.
  • metaldrummer1962b14a_ESO
    I believe the F1 key brings up a report player menu
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do the harassment report. If they allow you a descriptive text field, enter in what they were doing.
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a report cheating but can't remember how to get to it I'm not at home at the moment.
  • t.freixesneb18_ESO
    Thanks, will try with the harassment one.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    It's sad to see this. FF14 had this problem literally out of the gate.

Of course, since there's no AH, makes me wonder what the purpose is for them doing this besides stealing materials from honest players.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course, since there's no AH, makes me wonder what the purpose is for them doing this besides stealing materials from honest players.

They probably just join random guilds and sell their stuff on there, nobody I think would notice because of so many people in the guilds.

Especially those "trade guilds" so many people posting and selling don't think anybody will notice them.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    This must be the fifth thread in an hour I see popping up. A long discussion on the matter has been going on for a few pages already.

Warning : Teleporting bots are back!
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the title say, there are already people (with names like qwerqwr ) teleporting to gathering nodes.

So my name I wanted got taken by a gold farmer??!!!
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »

They probably just join random guilds and sell their stuff on there, nobody I think would notice because of so many people in the guilds.

Especially those "trade guilds" so many people posting and selling don't think anybody will notice them.

This is one of the benefits of having a 500 person max on guilds. The maxed out trade guilds can begin to do at least minimal monitoring of who joins.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭

They might.. I dunno how long they'd last though. My trading guilds so far are being kind of strict with gold sellers and such. We kicked a guy the other day who had a perfectly normal name but asked if anyone was looking to buy gold in guild chat.. and then started throwing insults at people when his question wasn't well received. I've also seen one guy with a random letter name asdfwer or something like that, trying to find a trade guild.. but no one would invite him. Feel bad if he was a legit player.. but somehow I doubt he was.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this. The trade guilds are going to be a safe haven for these types. AH would be as well of course but the "have to join a guild to sell stuff in a store " restriction is not going to stop the gold farmer nonsense.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »

This is one of the benefits of having a 500 person max on guilds. The maxed out trade guilds can begin to do at least minimal monitoring of who joins.

Hilarious !!!! I sure am not going to monitor what 500 people do as I would rather just play the game.

I guess that is what those guild leaders will be doing !