The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Subscription issue. Read.

n0x
n0x
So I know there is like a thousand of these threads going on right now. But my situation is a little different.

I purchased the Digital Imperial Edition via Game Stop. I was given a code to redeem for the game, which would allow me to get early access and blah blah blah.

Anyways, I log on today to find my account info was wrong, did research found I need to set up my Plan, attempted to do so, found out there was no option to do so. Further research told me that I needed to redeem a code that validates that I in fact do own the game. (Kinda weird since I have 5 day early access). The problem is when I attempt to re-use my code from GameStop, it wont allow me, and tells me that its invalid. Obviously since I used it to activate early access, I kinda knew it wasn't going to work.

Further research said I would find a code possibly in my email, having gone thru my email inbox and spam folders, I found no such code or email exists.

I just want to add a subscription and play..

So.... Wtf am I supposed to do now? lol
Edited by n0x on April 7, 2014 12:52AM
  • BeeK
    BeeK
    From what I have gathered, early access has already ended. Good luck in game.
    Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    I just wanted to roll up with a beer and enjoy my 2 days off from work >.<
    Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    I was in early access, and It ended today. Im aware of this Rofl.. and was not the issue.
    Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    I know Gamestop told me initially when I called that it showed that I had already received my game code. Further insistence on my part resulted in the "we don't have the codes, and we don't know when we will email them" response.
    This is all part of the game.
    Options
  • aSheets91
    aSheets91
    same exact issues man. screw Gamestop. mines saying "In order to set up a subscription, you must first own the game" no ***. I own the game, how else could i have gotten early access?!
    Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    I know we got them on the first receipt. at least I did when I purchased it from the store. but I activated that, to give me early access. this should prove I own the game lol im so confused.
    Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    exactly.. it shows I have the beta, then I have the early access below it. FML lol. Does this mean I have to actually spend time with the wife tonight?
    Options
  • duanewoods
    having the same issue. the issue seems to be with ESO's web site. there's no reason why the way to subscribe should be hidden like this. But given that I cannot get into the game and I can't subscribe so i can enter the code is beyond frustrating. This is all kinds of FUBAR!!!!
    Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    hopefully eso support calls me back soon, I left a call back number for them.. this is crazy.
    Options
  • Ayradyss
    Ayradyss
    ✭✭
    GameStop should have provided you with -another- code when the game was released. For instance, I bought the Digital Standard Ed. from Green Man Gaming. They sent me a code for early access when I made the purchase. (This is like the code that you received and used for early access.) Then on the 3rd, I received another e-mail that contained my retail code and the code for the explorer's pack. (Actually, it had the early access code in it too, but that really didn't matter, at that point.)

So what you need now is your retail code. (And possibly a code for the explorer's pack -- or maybe it's automatically included with the Imperial retail code -- I don't know as I didn't get the Imperial ed.) But you should have at least one more code from GameStop. Make sure to check and see if you received any further e-mails from them around the 3rd-4th. If not, you need to bug them about it, I expect.
    Options
  • Dodece
    Dodece
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem lies in their authentication servers. Rather then you needing an additional code. I am having the exact same issue with a Amazon purchase. I think the most likely issue is that those retailers sent the confirmation that the purchases had gone through on their end as in the user didn't cancel the order, but for whatever reason nobody at Zenimax entered that information into their systems.

In other words I think they forgot to have a qualified member of staff on hand today to enter into the system that those probationary game codes had been verified as authentic. Thus we have to sit around waiting for them to call in whoever it is who has the authorization to say yes those codes are good.
    Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    GameStop should have provided you with -another- code when the game was released....

So what you need now is your retail code. (And possibly a code for the explorer's pack -- or maybe it's automatically included with the Imperial retail code -- I don't know as I didn't get the Imperial ed.) But you should have at least one more code from GameStop. Make sure to check and see if you received any further e-mails from them around the 3rd-4th. If not, you need to bug them about it, I expect.

Already bugged them, they do not currently have the email codes (the order page promised that email within 2 business days of shipping) and they do not have any idea (according to the woman I spoke with) as to when they will be emailing them...

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n0x wrote: »
    I was in early access, and It ended today. Im aware of this Rofl.. and was not the issue.

It actually is. The short version is that Gamestop screwed you, and hasn't given you the actual retail code. Which you need to prove you own the game. Sorry.
    Options
  • Ayradyss
    Ayradyss
    ✭✭
    Shanna wrote: »
    Already bugged them, they do not currently have the email codes (the order page promised that email within 2 business days of shipping) and they do not have any idea (according to the woman I spoke with) as to when they will be emailing them...

Hmm. Well, that's not good. You might try submitting a ticket with the ESO customer service and explain to them what you've said here. I honestly don't know if that will help, but with some other games, I've seen that sometimes the CS dept. from the game can get in touch with the retailer and get things settled. They might be able to get some manner of verification that you've paid for the retail game and get you activated, but I don't really know for sure. Probably wouldn't hurt to try, anyway.

Edit: Or try GameStop again, and tell them you want to speak to someone higher-up. Get a number for the corporate customer service -- something like that. Might need to 'escalate' the issue with the GameStop people.

Best of luck!
    Edited by Ayradyss on April 7, 2014 1:17AM
    Options
  • Crazymajor
    Crazymajor
    Soul Shriven
    I have this same problem but I bought from Amazon
    Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    Ayradyss wrote: »

Edit: Or try GameStop again, and tell them you want to speak to someone higher-up. Get a number for the corporate customer service -- something like that. Might need to 'escalate' the issue with the GameStop people.

Best of luck!

Ty for your well-wishes and suggestions! I was gonna try the "higher up" angle just now, but found that they are closed for the night :(

Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    really CS is closed? ughh
    Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    Anyone have CS phone number?
    Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    n0x wrote: »
    Anyone have CS phone number?

I called 1-800-883-8895 for Gamestop. The Zeni CS is 1-844-936-4629.

Options
  • n0x
    n0x
    Ok so I figured it out. I will post a new thread for to help all Game Stop people
    Options