Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Urgent : What the hell....

vanity
vanity
✭✭
Seriously, this crap going on with ESO is seriously pissing me off.

Now I can't log into my account, says wrong account information so I assume wrong password. I change my password, same message that my account information is wrong. I try to go to ESO support and guess what, their support page is down. Seriously this is a joke... I really am considering not playing this game because the little things count and they all add up.

Having a support page down is literally the worst thing customer service can do. Tried to find a number or an email. Pages down.

Fun day off from classes.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They had trouble earlier today with the rush to the account page, since the early access grace period ended this Sunday. In order for your 30 day free game time form purchasing the game to start, you must set up a subscription plan with your account.
  • YourLocalPyroub17_ESO
    KhajitFurTrader has the right of it. I had the same problem. Same error message and all – I even tried the same fix you did by attempting to change my password at Account Management on the website.

Today does, in truth, mark the first day ESO requires a subscription PLAN to play. Accounts are somewhat suspended til this is fixed. Though it seems not all people encountered the same effect.

Solution: I set-up my subscription plan. As soon as that was completed I was able to successfully log-in and play as usual.
    Edited by YourLocalPyroub17_ESO on April 6, 2014 9:41PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader and @YourLocalPyroub17_ESO are right. Details from the ESO Support kb article;
    WHY AM I BEING ASKED TO PAY FOR A SUBSCRIPTION? I THOUGHT I GOT 30 DAYS FREE.

Updated 04/05/2014 01:21 PM Published 04/02/2014 10:55 PM
    All players are required to set up and choose a subscription plan starting on Sunday, April 6th. Those players not eligible for Early Access will be asked to register their game code and set up a payment method or redeem a game-time card on their account starting on Thursday, April 3rd, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

The 30 days of free game time are granted to all players who fill out their billing information and select a subscription plan.

For credit cards, debit cards and PayPal there is no charge made until after your included 30 days of game time has expired. For these payment methods, there is an authorization check performed to ensure the payment method is valid. You may see a temporary account authorization hold put on funds in your account while the verification completes. Usually this authorization hold lasts a short period of time before being removed. The duration of this hold can vary from bank to bank.

Authorization Check is Immediate

Visa Credit Card
    MasterCard Credit
    Paypal
    Prepaid Credit Cards
    (American Express CC & Amex Prepaid can take 3-7 days)
    Debit Cards
    Players using Webmoney, ideal, PaySafeCard, or Giropay to set up their subscription plan will see the entire charge applied against their account immediately and the aquired game time will be activated after the initial 30 Days of free game time has run out.

Billed/Applied immediately

Webmoney
    Ideal
    PaySafeCard
    Giropay
    Gametime Cards