Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nightblade - Pressure points, mark target, thief stone not working [NB bugs]

• Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    First I see a lot of people saying things like "base" crit chance. You have no base crit at all. Every character has exactly 0% crit with weapon and spell. You only gain crit through passives and abilities.

That means with full medium armor passives you get 21% weapon crit. DW tree can get you crit with daggers (doesn't show up on character screen), bow has a weapon crit buff. I haven't tested the Assassination passive fully to say exactly how it works.

If you get completely naked and you still have crit listed in your character screen, it is likely you are part of a campaign that has multiple enemy keeps and skyshards. You get crit buffs for those pvp bonuses.

I don't find NB nearly as broken as some people do. Some of our passives and skills do seem broken or under powered, but the majority of them work fine and the class is very playable.

I am VR4 with my NB and do fine in PvP and PvE. I wear full light armor (most of the time anyway) and use primarily class skills. My normal single target loadout is Concealed Weapon, Shadow Cloak, Killer's Blade, and my other two slots are constantly changing depending on what I am leveling at the time. My second bar is fluid and I use it for a support build consisting of Funnel Health and some resto staff skills for groups or if I am aoeing a destro staff with inner light, impulse, drain power, and siphoning attacks.

The nice thing about my single target build is that it can work with any weapon type, so I normally use it to do quests and level other weapons I don't have maxed yet. Currently working on 2handed. 1h/shield or resto staff both offer the build more dmg though. 1h shield lets you dump stam with deadly bash and the resto staff has the damage boosting passive.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominulf wrote: »
    Don't worry guys, it's only beta.
    That explains everything! O_o
    Edited by Anoteros on April 15, 2014 5:09PM
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    Don't know anymore if the class is really bugged or if people just don't know how to play it :/

not trolling, really.
    Edited by Nightgard on April 15, 2014 6:57PM
  • Quorthon89
    Has the Thief mundus stone bug been resolved with today's patch?
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    ZOS it is time to fix all those bugs or you should simply cut off one class and have game with just 3 classes.
  • Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    Nightgard wrote: »
    Don't know anymore if the class is really bugged or if people just don't know how to play it :/

not trolling, really.

Being a VR4 Nightblade that has no issues, I am leaning towards a L2P situation. I hate to use that, but the class just is not as broken as the people complaining about it try to make it out.

Would I like some of bugged skills and passives to be fixed? Sure I would. Even with the bugs though we are not a broken, useless class and we have multiple skill/gear loadouts that are effective. We have viable tank builds, great aoe potential with Drain Power + Impulse, some of the best resource longevity of all the classes (Siphoning Attacks or Leeching Strikes), can make great healers and can do either stamina based DPS (ranged or melee) or be a decent caster that supports the group (funnel health is an amazing heal).

Really have no idea why people think the class is so broken. I have a blast playing mine. I like it more than the DK I had to 50 in the PTS.
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't find NB as bad as people here claimed. The worst experience for me was between level 30 and 40 when it felt like my NB hit like a wet noodle. Changed my build and now at level 45 it feels all good. Jus don't expect to be able to kill more than 4 enemies with ease if you are dual wielding only in medium/light armor.
  • Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    Yea to AOE effectively you really need Impulse. It is the best AOE option in the game that comes from a weapon when using a fire staff and the Elemental Ring morph.

The DoT from Ring gives you more ultimate generation. AOE ultimates are necessary for making AOE go smoothly for a Nightblade.

Your options are Vieled Blades or become a Vamp and use the healing morph of the Vamp Ultimate. Blades is your best early choice and it offers a huger 60% dmg reduction and decent damage over time. Bats is the better choice because of the crazy healing it provides and the fact that it is mobile.

Use drain power to buff your weapon damage and just spam Impulse. Use ultimate as it is up and needed and the NB can aoe just fine. Not as safe and surviveable as the Sorc and DK, but with how large the Drain Power weapon dmg buff is your Impulse will be doing much more damage than those other two classes.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    real quick, where does it state that you get a 10% base crit chance? on my character sheet with no gear on i have 0% crit...
  • ConterK
    ConterK
    ✭✭
    Mark target works..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht9RWTyCDAo

why won't people test their stuff??
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    "why won't people test their stuff??"

Because it's easier to complain
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    ConterK wrote: »
    Mark target works..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht9RWTyCDAo

why won't people test their stuff??

Thx for posting that, I was starting to believe I am too stupid to do a proper test.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/87867/patch-notes-v-1-1-inc-craglorn-from-pts/p1

Lots of fixes (tool tip etc) soon.
    They are working hard and that s nice to see.
    Hope the haters in page 1 are gonna think again about the future of the game and what they said about the devs.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yelgis wrote: »
    Would I like some of bugged skills and passives to be fixed? Sure I would. Even with the bugs though we are not a broken, useless class and we have multiple skill/gear loadouts that are effective. We have viable tank builds, great aoe potential with Drain Power + Impulse, some of the best resource longevity of all the classes (Siphoning Attacks or Leeching Strikes), can make great healers and can do either stamina based DPS (ranged or melee) or be a decent caster that supports the group (funnel health is an amazing heal).

Really have no idea why people think the class is so broken. I have a blast playing mine. I like it more than the DK I had to 50 in the PTS.

