Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

50th lvl in a week - reality or insane?

karneLian77
karneLian77
Soul Shriven
Hey ppl, I've seen here on forum many words about being at lvl 50. So are there really a lot of players who has already reached the highest lvl - in just a week after the launch???! Such people has 25 hours a day, and spent it all in the game, I guess )))
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    Early game exploits. 20 kill quest PvP.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are loads at level 50 - I already would be if I wasn't trying to actually listen to quests and stuff.
    Also, I'd be surprised if anyone spent 25 hours a day on the game.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skillet wrote: »
    Early game exploits. 20 kill quest PvP.

Even if you were just speed questing, you could easily get to level 50 in the first 5-7 days.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, there was a mechanic that they took advantage of (which they patched, BTW...)

Dungeons gave a lot more XP than they currently do. So you'd get a powerful AOE'r, collect a large number of mobs, AOE them down, rinse repeat...

Then there was the easily repeatable PvP quest that granted XP as well...
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unemployed , plain and simple.. the jobless man is king in MMO's always has been always will be
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really doubt people were ingame 25 hours a day though the first 50 was made in less time.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some awesome grinding spots once you hit 22 onwards.
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I know people that just like to rush the game, no need for exploits. They advance in missions without paying attention to anything, skipping dialogues, following quest marks and getting fast rewards. They chose to rush to the end, get fast to veteran zones and rush them too.

That's their way to enjoy the game, they prefer to do it this way. I don't like to do that, but I don't mind it. Remember that not all people enjoy the same things :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reality and insane, IMO :P
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reality. People hit 50 within 48 hours.

And no, it isn't what I would call "a lot" of players. I don't think the majority enjoy AoE farming. But to each their own. If they enjoy it, they should be able to tell everyone criticizing them to sod off.
    Edited by Vikova on April 7, 2014 3:40PM
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levelling isn't that slow.

My "main" if you will is 28 and i've spent most of my time in Cyrodiil where the XP is terrible.

Had I been questing i'd probably be 50 by now.

I have a few lowbie alts too.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the first claimed 50 done in something like 17 hours?

As has been said, they used borderline exploits and some lousy game design to do it, but it doesn't affect me so if that's what floats their boat then /shrug.
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    There are people in my guild that are level 50, I'm playing almost all day and I'm 26, I don't know, they don't sleep, they don't have life, or something weird going around! :disagree:
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first play through a game i read most things and trudge around at a fairly leisurely pace.
    It's when i level alts it becomes a powergrind and skip everything.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS players were aware of some exploits.

Most PTS players are good, upstanding people who genuinely want to help the game improve. But some are in it for their own selfish needs.

So they found exploits. They found optimal builds. They found ways to zip up to max levels in mind-bending times.

For a couple months, they'll dominate PvP. They'll dominate the market. They'll share their knowledge with trusted friends in their alliance, and use this power to promote the growth of their alliance.

Then. They'll get bored. They'll leave. The dust will settle. The people who knew what they know will slowly become invalid as exploits continue to get fixed, and overpowered skill combos continue to get balanced.

A rare few PTS wills tick around. The ones who truly care about the game, and the ones who are irritated about being "nerfed" but still want to play.

Then we'll all be on equal playing grounds, hopefully. Aldmeri will likely continue to have the strongest presence for some time, but Ebonheart Pact will reign supreme because of Dark Elf superiority. ;)<3<3
    Edited by Sarenia on April 7, 2014 4:04PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Darkreign
    Darkreign
    ✭✭
    Hmm, lvl 50 in a week heheh. Some people just do it to themselves I guess. ESO is so much more than just lvl. i want to get the most out of a game i just payed through the nose for, im lvl 7 and had 5 days early acces too............ so ok. i have one of every class and two of some classes for experimentation, but i will get my monies worth, im in no hurry, i read everything, look everywhere, im getting my monies worth :)
  • l-wilson-1986b16_ESO
    hamon wrote: »
    unemployed , plain and simple.. the jobless man is king in MMO's always has been always will be

Long term employed who took 2 weeks holiday so for a short while I could relax and enjoy myself. I'm only level 44 at the moment though.

