Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

WW Broken and lackluster.

Teroh
Teroh
✭✭✭
Recently became a WW thinking it would add to my gameplay experience but what I found was a buggy and weak playstyle.

Few things that are wrong with WW

1) You can not break out of CC as a WW. This makes WW useless in PVP and PVE.
2) Its buggy as heck, cast pounce and then move into close and enjoy being unable to attack until the transformation is over
3) 30ish seconds of WW for 900+ ultimate?? really...
4) Heavy attacks do as much as my 1handed sword and shield at 1200 stamina.
5) Two abilites? neither which do much damage.
6) no way to heal outside of potions. I cant cast a spell as a WW but I can pop the cap on a health pot....

Only reason I havent dropped WW is so I can sell my bite , but after that its gone as its not worth it.

Edited by Teroh on April 9, 2014 12:16PM
The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teroh wrote: »
    Only reason I havent dropped WW is so I can sell my bite , but after that its gone as its not worth it.
    And your question is?

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »
    And your question is?

Ah, is this the section for questions to other players? I thought it was "General Trolling and Whines"
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Since we have some terrible forums for this game, this is pretty much the general discussion forum. Also Im helping new players to make sure they dont waste their time with WW.
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • deamor666eb17_ESO
    deamor666eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Since we have some terrible forums for this game, this is pretty much the general discussion forum.

And what makes you think you can make such a decision?
    As far as I know it's ZOS that make the rules for these forums, not you.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like most things 'missing', they haven't been introduced for a reason. For example, they want players feedback ingame through /feedback, because forum discussions often end up in flamefests. Of course humans have a tendency to get around ... limitations.
    Edited by mutharex on April 9, 2014 12:38PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are "helping" other newer players, you need to spell out werewolf in your thread title instead of abbreviating it. I came here thinking you were talking about World vs World, aka Alliance vs Alliance.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was talking about hsi car
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since we have some terrible forums for this game, this is pretty much the general discussion forum. Also Im helping new players to make sure they dont waste their time with WW.
    Some people just won't listen - I tell them in-game that it isn't worth being a werewolf or a vamp but they are still frothing to become one. I see almost as many people wanting to know how to get cured! :D
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    If you are "helping" other newer players, you need to spell out werewolf in your thread title instead of abbreviating it. I came here thinking you were talking about World vs World, aka Alliance vs Alliance.

Except WW = werewolf and AvAvA = PVP.

Coggage wrote: »
    Some people just won't listen - I tell them in-game that it isn't worth being a werewolf or a vamp but they are still frothing to become one. I see almost as many people wanting to know how to get cured! :D

Exactly luckily I didn't spend alot of time trying to become one. Honestly only thing good about being a WW is the quest line.

• shanbazalleb17_ESO
    I actually got an ok dps increase when i morphed the transformation into Werewolf berserker. Still i think the ultimate cost is way too high for what it does. They should add a third active skill that would for example "bite your target and steal some health"
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    I actually got an ok dps increase when i morphed the transformation into Werewolf berserker. Still i think the ultimate cost is way too high for what it does. They should add a third active skill that would for example "bite your target and steal some health"

You may of received a slight boost to your light/heavy attack damage but no way you gained more dps over using class and weapon skills.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you expect? WW and vamp are novelty features. They couldn't be genuine benefits, because the general population would feel like they should have them.

And in fact, in PvP they are huge negatives. As it should be. It's a freaking curse after all, not a superpower.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    What next... RPers complaining that their transformations aren't limited to the full moon?
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    What did you expect? WW and vamp are novelty features. They couldn't be genuine benefits, because the general population would feel like they should have them.

And in fact, in PvP they are huge negatives. As it should be. It's a freaking curse after all, not a superpower.

With the downsides should be benefits, just common sense. As of right now their is nothing but downsides and your penalized for going WW. How does it make sense you cant break out of CC as a WW or that you lose dps lose utility and lose survive-ability becoming one.

This isnt a novelty issue its a balance issue.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    Whats broken is the Morph to transformation. Pack Leader.

What happens is when you activate it, after a few seconds, you instantly go back to human/humanoid form while your countdown for werewolf form keeps going. After it ends, you go through animation for transformation and in actual human/humanoid form again.

I mean. Really? Urgh.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the downsides should be benefits

The benefit is you feel cool and nifty. It absolutely is a novelty.
    How does it make sense you cant break out of CC as a WW or that you lose dps lose utility and lose survive-ability becoming one.

It's a curse.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    With the downsides should be benefits

The benefit is you feel cool and nifty. It absolutely is a novelty.
    How does it make sense you cant break out of CC as a WW or that you lose dps lose utility and lose survive-ability becoming one.

