The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Objects not appearing in the world

Nightgard
Nightgard
✭✭
Hi,

As you can see in the picture I had to relog to be able to, not just interact, but actually see the skyshard.
I knew it was there because I saw an other player do the "skyshard animation" you know.

It's a serious issue because if I can totally miss a skyshard, what else could I miss, or did I miss ?!
Lorebooks, nodes, chests, quests ??
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had this issue once too, with a skyshard. I saw the shard, but it was in-active, and i was 100% sure i had not grabbed it earlier, so relogged and was able to grab it after that.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    in this case I wasn't even able to see the skyshard at all. I mean , it wasn't there.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    Nobody else ? Could it be my computer then ?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @‌Nightgard

This could be just an issue with certain graphic elements not loading properly on the first try. If this happens again, try the /reloadui command in the chat window. This should reload things and hopefully allow the missing objects to show up.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @‌Nightgard

This could be just an issue with certain graphic elements not loading properly on the first try. If this happens again, try the /reloadui command in the chat window. This should reload things and hopefully allow the missing objects to show up.

I can only hope that this is a VERY temporary fix, and this issue is fixed soon.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    @‌Nightgard

Thanks but /reloadui worked almost all the time for me during beta but not anymore, I really need to relog.
    Now I've got the light indicating nodes (if you took the skill for it) but no nodes................. relog, relog, relog >_<
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    somehow managed to post this into wrong thread?! so deleted.
    Edited by Belrim on April 10, 2014 6:17AM
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    So I don't have any news from tech support and it's really getting worse , some example :

in one picture you can see that, I know a node is here because of the skill to locate them, but I can't mine it.
    /reloadui doesn't help , need to relog. (and it's quite often)

Second picture you can see that I can't see the NPC, he's my objective so I can't continue the quest, /reloadui doesn't help, need to relog. (4 Npcs in this quest, had to relog 4 times !!)

I'll keep playing the game ofc but you can see how annoying it is ! And I can't be the only one :/

PS : all my drivers are up to date.
  • soltharb16_ESO
    I am having this EXACT same problem, and am unable to continue playing because of it.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89332

"Fixed an issue that would give the appearance that objects were invisible or missing."

Maybe this incoming patch will fix it .
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Nightgard

I've actually had this issue happen, and reported several items/lorebooks/quest triggers that cannot be interacted with for similar reasons. Not only that, I've also noticed that the gameworld rendering is quite spotty for wi-fi connections on *** Cable (Kansas), any word on any fixes on this?

Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • J_kar
    J_kar
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually missing NPCs. I am getting constantly killed by invisble mobs. Using /reloadui will make NPCs in the vicinity visible, but in a dungeon I need to do this after walking 10 seconds or so. Also quest interactable objects have been invisible until a relog. It could be that more objects are invisible, but it is hard to tell ofc if you cannot see these things in the first place.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    J_kar wrote: »
    I am actually missing NPCs. I am getting constantly killed by invisble mobs. Using /reloadui will make NPCs in the vicinity visible, but in a dungeon I need to do this after walking 10 seconds or so. Also quest interactable objects have been invisible until a relog. It could be that more objects are invisible, but it is hard to tell ofc if you cannot see these things in the first place.

I had exactly this issue during beta. But not since release. Weird

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen a couple of weeks ago in Cyrodiil with skyshards and relogging helped. I was very recently going back to finish out some things I missed in Alik'r and was surprised at how many zone-specific lorebooks were left. I ended up using a map from a reliable website to help get me started on one or two, and no go. I was in the right place and saw signs of where they usually get placed (a skeleton hidden on the other side of a pillar clutching its last possessions, a remote alley way, the only structure at that spot) or else the location had great specificity (the item is located between two map icons that are extremely close together). After the 4th book wasn't where it was supposed to be (even after reloading/relogging a few times), I figured there was a problem.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this