Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Flying mounts

• likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necroposting much?
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necroposting much?

that or start a new thread on the same topic and be referred back to the old one by someone else who googled the topic

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• KingJackalope
    KingJackalope
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I'd see a "flying mount" as more of a vanity item. It would be easy enough to limit the height that you could go. Only allow it about 10 feet off the ground if need be, but to me, it would be cool (and worthy of some $) to have a griffon. I've just always liked them. *shrugs*. It would still be low enough mobs could "get me" and knock me off my mount, like they do now with my horse if I upset them. Could add fall damage as well to make it even more dangerous than a regular mount. Am I not going to play EOS because of it? No. Its not that important to me. My free white imperial horse is good enough for me. Again, just a vanity item.

If there was a sacred secret place people were not suppose to go simply kill them if they do. I've been in places in EOS (instances) that if you stepped off the side you died. It LOOKED like I could go there and I could see the path that I should have been able to. I knew I wasn't suppose to but wanted to see "what would happen". I found myself at the start of the instance with damage to my stuff. I doubt there are many secret sacred places that developers would think broke the game if a player found themselves there. I've actually been able to get to the places I've wanted to, so far, that I've wondered "Can I get there?"

I did play EQ from the start for about 10-12 years. I saw a LOT of "That will NEVER happen" from the developers to being a great new feature in the next expansion that just a few weeks before people were screaming would break the game and they would never play it again, to now being awesome and fully supporting the creativity of the developers. As far as "its not in the lore" arguments that would simply take making a few books that had previously been 'lost' to be found and poof that disappears, not that hard to overcome.

I'm sure you are 100% right that flying mounts will NEVER be in EOS. I'll be ok with that. Won't change how much I play at all. I just find it curious why it seems so impossible to even fathom the thought of it. You gave some decent rebuttals, after the snarky "Sounds like too many WoW players have come to ESO" comment, and even if they did so what? Are you telling me that Bethesda wouldn't want to draw some WoW players over to ESO? I'd imagine that they'd want 100% of the WoW, EQ, AO, and every other MMO player to come to EOS, more $$ for them.

I'm sure I won't comment any more on this one subject, seems kinda beaten to death. Again, just find it funny the "it messes up my walking and exploring" argument when you can teleport clear across the map.
  • Masterhand911
    See, the thing is, what would said mount BE? A giant harpy? There are very few flying creatures in this game capable of supporting much weight.
  • ColdBloodedKiller
    I guess I'd see a "flying mount" as more of a vanity item. It would be easy enough to limit the height that you could go. Only allow it about 10 feet off the ground if need be, but to me, it would be cool (and worthy of some $) to have a griffon. I've just always liked them. *shrugs*. It would still be low enough mobs could "get me" and knock me off my mount, like they do now with my horse if I upset them. Could add fall damage as well to make it even more dangerous than a regular mount. Am I not going to play EOS because of it? No. Its not that important to me. My free white imperial horse is good enough for me. Again, just a vanity item.

If there was a sacred secret place people were not suppose to go simply kill them if they do. I've been in places in EOS (instances) that if you stepped off the side you died. It LOOKED like I could go there and I could see the path that I should have been able to. I knew I wasn't suppose to but wanted to see "what would happen". I found myself at the start of the instance with damage to my stuff. I doubt there are many secret sacred places that developers would think broke the game if a player found themselves there. I've actually been able to get to the places I've wanted to, so far, that I've wondered "Can I get there?"

I did play EQ from the start for about 10-12 years. I saw a LOT of "That will NEVER happen" from the developers to being a great new feature in the next expansion that just a few weeks before people were screaming would break the game and they would never play it again, to now being awesome and fully supporting the creativity of the developers. As far as "its not in the lore" arguments that would simply take making a few books that had previously been 'lost' to be found and poof that disappears, not that hard to overcome.

I'm sure you are 100% right that flying mounts will NEVER be in EOS. I'll be ok with that. Won't change how much I play at all. I just find it curious why it seems so impossible to even fathom the thought of it. You gave some decent rebuttals, after the snarky "Sounds like too many WoW players have come to ESO" comment, and even if they did so what? Are you telling me that Bethesda wouldn't want to draw some WoW players over to ESO? I'd imagine that they'd want 100% of the WoW, EQ, AO, and every other MMO player to come to EOS, more $$ for them.

I'm sure I won't comment any more on this one subject, seems kinda beaten to death. Again, just find it funny the "it messes up my walking and exploring" argument when you can teleport clear across the map.

Hey buddy, it is ESO, not EOS. Have a good one!

• KingJackalope
    KingJackalope
    Soul Shriven
    See, the thing is, what would said mount BE? A giant harpy? There are very few flying creatures in this game capable of supporting much weight.

Well, the thing is.... It could be any flying creature. They could make up new ones for themselves if they wanted to. You know "walking around and exploring" I haven't seen any horses out there. Only spot I've seen them is under players and in the stables. Does that mean there are no horses? If they made a stable with different mounts how would that be any different?

And to ColdBloodedAhole, Killer sorry ... Typing on an iPad sometimes my fingers can Go too fast and sometimes things come out of order. If that's REALLY all you had to add to the conversation you need to go away and let the adults talk.