The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Turning grass on gives artifacts, off no problem!

Cepher
Cepher
Can anyone assists me with the current problem im having with ESO? When i turn to medium settings i have problems, when i turn to low settings i have no problems. I narrowed it down to the grass option. When i turn it on i see weird pixels / artifacts of the surroundings. I can just see my character, not any of the surroundings just 1 big screen of artifacts. I hope someone can help me on this on !

PC:
Intel i5 3570
Radeon 4870
Edited by Cepher on April 7, 2014 3:41PM
  • djodars
    djodars
    ✭✭✭
    Your video card is too old for grass... /thread
  • Cepher
    Cepher
    And you answer is based on. what? Seeing as someone with a 3870 doesnt have any problems at all
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, we have that same thing with one of our computers which has a HD4850 - 1GB. The only way to run it coherently is without Grass on. But so what, at least it runs it without grass. And there's not that much missed with grass on. :)
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Teriosc
    Teriosc
    1- DX10 videocard,assumption- may be TESO not fully support some functions
    2 - Its very old, assumption 2 - bad memory, not enough memory.
    Thats was a good card in due time (still has one in the closet :) ) But now with i5 CPU better use something like GTX 660
    Follow the white rabbit...
  • Exlord
    Exlord
    Soul Shriven
    I just started to have this problem after switching to my new VGA.
    Fresh installation of Windows 10 x64 + ASUS ROG STRIX RX480 8GB with latest driver + 16GB RAM.

how can i fix it ?