Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Disgusting EU treatment

timebandit_b16_ESO
timebandit_b16_ESO
✭✭✭
This is the SECOND time I come home from work and 5 minutes into the game theres maintainance...seriously?

Why does EU ALWAYS get shafted?

fail company
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will always be increased maintenance close to launch.

Also, check to make sure you aren't working right before the regularly scheduled maintenance time.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well this is probably a troll - if it isn't this makes me very worried.

but you do realise that the NA server has probably had it worse - with longer maintenance than EU
    this time it is our turn
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    They work on fixing the game and the complaints roll in about the maintence.

They don't have server down for maintence and people complain about the bugged quests.

/sigh
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you rather not see the game patched and bugs fixed?
    Sure, I'd prefer to have maintenance around 2:00 AM, but for now I'm glad they're fixing things.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Thybrinena
      Thybrinena
      ✭✭✭✭
      seriously?
      Why does EU ALWAYS get shafted?
      fail company
      Maintenance is to be expected and in terms of time, someone is always got to be shafted..what about the Aussies etc? The US have also been down and longer than us collectively so have a bit of patience and go eat or something. I'm just home from work also but will most likely spend my "spare" time hyping up Game of Thrones for tonight!
    • timebandit_b16_ESO
      timebandit_b16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      and how on earth am I a troll?

It was even a PLANNED patch and we had no notice, atleast a day before.

Its like...things just gets rolled out and all we can do is watch.

• Kiash
      Kiash
      ✭✭✭
      Rosebloome wrote: »
      They work on fixing the game and the complaints roll in about the maintence.

They don't have server down for maintence and people complain about the bugged quests.

/sigh

This. If people aren't complaining, the game is in trouble imo.
    • hamon
      hamon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      he,s not saying there shouldnt be "any" miantenance, hes saying it could and should be in off peak hours.. dont flame the guy without understanding his point.. i agree with him it should be like 4am maintenance is done not late afternoon early evening
    • Zilas
      Zilas
      ✭✭✭
      umad
    • Inversus
      Inversus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      and how on earth am I a troll?

It was even a PLANNED patch and we had no notice, atleast a day before.

Its like...things just gets rolled out and all we can do is watch.

the added 'fail company' sounds really trollish
      and the fact that you are upset about EU getting bad treatment being ironic seems like you are trying to get a rise out of people
      VR14 EH Sorc
      VR1 AD NB Crafter
    • Mortuum
      Mortuum
      ✭✭✭✭
      It is always prime time/someones time to play. Cant make everyone happy, but fixing what is broken to provide better product is hardly a reason to call company fail...
    • hamon
      hamon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      usually folk who come on to be forum appologists for bad maintenance times are those who have the most time to play.. perhaps if you can only grab a few hours between work and kids etc.. you get more annoyed when you have a couple of hours free in the afternoon and the servers down.
    • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Community Manager
      The patch we're pushing out right now was planned for tomorrow, but it was ready today and will fix some of the issues people have been running into while playing. We understand that the time is not ideal for some, but we felt it was critical to get the fixes out now before it gets much later in Europe.
      Jessica Folsom
      Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
      Staff Post
    • Planktonify
      I see no problem in having their team patch/update and whatnot during nighttime, both for EU and USA servers. 2-3 AM
    • leperchans
      leperchans
      ✭✭✭
      Anyone who complains about maintenance when an MMO first comes out doesn't really know how MMOs work. MMOs always release buggy as hell and there is always increased maintenance work to get these problem fixed. This happens with pretty much every company that has their own MMOs.
      Co-founder and Leader of the The Daggerfall Brovenant!
    • hamon
      hamon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      well i dissagree with untmost respect , i think most would have liked to play this afternoon and the game got patched at 2am or something.. i respect that you are fixing stuff. and would be ok if it ws a 30min downtime in the afternoon , but a several hours drop to fix a few bugs late afternoon is bad unless theres an emergency imo
      Edited by hamon on April 7, 2014 3:13PM
    • Seanb0y16
      Seanb0y16
      US server was under heavy maintenance for long periods of time. We're getting lucky in terms of downtime.

