The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cannot accept ingame friend request and then booted from game for pressing E button multiple times

Mennox
Mennox
✭✭
After managing to log in, I received a friend request ingame from a dear friend. However, when I hover over the request and click Eto accept or even click the tick button, this does not do anything and the request is still there.

However, proceeding to press E several times (approx 6) in quick succession (like sticky keys error you get on Windows) to try and accept the request then results me being booted from the game with the following error:

"Error 318 (6:3:1173:2). You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (ie spamming)."

I then attempt to log back into the same character and get a server login error (although i can log into another alt fine) - I assume my character is banned for apparent spamming for a very short period of time; after several login attempts, I am able to log into my desired character - and the friend request apparently accepted in the process :)

This is in no way a whine or a moan, but just to point that that certain tweaks may need to be made - at least if an account is banned (for spamming as an example) - provide a message upon login for user awareness :)

I will also post this as a bug ingame
To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.