Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Store - Five Simple Improvements

Roneth
Roneth
✭✭✭✭
1.) Search by Name Feature
The developers seriously need to add the ability to search for a specific item by entering the name of that item in the Guild Store. This is a must have feature as wading through pages is a grueling process!

2.) Material Subcategories
Currently, players have the ability to refine their searches when looking at weapon and apparel categories by using subcategories. Unfortunately, there is no material subcategories. The developers need to add material subcategories for each profession; alchemy, blacksmithing, clothing, enchanting, provisioning and woodworking (this would help filter all the recipes, reagents, raw materials, etc).

3.) Style & Trait Category
The developers should add a "Style & Trait" category to the Guild Store. This would list all the items associated with weapon traits, armor traits, and styles. This would also include Racial Motifs.

4.) Mail Descriptor
When a player sells an item in the Guild Store, the mail now tells you which item was sold.

5.) Banker NPC Dialogue
Lastly, and arguably most importantly, the Banker NPC needs more dialogue. I would argue the dialogue needs to be short and sweet (no long conversation please). The lady in Daggerfall drives me absolutely nuts!
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, all of this.
  • Woodwanderer
    6 ) more then 30 items to post in any guild
    7 ) lower the fee cost for posting - the present one is ridiculous
    8 ) Increase the number of guild mates to rise the numbers of customers (e.g.)

but that makes auction houses of guilds!!!
    oh crap...
    Edited by Woodwanderer on April 9, 2014 3:25AM
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    6 ) more then 30 items to post in any guild
    7 ) lower the fee cost for posting - the present one is ridiculous
    8 ) Increase the number of guild mates to rise the numbers of customers (e.g.)

but that makes auction houses of guilds!!!
    oh crap...

I'm trying to add basic functionality to the Guild Store to make life easier, not trying to turn it into an Auction House.

• Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    +1 badly needed improvements.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Approved. 30 slots is enough. People just post too much garbage on the guild store.
  • timlongsonb16_ESO
    Regarding guild stores (auction houses) - I think its a brilliant idea, but have the following requests:

1. Remove the limit on the maximum number of items you can list - this limit makes no sense, and worse stops some guild community work. I am the guild master of a guild with nearly 200 members. As an initiative I wanted to craft some of every item type for every level, and put them for sale in the guild store really cheaply, so it would be a guild perk that guildies could access cheap gear. BUT this silly limit means that I cant even make, for example, a complete set of cloth gear for level 4 to 14 in without hitting the limit! Let alone medium armour, heavy armour, weapons, staffs, etc.. So please remove this limit.

2. Could you please add two small pieces of information to the in game mails which come when an item is sold, firstly the name of the item (so the seller knows to put more of those in) and secondly the name of the buyer?

Many thanks
    Zain
  • timlongsonb16_ESO
    P.S. If guildies post "garbage" in the guild store then there are 2 options
    1. the guild master should tell them off and provide guidelines on what is acceptable, with a threat to kick them if they keep doing it.
    2. Use the search filters to filter out junk lol ;)
  • DotAwkward
    Yes to all of this, especially the search feature and more information on the in game mail when an item sells.
  • Stonebreath
    Agreed for most of the things posted. I would say a search by name feature is the biggest/most important improvement mentioned here.
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    Agreed, especially 1 and 2...
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    Agree, all of this.

I hope Zenimax is listening. :)

• DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭
    Agree to all of them, especially 1 and 3.
    I could live without 2 if we had 1.
    But a auction house (which it is, just with limited access) without a search function is madness.
    EU Megaserver
    Chany Therall - Templar VR1
    - Tank in PvE, support Mage in PvP
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    DFDelta wrote: »
    But a auction house (which it is, just with limited access) without a search function is madness.

Search function is a must, Zenimax!

Please support this thread. Thanks.
  • RKLimes
    RKLimes
    ✭✭
    The guild stores clearly need a lot of work, but I for one would love any searches, (when they become possible,) to search all of my guilds simultaneously. Likewise, perhaps have my listings post to each of the guilds as well.

Being able to open inventory or crafting recipes while browsing at the same time would be a nice touch too!
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guild stores clearly need a lot of work, but I for one would love any searches, (when they become possible,) to search all of my guilds simultaneously. Likewise, perhaps have my listings post to each of the guilds as well.

Being able to open inventory or crafting recipes while browsing at the same time would be a nice touch too!

Agreed!
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roneth wrote: »
    The developers seriously need to add the ability to search for a specific item by entering the name of that item in the Guild Store. This is a must have feature as wading through pages is a grueling process!

Currently, players have the ability to refine their searches when looking at weapon and apparel categories by using subcategories. Unfortunately, there is no material subcategories. The developers need to add material subcategories for each profession; alchemy, blacksmithing, clothing, enchanting, provisioning and woodworking (this would help filter all the recipes, reagents, raw materials, etc).

The developers should add a "Style & Trait" category to the Guild Store. This would list all the items associated with weapon traits, armor traits, and styles. This would also include Racial Motifs.

4.) Mail Descriptor
    When a player sells an item in the Guild Store, the mail now tells you which item was sold.

5.) Banker NPC Dialogue
    Lastly, and arguably most importantly, the Banker NPC needs more dialogue. I would argue the dialogue needs to be short and sweet (no long conversation please). The lady in Daggerfall drives me absolutely nuts!

Beautifully done, make it so number 1!
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping the devs are listening :)
  • selixjm_ESO
    I don't know what page this was on and I don't care cause it needs to be bumped. Sub-categories for materials, Zeni. Make it happen! ><
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    the limits help reduce the impact of the farmers. There are addons that address the search issue already available.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Daracon_Rage
    +1
  • Daracon_Rage
    Roneth wrote: »

4.) Mail Descriptor

5.) Banker NPC Dialogue

Yes yes yes yes and god yes.

I'm happy they changed the Bank of Daggerfall lady. Good lord.

But seriously, number one mostly. Also not having number 4 is really bothering me.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree-
    Please add your suggestions here-
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools#latest

We have over 100 comments in support for new guild tools! Lend your support to this thread to make these issues a priority for zenimax!
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!