The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Perhaps another extension of the grace period might be a good idea?

Finlorfin
Finlorfin
Considering the amount of customers who can't play the game for days for a myriad of reasons, it might be a good idea to extend the grace period as a sign of good will. There are a LOT of disappointed and angry customers who are not getting helped out by customer support, and Zenimax Online is most likely losing a lot of customers because of it.

It would also free customer support to deal with other kinds of issues first, like all the reports of genuine players being banned because they traded some gold.

On the other hand, I read that the game is swarmed by gold farming/selling bots, a grace period would make that issue worse.

What do you think?
Edited by Finlorfin on April 8, 2014 6:22PM
  • daveben007b14a_ESO
    Give it time I am sure they will do something.
    Options
  • ConquerorDromtar
    I would like to see an extended, perhaps long term, grace period be made available for people who have already submitted a game code supplied by vendors known to be shipping late. Give the people the option to pay for a subscription of 1-3 months, after which they have to submit their box code to continue playing and receive their 30 days of game play included with purchase.
    Options
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    You can't suspend a grace period indefinitely because people have problems. Someone will always have a problem.

The way this type of thing is solved is through customer service giving small time credits to individual accounts, which I've seen is already happening for ESO accounts. Customer service is slow, so the current situation isn't ideal, but extending early access for everyone makes no sense either.
    Edited by Midgardian on April 8, 2014 6:29PM
    Options
  • jf_sauveb16_ESO
    Those who suffer from it will probably get something in return, I've seen people get up to 3 days for their troubles.
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, its not zenimax's fault 3rd party vendors dropped the ball
    Options
  • Minnus
    Minnus
    ✭✭
    I was offered 3 days after chasing them for 4 (now 6) days. It did not resolve my immediate issue (the ability to play). I am still unable to play since my $100 Collector's Edition has been delayed. 3 days is worth $1.50. That is less than 2% compensation for 3 days of down time, and 6 days of chasing for support.

I would make more flipping burgers. Frankly, its insulting.
    Options
  • moxsapphire_ESO
    moxsapphire_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    won't happen. requesting 1 day from customer support was hell.

i think these people lose pay or get a write-up if they hand out any kind of compensation.
    Options
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    Minnus wrote: »
    I was offered 3 days after chasing them for 4 (now 6) days. It did not resolve my immediate issue (the ability to play). I am still unable to play since my $100 Collector's Edition has been delayed. 3 days is worth $1.50. That is less than 2% compensation for 3 days of down time, and 6 days of chasing for support.

So you want to profit off of the fact that you don't have a game yet? So, you paid 100$ to play right now. I don't get people saying "I paid 100$, I should be able to play right now." Ideally, yes. But third party shippers had problems: and what exactly does that have to do with the 100$? I can see if you already paid 15$ for a month of game time, but the 100$ is the cost of something forever.

Do you complain that you are daily wasting your money when you pay for something an Amazon and it takes 2 weeks to ship?
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given all that is going on, bots, spammers, bugs, 3rd parties, lost loot, lost exclusives I think they need to prioritize.

If I were to choose I would deal with the quest bugs that prevent those already playing from progressing and streamline customer service toward getting those who should already be playing but can't into the game.

The lost loot and exclusives, from which I am a member of, can wait. Even the bots and spammers can wait (believe me I hate gold spammers/buyers with a passion).

Get the foundation secure, then work on the upper layers.
    Edited by Armitas on April 8, 2014 6:48PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Minnus
    Minnus
    ✭✭
    Midgardian wrote: »
    Minnus wrote: »

So you want to profit off of the fact that you don't have a game yet? So, you paid 100$ to play right now. I don't get people saying "I paid 100$, I should be able to play right now." Ideally, yes. But third party shippers had problems: and what exactly does that have to do with the 100$? I can see if you already paid 15$ for a month of game time, but the 100$ is the cost of something forever.

Do you complain that you are daily wasting your money when you pay for something an Amazon and it takes 2 weeks to ship?

No, I was merely assigning a value to the compensation that they offered. What I would like is the ability to play. People keep playing retailers, but at the end of the day, Zenimax offered a physical, $100 Collector's Edition only available through third party retailers. Pure and Simple. To get the best edition, one had to chance it with a third party. Zenimax never offered it directly.

Also to argue literals, $100 is not the cost of something forever. The physical collectibles are worth $40 if you take into account the $60 the game costs. The $60 game is effectively worthless without an active account. My game is worthless, as my account is not active...but that is fairly off topic.

Also yes. If Amazon promises to ship something on a specific day, and I pay for them to ship it at a certain speed, I expect reasonable effort and results. When Amazon fails to live up to this, they will refund the shipping, reship the item, or do whatever they can to satisfy the customer. It is one of many reasons why Amazon is such a successful retailer. This cannot be said to ANY degree for Zenimax.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a friend call about this. He was directly told that he should have bought the digital version directly from them and that there was nothing they could do
    Options
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it time I am sure they will do something.
    Charge you for the air you breath, probably.

"Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
    Options