The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No Free 30 days Sub

Tyetonious
I put in my CD key for the actual game which apparently "comes with 30 days free game time included" only to then be asked to subscribe and pay £8.99 for the 30 days game time i already payed for buying the game! so now i have payed twice and only have 29 days left not 59! sort please
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be refunded your £8.99, it is for verification only.
  • Tyetonious
    hmmm believe it when i see it
  • WylieCoyote1511
    WylieCoyote1511
    ✭✭✭
    Socratic wrote: »

When are people gonna get this into their heads!!

• proshoes
    proshoes
    Ok, I do understand that we get the money back.

But you are the one that's narrow-minded for believing it's ok just because WE'LL GET IT BACK. Why ask for it in the first place? If it's ok for everyone everyone will be doing it.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭

My bet is on "never."
  • Tyetonious
    my bad looks like the ammount wasnt payed at all, i got an email from paypal saying it had, but when i logged into paypal the transaction was cancelled.
  • tipper709ub17_ESO
    It's an authorization only. When it isn't collected the temp hold on funds drops off per visa and master charge auth rules. The issue is they should have set the card validation auth to $1 vs the full month cost which just adds to the confusion.
  • waylander48
    waylander48
    ✭✭

when they get out of primary school probably but with some people you never know :)

• WylieCoyote1511
    WylieCoyote1511
    ✭✭✭
    proshoes wrote: »

But you are the one that's narrow-minded for believing it's ok just because WE'LL GET IT BACK. Why ask for it in the first place? If it's ok for everyone everyone will be doing it.

Never said I think it's ok.

This is just how it is.

Enter payment info and play, or don't. It's that simple, your choice.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭

When people learn to read.
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • RazorChain

This is just how it is.

No actually not. This is on the receipt when you buy the game

By making your purchase today, which includes early access plus an initial 30 days of game play, you have acknowledged that this game requires you to enter into a paid subscription plan. A valid and accepted payment method is required to play. The first 30 days of unlimited game play begins when you select your preferred subscription plan (but not prior to game launch) on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store. After your initial 30 days of included access, a subscription will cost kr.99.00 NOK per month. Subscription fees will only be charged for game access after the first 30 days, subject to cancellation by you at any time. No refunds or credits for partial months. You can also choose to pay for your subscription with a Game Time Card purchased at participating retailers, subject to availability.

So it states that Game Time Cards are a valid way to pay for your subscription, but you don't get your 30 free days until you buy one, well that is blackmail pure and simple.

My debet/credit card was valid enough when I bought the game from them, but now after buying the imperial edition and I'm broke until thursday then my card isn't valid enough for them.....that is just pure hypocrisy.
  • WylieCoyote1511
    WylieCoyote1511
    ✭✭✭
    RazorChain wrote: »

This is just how it is.

No actually not. This is on the receipt when you buy the game

By making your purchase today, which includes early access plus an initial 30 days of game play, you have acknowledged that this game requires you to enter into a paid subscription plan. A valid and accepted payment method is required to play. The first 30 days of unlimited game play begins when you select your preferred subscription plan (but not prior to game launch) on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store. After your initial 30 days of included access, a subscription will cost kr.99.00 NOK per month. Subscription fees will only be charged for game access after the first 30 days, subject to cancellation by you at any time. No refunds or credits for partial months. You can also choose to pay for your subscription with a Game Time Card purchased at participating retailers, subject to availability.

So it states that Game Time Cards are a valid way to pay for your subscription, but you don't get your 30 free days until you buy one, well that is blackmail pure and simple.

My debet/credit card was valid enough when I bought the game from them, but now after buying the imperial edition and I'm broke until thursday then my card isn't valid enough for them.....that is just pure hypocrisy.

Yep!! but what can ya do.

• RazorChain
    Nothing but contact support, they owe me 30 days of gametime

I'm not going to the bank to deposit cash on my bank account so I can play, that's just stupid..I have 4 or 5€ on my debet/credit account which should have been enough to verify.

I'm certainly not going to transfer money from my savings account because then I will lose interest rates.

I just want my 30 days play time, enough said.
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    You'll lose interest rates for using £8.99 over a short period of however long it takes to be refunded? What would that be? A small fraction of a penny?
  • Tyetonious
    pennies make pounds :P haha
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of that phrase. Sure 100 pennies create a pound, but a pound is a pound, and a singular penny is only a penny. It's like that stupid phrase with voting when you say you don't want to vote and someone follows it up with the moronic statement, it just takes one vote to sway the outcome, or, if everyone thought like that. I would liek to say to those people, my thoughts do not sway other peoples across the board, if I don't vote it has absolutely no bearing on the collective consensus. Sorry rant over.
  • Falait
    Falait
    I demand a refund, due to predzakaz.V moshenichiskimi admenistratsii actions.
  • Tyetonious
    Ye i dont particularly hold to the phrase myself, i hate shrapnel. usually end up giving it away when it builds up to my nephew or something lol. but ye was kind of agreeing with you on the interest side of things not really worth it over the sake of 0.8 of a penny lol. Just pay it Razor and get the refund, i payed via paypal and cancelled the sub straight after, they never even took the money anyway, the transaction was cancelled.
    Edited by Tyetonious on April 7, 2014 10:08AM
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    Falait wrote: »
    I demand a refund, due to predzakaz.V moshenichiskimi admenistratsii actions.
    How could you demand a refund? It's not their fault for you not reading the back of the box before you bought the game.

• Falait
    Falait
    I bought a digital version and there is not a word was that something else I'll have to get otlachivat what I paid
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    On the purchase screen at the bottom there's a tab called additional information next to system requirements. As I said, it's your own fault for not reading.

"The 30 days of unlimited game play begins when you select your preferred subscription plan on store.elderscrollsonline.com. Subscription fees only charged for game access after the first 30 days, subject to cancellation by you at any time."
  • Falait
    Falait
    when I bought it there nebilo
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭

You are stupid that kind of people always get tricked and ***!

• Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    Falait wrote: »
    when I bought it there nebilo
    Speak sense.

• Falait
    Falait
    How to return the money that was spent for pre-order?
    Edited by Falait on April 7, 2014 10:22AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then please explain how i get 30 free days if i use a game time card?
    1. i'm forced to use it as i have no other choice
    2. They then force 2 months of game time $30 so i can use my free 30 days

That is not unlimited free 30 days by any means at all.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

It CLEARLY said that if you want to use a gametime card you will be billed at the time of purchase.
  • Falait
    Falait
    How to return the money that was spent for pre-order?
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

It CLEARLY said that if you want to use a gametime card you will be billed at the time of purchase.
    Clearly said after i purchased the game, i've been looking for subscription details for months and could not find them, now after the game is released, magically the sub details appear, no where were Game time card details until now.

As i pre ordered the game i had no box to read until the 4/4/2014