I'd rather them do the maintenance as soon as possible to fix the quests that are bugged. I'm quite happy that they are putting in the time and effort to get this patched quickly, and the support is good.
    • Caran
      Caran
      ✭✭✭
      As long as it does not break some folks' launcher this time ... I have seldom experienced patches being ready before the planned time ... if that goes well, kudos to you.
    • trinta
      trinta
      ✭✭✭
      If it's any consolation, your downtime is scheduled to last "several hours" and as soon as you're back up, we (NA) go down... Which means guess what? It'll hit us during peak, too!
      Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
    • Laurai
      Laurai
      ✭✭
      I'd rather have a little timeout than more progress blocking quests.
    • Vikova
      Vikova
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If there are progression-blocking bugs, they will do maintenance earlier rather than later.

The timezone spread of common players for EU is much larger than NA - they can't avoid everyone's primetime. Especially when trying to quickly get things done.

It is also not uncommon for patches to be aimed earlier than normal maintenance so they can use normal maintenance time to fix anything that the patch may have broken or missed.
    • sebastiankarner
      Its a great thing that they try to fix all the bugs, there is always time to play, if not now then tomorrow :)
    • Sarenia
      Sarenia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Amusing irony.

Not long ago, NA people were complaining about 13 hours of downtime.

Sometimes you draw the short stick. Sometimes we do. Get used to it, suck it up, and learn that life hates you so you should demolish bottles of alcohol to take revenge on it.
      [beta_group_85b_9]
    • Mortuum
      Mortuum
      ✭✭✭✭
      I understand it is annoying, and im not apologist. Just trying to see both sides of it, and really cant see what is wrong with fixing bugs. It is not single player game which will be ready anytime you click desktop shortcut, and they dont take servers down for patch to have fun and laugh at us. Game is only week old, and a lot things which worked on PTS can be(and are) broken on live, so they fixing it.
    • Audigy
      Audigy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      hamon wrote: »
      usually folk who come on to be forum appologists for bad maintenance times are those who have the most time to play.. perhaps if you can only grab a few hours between work and kids etc.. you get more annoyed when you have a couple of hours free in the afternoon and the servers down.

I made it to level 10 and I had EA, so I fall under your category of playing not so much due work and family, yet I don't mind a maintenance now. Some quest´s are bugged right now, they also struggle with sending the Explorer packs and bank slots disappear for some reason.

Its really urgent to fix those things.

I hope we get patch notes by Jess soon, curious what´s in there.

Besides that, I don't think EA or Blizz ever were faster than their schedule with patches, but late :D
      Edited by Audigy on April 7, 2014 3:18PM
    • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Community Manager
      Audigy wrote: »
      I hope we get a patch detail list by Jess soon, curious what they actually fix ;)

Almost done! They're fairly short. We're finishing them up now.
      Jessica Folsom
      Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
      Staff Post
    • hamon
      hamon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      leperchans wrote: »
      Anyone who complains about maintenance when an MMO first comes out doesn't really know how MMOs work. MMOs always release buggy as hell and there is always increased maintenance work to get these problem fixed. This happens with pretty much every company that has their own MMOs.

god learn to read better please. NOBODY is complaining about the patches "per'se " we all accept and like the fact they fix stuff. its the fact that its just bad customer care to do it at very busy times to suit their agenda rather than wait till off peak hours to suit the customer.. unless theres a game breaking issue that needs a hot fix , theres no excuse for taking the servers down during peak times.. i mean we could live with whatever bugs exist for another 8 hours surely till the small hours of the morning

• Furutre
      Furutre
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Would you rather not see the game patched and bugs fixed?
      Sure, I'd prefer to have maintenance around 2:00 AM, but for now I'm glad they're fixing things.

AAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

• Jonnymorrow
      Jonnymorrow
      ✭✭✭
      he,s not saying there shouldnt be "any" miantenance, hes saying it could and should be in off peak hours.. dont flame the guy without understanding his point.. i agree with him it should be like 4am maintenance is done not late afternoon early evening

Yeah people arent complaining about the fact that they are patching some of the games issues, they are complaining at the time at which it is being done. Why cant people understand that...

They cant make maintence not shaft EU, they just arent doing it. There is time when all of the EU is not in prime time, I've played other mmo's that have done maintence in downtime without any complaints about it.

These maintence times are only going to damage the game further, It makes sense to patch the game out of peak hours in the EU on the EU megaserver. Then everybody is happy. This game is in retail now not beta, Start providing the service required for paying EU customers.
    • trinta
      trinta
      ✭✭✭
      Almost done! They're fairly short. We're finishing them up now.

Please say Ghosts of Westtry. Please say Ghosts of Westtry. Please say Ghosts of Westtry.
      Edited by trinta on April 7, 2014 3:21PM
      Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.