No exploits, no dungeon farming. I have just done every quest in every zone, killed every world boss and had loads of fun. I think it is a bit too easy to get to 50 but after years of mmo's I guess more experienced players naturally level faster.
  • Covarnis
    Covarnis
    ✭✭
    Interesting! I've spent the first week mostly creating several characters (and restarting them, until I got the names and appearance right!). It doesn't really matter in the end, if people have fun doing whatever they are doing.
  • Meogi
    Meogi
    each for their own. In my "main" guild we have one who already work on his veteran levels. He just been really focussed on levelling, using the most efficient route available, while others, like me, go "oh shiny" and pulls out the screen shot to document the tour :D
  • Meogi
    Meogi
    *snip* sorry, double posted.
    Edited by Meogi on April 7, 2014 4:34PM
  • Fina
    Fina
    ✭✭✭
    I think it must not be so hard to get 50 in a week. I got my main to 25 during the first 2 days with only questing. The first 18 were very fast and easy, since I had already gotten that far in the beta.

Questing, killing world bosses, and just exploring can net a lot of exp very quickly.

But after those first two days I realized there were just so much more to the game I wanted to enjoy, instead of just mindlessly running from quest to quest.

So now I try to take it slow and enjoy other aspects of the game. Getting achievements, fishing, crafting, gathering, trading, or just exploring a new place.

But to each their own. Each person paid for the game with their money so they're entitled to play how they like. Although taking advantage of known exploits, instead of reporting them (especially during the beta test), is
  • Fina
    Fina
    ✭✭✭
    I think it must not be so hard to get 50 in a week. I got my main to 25 during the first 2 days with only questing. The first 18 were very fast and easy, since I had already gotten that far in the beta.

Questing, killing world bosses, and just exploring can net a lot of exp very quickly.

But after those first two days I realized there were just so much more to the game I wanted to enjoy, instead of just mindlessly running from quest to quest.

So now I try to take it slow and enjoy other aspects of the game. Getting achievements, fishing, crafting, gathering, trading, or just exploring a new place.

But to each their own. Each person paid for the game with their money so they're entitled to play how they like. Although taking advantage of known exploits, instead of reporting them (especially during the beta test), doesn't really improve the game for anyone.
    Edited by Fina on April 7, 2014 5:02PM
  • rlaurengeb16_ESO
    level 50 VR2 (soon 3) and I haven't used any "exploits". Just been doing all quests / world bosses / public dungeons and dungeons on all maps thoroughly. It also helps that i'm between jobs so I have a lot of time to play.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the first level 50 I know of was in 17 hours. It's posted in the forums around here somewhere.
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    hamon wrote: »

LoL..... get a hair cut
  • johnnyvonrotten
    johnnyvonrotten
    Soul Shriven
    Shimond wrote: »
    Reality and insane, IMO :P

Agreed. Elder Scrolls, IMO, is all about the journey. The exploration, the lore, the ambience. I'll take my time and soak it all in, thank you very much.

• Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when did they add an extra hour every day? :)

I did 1-30 questing 30-50 grinding mobs.

Probably takes about 1.5 hours a level questing, 45 mins a level grinding. Atleast that's what I experienced.
  • Ndylan
    Ndylan
    Some people enjoy playing for 18 hours a day xP
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    These level 50's will be the ones bashing the game and crying that there isn't enough content to keep them satisfied in a months time.

Well no duh. You raced through all the content as fast as you possibly could.

Yeah, I get to comment on it because 10 years ago, I used to be one of those kids.

"I was among the top 20 to reach level 50 on my server!"...so?
    Edited by crush83 on April 7, 2014 8:19PM
  • gimmethecreepsb14_ESO
    Some people enjoy the hardcore speed leveling. However, It's sort of pointless to AOE level because you miss out on soooooo many skill points. You'll more than likely have to go back and pick up the quests you skipped anyway to get the skillpoints to build you character just how you like him. And honestly, you aren't really speeding up the combat of the quests, because usually the combat isn't difficult, it's the moving around (ESO pushes you to explore a bit) So to answer the initial question, There are some level 50's, but they're few and far between still. It's not THAT easy to level to 50 in this game, and honestly, leveling has been pretty fun in my opinion, and im at lvl 24 with my bow-sorc and 10 with my nightblade tank. It's pretty fun and not worth rushing imo. But to each their own.