What if Im not interested in playing a nightBLADE as a STAFF-wielding caster? Ill have a pretty bad time leveling through VR content, wont I?
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on April 30, 2014 1:51PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    What if Im not interested in playing a nightBLADE as a STAFF-wielding caster? Ill have a pretty bad time leveling through VR content, wont I?

Not VR yet, but I can solo 5 foes of my level in public dungeon without using the ultimate. Just dual blade and 1 HoT from healing staff.

So blades are not broken, it's hard to play and target foes but if you use TAB and have some skill the class is really cool to play.

Edited by Nightgard on April 30, 2014 2:46PM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightgard wrote: »

Not VR yet (...)

So that doesnt answer my question.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    Well I really don't think I gonna need to totally change my play style because I hit a new level.

Can't be playable and fun lvl 49 and impossible, unplayable lvl 50. Come on.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was doing dw/bow when i hit vet ranks, and i found bow to be considerably weaker in vr content, i switched over to dw single target and dw aoe bars, and i'm back to 2-3 shotting mobs on sneak attack, i don't find that adjusting your playstyle for harder content to be a big deal. granted i like bow, but i went from being able to drop a mob with sneak attack then kite his friends around to dropping a mob to 80% and having to kite everything, so i adapted.
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    Oh no it's no big deal. But I don't think blades are so "broken" that you need to stop playing with them once you're 50
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the 1.0.6 patch fixes any of these NB abilities that are broken??
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Evident
    Evident
    Soul Shriven
    .... that video... lol k are NB completely underpowered? no people are goin a lil crazy, should our skills work yes. that test on mobs 5-10%... lol first of all it works ONLY for auto attacks, 2nd for pvp it still does the same 5-10% no matter the target and only auto attacks. so a tank with 2000+ armor minus 75% and its only a 5-10% difference on only auto attacks, yeah that sounds about right... gg, its so pitiful for a damage increase that i only use it to stop people going stealth lol, "oh yeah guys marked works" ...... lol whats the point of -75% spell resist if its only a 5-10% increase on AUTO ATTACK do a real test dont post some *** test on pve low level monsters. my point is, imo, we arent the assassins were supposed to be mainly because of mark not working correctly, our solo target dps (with same stats and skill lvl item etc) is going to be the same as any other class
    Edited by Evident on May 2, 2014 1:33AM
  • Nightgard
    Nightgard
    ✭✭
    for now I'm only using mark for the 60% heal when you kill a target, usefull on weak adds during boss fights.
  • ConterK
    ConterK
    ✭✭
    Evident wrote: »
    .... that video... lol k are NB completely underpowered? no people are goin a lil crazy, should our skills work yes. that test on mobs 5-10%... lol first of all it works ONLY for auto attacks, 2nd for pvp it still does the same 5-10% no matter the target and only auto attacks. so a tank with 2000+ armor minus 75% and its only a 5-10% difference on only auto attacks, yeah that sounds about right... gg, its so pitiful for a damage increase that i only use it to stop people going stealth lol, "oh yeah guys marked works" ...... lol whats the point of -75% spell resist if its only a 5-10% increase on AUTO ATTACK do a real test dont post some *** test on pve low level monsters. my point is, imo, we arent the assassins were supposed to be mainly because of mark not working correctly, our solo target dps (with same stats and skill lvl item etc) is going to be the same as any other class
    Have it ever occur to you that maybe the targets have LOW DEFENSE?
    or that maybe Defense have little impact on Damage mitigation??

Why don't YOU do your tests and prove my tests wrong?

All i see you do is talk and complain.. but not showing any proof about any of the stuff you claim..
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If a -75% reduction in armor/resists translates into a 5-10% damage increase vs. them... then this game has some pretty big fundamental issues.

Considering the damage reduction values for someone at the cap vs. someone in full light armor with no other boosters, I am going to stick with Mark Target being broken.

If this was tested on a player in PvP that had high armor/resists, it would actually prove something. Not random weak mobs who may not even have much armor.
  • Evident
    Evident
    Soul Shriven
    ConterK wrote: »
    Evident wrote: »
    Have it ever occur to you that maybe the targets have LOW DEFENSE?
    or that maybe Defense have little impact on Damage mitigation??

Why don't YOU do your tests and prove my tests wrong?

All i see you do is talk and complain.. but not showing any proof about any of the stuff you claim..

well u see i dont have fraps but i pvp nonstop... and in pvp i hit someone for 500 with a snipe mark them and hit them 500 again that means its broken i already looked to see if i could ss it in some way for proof however i cannot since my dmg log does not say "marked blahblah" so there would be no proof i marked, go in pvp turn on fraps hit someone a tank prefferably then mark em hit em again 0 difference use a skill not auto attack or even if u want use auto but itll still be a very small difference, a difference that makes the skill useless as far as increasing dps goes. in fact since im not going to go and learn how to fraps and upload videos and all that nonsense please pvp for 10 minutes and make a video and show me and ill stfu but i swear to u the skill is NOT working as intended at all in the negating 75% of armor and spellresist, in fact i believe u can do it in pve. use any skill magic or physical besides auto attack mark em and hit them with the same skill in a video and tell me that it works, cause it doesnt and it wont. when i use hidden blade or whatever to -40% a monsters armor i see a much larger difference than using mark which is supposed to be 75%
    Edited by Evident on May 2, 2014 10:42PM