The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not letting me log in

cmongo_ESO
It says i am using the wrong log in, but i can still log into my account page with all the same info. Yes i did the normal stuff, check cap locks and all that other stuff...but it is not letting me log in.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, was logged in earlier today and didnt have this problem.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • cmongo_ESO
    this is not a login in error, it just does not like the password i have been using for the last week.
    Edited by cmongo_ESO on April 6, 2014 10:12PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, it appears that this issue is caused by not having a subscription plan set up (even though you get 30 days free, you cant play at the moment or access your 30 days without having a subscription set up to take effect after that 30 days passes).

of course, like usual, zenimax screwed up and didnt give us the necessary information in their error prompts. The popup should not be telling us that our login information is incorrect (because it isnt), it should be telling us that we need to set up a subscription plan to continue playing.

Just go to your account settings on the website and set up your subscription, and you'll be able to log in without issue.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • cmongo_ESO
    thank you i will give that a try
  • cmongo_ESO
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Alright, it appears that this issue is caused by not having a subscription plan set up (even though you get 30 days free, you cant play at the moment or access your 30 days without having a subscription set up to take effect after that 30 days passes).

of course, like usual, zenimax screwed up and didnt give us the necessary information in their error prompts. The popup should not be telling us that our login information is incorrect (because it isnt), it should be telling us that we need to set up a subscription plan to continue playing.

Just go to your account settings on the website and set up your subscription, and you'll be able to log in without issue.

winner winner sweetroll dinner!!!!!!!!! thanks
  • Isaura_Darkwind
    I was not a fan when I discovered this myself; like others getting the extremely unhelpful message at first which caused me to worry about the security of my account.

I am also of the opinion that we should not be forced to set up the payment method until the end of our 30 day period; after all if the game is very buggy or if there is a lot of downtime whose to say that I'll even want to play once the 30 days are complete; I really don't want to pay for a game that doesn't work during the limited amount of time I have to play it since I have 3 kids and a job.

This first 30 days is what will likely make or break my future with the game unless if these things do occur they offer a consolation gift idea for their errors since they would then not have spent enough time in beta testing.
  • megowego24
    megowego24
    Soul Shriven
    What about us that can't setup a subscription plan because we ordered a physical copy from an outside source? I cannot redeem any code and do not have a subscription management tab on my account due to this and wont receive my box for another day or two. Is there absolutely nothing I can do? This is insane.