The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 207 Support Group - What have you tried?

• lasma799
    lasma799
    Soul Shriven
    Any updates to this issue i have a friend who cant play. He can log into the website just not the game.

My guess is tomorrow since its like 9 PM Pacific. If it's not fixed by the afternoon, I'm guessing with all the log-in issues and server down times that many people will consider unsubbing for a game they can't play.

Edited by lasma799 on April 8, 2014 3:56AM
    Options
  • Noheart
    Noheart
    Soul Shriven
    They have blacklisted network card addresses somehow, changing ip address wont work, formatting wont work, using a different network card seems to work. this is why we can login on another computer in the same house. if u have a seperate network card installed in your machine i.e. wireless. you can disable it in device manager and hardwire to your onboard network card, and enable that.
    right click my computer
    properties
    device manager
    do u have two cards under network adapters?
    u may be in luck.
    Options
  • hosein.babai_ESO
    I have found a work around, it is tied to the MAC address of your ethernet adapter. Some network cards (onboard or not) will allow you to change your MAC address. What I suggest below is for advanced users and Windows 7 only (some steps will translate to other versions) USE AT YOUR OWN RISK:

Click on your network icon in your taskbar (bottom right, near clock by default). Click "Open Network and Sharing Options".
    In the new window, click on "Change adapter settings" on the left side.
    Find your active connection, right click and "Disable" it.
    Do this for all adapters, just to be safe.

Go to start menu, right click on "Computer"
    Click on "Properties"
    Click on "Device Manager" on the left side.
    Expand "Network adapters"
    Double click on the adapter you intend to use.
    Click on the "Advanced" tab
    There should be a list of settings you can alter, you are looking for "Network Address" (if the option is not there you cannot change it)
    Click in the text box and enter 12 random hexadecimal characters (these would be 0-9 or A-F). Make sure it is not similar to the actual MAC address.

Click Ok
    Re-enable the adapter (first section you disabled it)

Login.

I have been trying VPNs (new networks), searching for ini files that would stop this, even tried another onboard NIC (since it was enabled when I first experienced this issue, it locked that one out too), all kinds of methods. I just logged in after 10-ish hours of tooling around.

Options
  • bromygod
    bromygod
    I fixed the issue by uninstalling the game --- > start > programs > The Elder Scrolls Online > Uninstall The Elder Scrolls Online.

Proceed to download the game from your account and install the game > then enjoy >took around 10 minutes for me.
    Edited by bromygod on April 8, 2014 6:42AM
    Options
  • mavenmills
    I'm on a campus network, my roommate can play, and I can log into his computer as well. I've done pretty much everything possible to try to fix it. (not as easy to "restart" a campus-wide server)
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regardless of what network you are on, if the computer is yours (which if it's a gaming machine, it's likely this is the case) then try what I said.
    Any updates to this issue i have a friend who cant play. He can log into the website just not the game.

Has he tried what I said - I can't try it as I'm not having the issue, but it might just work. Surely someone can try it and let everybody else it's a work-around for now?

Just try it! Somebody! lol
    Options
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anybody still getting this, Zenimark support say they are working on it.
    Options