It's a curse.

A curse does not mean it does not provide some benefits. If their are no benefits at all it should not be in game. Even in Elder Scroll lore being a WW provides benefits and other perks as well as downsides.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 9, 2014 4:09PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The downsides are quite heavy handed regardless of its intentions. The only people I would think wouldnt mind the way it is is people that dont PvP. But if you PvP....youre asking for it every time you step into Cyrodiil.

Honestly the Transformation should last longer. Otherwise its a waste of a skill line.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    The downsides are quite heavy handed regardless of its intentions. The only people I would think wouldnt mind the way it is is people that dont PvP. But if you PvP....youre asking for it every time you step into Cyrodiil.

Honestly the Transformation should last longer. Otherwise its a waste of a skill line.

even in pve its useless mostly due to damage being a reduction to what you can do out of WW, lack of heals and being unable to break out of any form of cc.
  • shanbazalleb17_ESO
    You may of received a slight boost to your light/heavy attack damage but no way you gained more dps over using class and weapon skills.

I have no proof as I don't use addons but I know the mobs die a little faster when I'm transformed. I'm pretty sure the reason for this is that the skill set I'm using out of form isn't optimal for high dps.

The best bonus of WW imo is the aoe fear and the fact that u can sprint very fast. I imagine using it as an escape aswell. But still the ultimate cost is too high for it to be as reliable as one may like.
    Edited by shanbazalleb17_ESO on April 9, 2014 5:44PM
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭

I have no proof as I don't use addons but I know the mobs die a little faster when I'm transformed. I'm pretty sure the reason for this is that the skill set I'm using out of form isn't optimal for high dps.

The best bonus of WW imo is the aoe fear and the fact that u can sprint very fast. I imagine using it as an escape aswell. But still the ultimate cost is too high for it to be as reliable as one may like.

The aoe fear is nice, and the sprint is nice to except you can be rooted/stunned/ and cc'ed and cant run away. Unlike in normal form where you can use stamina to break out of a cc you can not do this with WW.
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭

The aoe fear is nice, and the sprint is nice to except you can be rooted/stunned/ and cc'ed and cant run away. Unlike in normal form where you can use stamina to break out of a cc you can not do this with WW.

Pounce should honestly break roots. :/

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds a lot like what it was in Skyrim, if I recall. At least the only reason I ever went werewolf was for disease immunity. Not for any of the actual powers.
  • Elvikun
    Elvikun
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs should be fixed, but apart from that, it is mostly style and fun, really. I noticed many people people thought vampire / werewolf will be "Omigodz ill becom 1 and pwnzzzorz evry1 ins pvpz lul!!!1!" and many people will be diasppointed.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 9, 2014 7:40PM
    Failing is a lifestyle too.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Elvikun wrote: »
    How are you not lazy enough to write a longer rant on questions forum, yet at the same time too lazy to write "Werewolf"? I guess it's one those mysteries of life.

Bugs should be fixed, but apart from that, it is mostly style and fun, really. I noticed many people people thought vampire / werewolf will be "Omigodz ill becom 1 and pwnzzzorz evry1 ins pvpz lul!!!1!" and many people will be diasppointed.

What? I cant use an acronym but you can use leet speak?

The things I listed are flaws and bugs that make the WW completely pointless to play. These things need to be addressed. The purpose of these forums are for new players to ask questions and Veterans to share their experiences.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was about the medium armor passive "Wind Walker".
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    If you had read the many guides on werewolves you would have seen that they are not that impressive. More kind of an RP tool and perhaps a severe disadvantage in PVP. If your oppenent has the fighter guild level 5 passive that gives them a boost versus werewolves and vampires you might really be unhappy.
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »
    If you had read the many guides on werewolves you would have seen that they are not that impressive. More kind of an RP tool and perhaps a severe disadvantage in PVP. If your oppenent has the fighter guild level 5 passive that gives them a boost versus werewolves and vampires you might really be unhappy.

I was well aware of the bonuses fighter guilds had against them, no where does it state it was a "RP Tool" and if it was a vanity item it could be a costume like the skeleton one.

No what WW is, is broken and in need of fixing. I'm not complaining I cant kill people with WW, I'm complaining about issues it should not have.

Their is no reason why I should not be able to break out of CC, any other class, race, vampire can by using stamina.

• Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    I thought this thread was about the medium armor passive "Wind Walker".

I originally thought it was about Whirlwind.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »

It is very obvious from the design of werewolves and vampires that it is meant to be flavor, not a beneficial tactic.