Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Flying mounts

• jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    KingRebz wrote: »
    would it affect the way YOU PLAY if it is added for everybody? i say yeah add the ability for flying mounts. its not like it ruins the way your playing lol..
    Actually it completely changes the game. Farming becomes different as you then need a flying mount to farm nodes efficiently. PvP becomes different as it becomes a quick escape / gank option. Questing becomes different as the mobs on the way to objectives are completely ignorable.

So yes it would effect the way everyone plays. It's a complete game changer to add in and it requires a completely different way of structuring each and every zone. It would require a complete rebalancing of nodes, monsters, quests and pvp.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Dolenz wrote: »
    Just say NO to flying mounts

NO! NO! and NO fly mounts!
    No Pink Bunnies mounts!
    All mount should follow the lore!

Woah, wait, nobody said anything about pink bunny mounts. I might change my mind if it were a flying pink bunny.
    Im sorry to say it does not exit, yes you can have an nice pink rabbit.
    http://jd-wiki.perfectworld.com/images/thumb/9/94/PinkRabbit.png/400px-PinkRabbit.png
    But it require an catapult to fly :(
    Yes an levitate spell would also work, remember I casted levitate on an pack of boars in Morrowind and had them follow me off a cliff.
    The fun factor of being chased by an pack of flying pigs was only overdone then their levitate spell timed out.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    Make the teleport cheaper would be enough. :cold_sweat:
    Edited by Firmament on April 6, 2014 11:57PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firmament wrote: »

It's free if you're at another wayshrine, and I have yet to find a location that's more than a couple of minutes from a shrine.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firmament wrote: »

If you use a teleporter _at_ a teleporter, it's free.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flying mounts? What the? Who the....

GET OUT! GET OUT RIGHT NOW!
  • Cookiecut
    Cookiecut
    Soul Shriven
    No to flying mounts indeed! You can purchase horses witch you can upgrade speed/stamina/carry capasaty and also Wayshrines are absolutely everywhere! If you think its slow buy the 25% mount and upgrade it to max speed.
  • Phoebvs
    Phoebvs
    I believe it's high time to mention armored bikini and fortified lingerie :wink:
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering OP never replied,I think we all been victim of a prank :)
  • katfiveknivesub17_ESO
    No. Just... NO.
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT THE HELL?
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Please no. They fit in Vanguard they fit in Wow but not in TESO. I would love a "ring of the hoptoad" which allows me to jump higher but no flying.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they ever have flying mounts then I'm outta here, this isn't Pandas online! I think there's way too many way-shrines as is, we don't need any-more Fast Travel, EVER!
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    This one agrees with many statements on this discussion. Ri'Dariit would not like flying as he is afraid of heights. Dragons could be only ones that make men fly, and dragons are scary so we should not have. Khajiit wouldn't care, always landing on feet with hinds, but still scary moment of fall. Levitation would be ok, as this is not too high and shouldn't be higher from the ground than half-mer's size. This one rode Silt-striders before, fun they are to ride, but should be used like carriage in Skyrim. Pre-defined paths with taking scenic route if player is too busy to push buttons and wants to enjoy scenery. Silt striders are native to Morrowind only so nowhere else this one should see as they would perish.
    Edited by Ri_Dariit on April 7, 2014 8:46AM
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are not really that many flying creatures out there that can carry a person. A couple of Daedra, drakes, dragons, and that is really about it. It could be possible, but watching 2,000 people in Cyrodiil on a dragon just seems... complicated.

Then we would just paratrooper in castles instead of breaking down the walls.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phoebvs wrote: »
    I believe it's high time to mention armored bikini and fortified lingerie :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HOt0ZOcYk
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely no regarding flying mounts. Movement speed is good enough if you ask me. There are loads of Wayshrines out there and areas are small. Having a horse gives you a decent speed increase and should be sufficient.
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    awesome idea. stick in a flying rainbow unicorn while you're at it... not
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    Please for the love of god, no flying mounts.

There are so many games out there that has this kind of thing, so why cant we have a few games that does not have it?

If people want flying mounts, then I would suggest they find a different game, Flying mounts have no place in ESO.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying mounts .... no, just no.

I wouldn't mind if they added Silt Striders as an alternative to Wayshrines though.
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    Flying mounts are terrible for game design and game play -- they basically sacrifice everything else about the game on the altar of fast travel.

Even WoW is thinking about ditching flying mounts going forward (Blizzard has announced no flying mounts in the expansion at all initially -- something they may change in a later patch, or may not) -- it just really hampers game design and engineering gameplay experiences from the developer's point of view too much.
  • SpieleNerd
    NO!
  • Moyana
    Moyana
    ✭✭
    No, flying mounts would just kill any and all exploration.
  • Alhanna
    Alhanna
    Flying mounts? I rarely post but this is something about which I feel strongly. Please, no. This is a beautiful game meant for exploration and not just hopping from one thing to another. Flying mounts would defeat that purpose and subtract from the world immersion.

Let's not try to turn this game into something it's not, hm? :)
  • KingJackalope
    KingJackalope
    Soul Shriven
    Sötlimpa wrote: »

I'm hoping there won't be any flying mounts, you can get long distances quick with the wayshrines. I rather like walking and exploring, finding dungeons and lorebooks and plants and M'aiq the Liar and skyshards and fishing holes and miscellaneous quests...

Curious though, *IF* they did introduce a flying mount, like a Griffon or a Pegasus how would that affect YOU? If YOU like "walking and exploring" why wouldn't you be able to? You wouldn't even HAVE to have a flying mount. You could just not buy one and walk around and explore all you want.

By this same logic does riding a horse mess up you "walking around and exploring"? Seems like you'd ride too fast to really enjoy the sights and all the exploring. Maybe they should take mounts out 100% and waystones too so people can just walk around and explore.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Dolenz wrote: »
    Just say NO to flying mounts

NO! NO! and NO fly mounts!

All mount should follow the lore!

like flying dragons in Skyrim ? ... well okay, it was a ride, not controlled flight ;)

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like too many WoW players have come to ESO
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• KingJackalope
    KingJackalope
    Soul Shriven
    Never played WoW. Don't really care about the mounts. I just don't see the "game destroyer" aspect that people are crying about. Make them the same relative speed. You don't have to make them fly as high as the clouds by any means. Don't allow them in PVP mode, that I agree would throw that off greatly. But, for travel I can't see the big deal with it. Fine if it doesn't come, and I'm sure it won't, I just don't see the fit so many people are having over this.

I can't believe people are ok with the wayshrines. That is a teleport and people are OK with that? That doesn't change "walking around and exploring"? lol
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KingJackalope actually it does .. flying bypasses designed geography to limit access to certain points on the map. In addition there will be many locations that have not been play tested because literally they are inaccessible to players now, but would be with flying mounts.

No, if an open world system is intended to have flying mounts it has to be planned and designed from day 1 ... not as an add-on.

Having said that, there is nothing stopping Zenimax revisiting the whole world map and making inaccessible areas playable after testing to be able to create the option of a flying mount for those who have completed the world as current and would like the freedom to fly.

• DovresMalven
    DovresMalven
    ✭✭✭
    Go in to ESO and go the the highest point you can reach. To be honest, the world doesnt look so hot from heights. It just wasn't designed to be experienced that way.
    Dovres Malven
    - Aldmeri Dominion