Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zenimax Thieves Guild were is it?Why was it not in game at launch.

Glithanes
Glithanes
✭✭
Zenimax Thieves Guild where is it?Why was it not in game at launch.
Look I love the game but when you only have 5 main classes in game how do you not have it in game at launch with fighters and mages guild?

So are there plans and can we get and eta?
  • Harva
    Harva
    ✭✭✭
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE DARK BROTHERHOOD WILL MAKE ITS APPEARANCE?

We can confirm that the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are not currently in The Elder Scrolls Online, but they will be added as join able guilds later on.

ZOS_AlanG

That's all we know so far. Chances are they did this to add more content into the game at a later date to draw in more players that may get bored with the game and stop playing or paying for the subs.

Sort of like job security for them to pick and choose what they can turn into content. It sucks, but I guess it's something they chose to do.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't be a thief if there's nothing to steal, can you?
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given the bots, farmers, and werewolf slavery going on in the game, I am so glad that theft is not part of this game. The world would be stripped bare while they work to address these issues.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭

Given the bots, farmers, and werewolf slavery going on in the game, I am so glad that theft is not part of this game. The world would be stripped bare while they work to address these issues.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, I've seen gold spammers but no bots, and what's this nonsense about 'werewolf slavery'?!

"It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Sergeant_Novak
    Sergeant_Novak
    ✭✭✭
    This has been addressed many months ago. Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood are not in launch but are confirmed and will be in future updates. I understand the frustration that they aren't out now, but I think gives Zenimax a little time to kink out the problems with the game now and implement systems into the game that compliment the thieves and DB guilds. Plus, it's something to look forward to post launch.
    Kol Blakmarc - Dwemer Archeologist, Mage, Not such a great dancer
  • clairefunb16_ESO
    It'll work, in that I can't resub for a while after this initial month (time constraints of the main growing season, etc) - but once I hear the thieves guild & dark brotherhood are in game I'm SO back. My favourite part of previous Elder Scrolls games, and the best questlines, storywise - often including some of the best characters, too - so I suppose better to take their time but get it right. It's important! :D
  • Brank
    Brank
    ✭✭✭
    I'm laughing, but the Elder Scrolls gamer inside of me is crying.
  • mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    One of the dev videos that came out way back before I even got into the november round of beta testing stated that the Thieves guild and the dark brotherhood (or morag tong (sp?)) are not currently in, but for sure wil be added in the future. The Dev stated that it was far to omplex of a system to get finished in time for launch and they really wanted it as perfect as possible. I imagine just like with a lot of the other scrolls stuff they tried to bring into ESO as near to the single player games as possible, that we will end up getting a skill line for pick pocketing, stealth (or related to it) lockpicking, etc. However since there isnt just tons of stuff lying around to be 'stolen' it will most likely be a tough to implement skill. Pick pocket will probably only be available on npcs, etc.

Who knows how long it will be until it gets put in, when it does, holy *** jeah. Assassination quests, a dark twisted storyline that wont be all goody goody.

I hope they use it as a chance to make lockpicking more complex. I can open pretty much any ole chest so far usually without breaking a lock pick more then once a week or so. Everytime I get to 100 lockpicks I take 50 out and stick them in theg guild bank. I'd also like to see perhaps another different minigame but similar style as the cherst picking, but on doors and other lockabes
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Glithanes wrote: »
    Look I love the game but when you only have 5 main classes in game how do you not have it in game at launch with fighters and mages guild?

Here you go, pertinent bit is just after 6 min in.

I can't wait!
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Both the thieves guild and the Brotherhood were in the game but one got stolen and the other was assassinated before launch. Not sure which happened to which, though..
  • Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    We need dark brotherhood!
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Both the thieves guild and the Brotherhood were in the game but one got stolen and the other was assassinated before launch. Not sure which happened to which, though..

We may need to steal this explanation for later!

As others have already said, the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will be added to The Elder Scrolls Online as post-launch content. While both would no doubt prefer to sneak in, we will announce their arrival, loudly, on the official site and our social media channels.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glithanes wrote: »

Four main classes.

It was in every FAQ that it was not included at launch; if you were expecting it, you should not have bought the game. It was your own mistake, as it has been quite clearly illustrated in multiple places all over the internet that it was not yet available.
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »

We may need to steal this explanation for later!

As others have already said, the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will be added to The Elder Scrolls Online as post-launch content. While both would no doubt prefer to sneak in, we will announce their arrival, loudly, on the official site and our social media channels.
    from the explanation it sounds like you need to do something special to get access. will it be like the current WW/Vamp? Right time, right place?
    Or will it be like in the other TES games? a guy talks to you on the street, wants you to steal something and introduces you to the thieves guild?
    you kill someone and then after a while you receive a letter from the brotherhood?
    will it be archivement bound?
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    All we've said about the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood is that they'll be added to ESO at a later date.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I heard that they will be added to the first content patch. But I guess thats not the case now...

Would be nice to hear some official concept promos about it though.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »
    Would be nice to hear some official concept promos about it though.
    They had some up, but some one assassinated or stole the files.. in that order.

First rule of thieves guild and brotherhood is don't talk about thieves guild or brotherhood.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    All we've said about the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood is that they'll be added to ESO at a later date.

Ok, but is there ANY sort of time frame in mind as to when this will be sans "sometime after launch"? I don't want my chars who would be a good fit for a thieve's guild and the Dark Brotherhood hitting high levels/cap before they are added in. This odd decision has put some of my characters out of service. I realize Zeni is trying to work out a "justice system" and that's probably what the hold up is, but why that wasn't figured out during years of development for this game is beyond me. Zeni promised frequent content updates and communication. We have received neither. Not that I expect the former in the first month lol. But the latter? Come on. I am GLAD you guys are working on the issues in the game from this problematic launch. I don't fault Zeni for that at all, and instead, applaud them for it. But still, the devs not telling us ANYTHING in regards to upcoming content is pretty absurd (except for that Craglorn adventure).

Edited by nhisso on April 21, 2014 11:22PM
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    So... we are at a later date now... ^-^.

Could someone throw us a bone? even a small one, on what we should expect?

I'm particularly interested in the Dark Brotherhood, and I'd just like to know you know... things... some sort of ETA, even if pretty vague, what kind of things we are going to get (NPC or PC kills, or both?), what kind of skills are we going to get in that line?
    Edited by Squishy on May 16, 2014 12:39PM
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    So, when the Thieves Guild gets here, does that mean we would be trespassing or stealing when we enter NPCs homes and take from their nightstands?
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Traisa wrote: »
    So, when the Thieves Guild gets here, does that mean we would be trespassing or stealing when we enter NPCs homes and take from their nightstands?

The doors are open, as are the chests. I'm assuming it'll be more of a quest setting, as if everytime we looted a piece of bread,we were labelled thiefs... you know...? I'm assuming they'll either be instanced quest area only for the thiefts (and pickpockets on npc), or they'll have the same way of doing it as Skyrim/oblivion. If a door is closed, you're trespassing, although, I don't see this being implemented, since the cities do not seem to have a lot of free space to add... things.

*waves the ultimate unending Ball of catnip's Yarn at the ZOS staffs. Come on kitties, tell us about the DB/thieves, and you can get the ball*
    Edited by Squishy on May 17, 2014 7:06AM
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Traisa wrote: »

If ZOS implements the Justice System in a way similar to the way crime is handled in other TES games, players will prolly be able to do everything we can do now. Only then if we are in an owned home or area after a certain time or are caught taking stuff, guards can be summoned or the NPC could outright attack us.

Hopefully anyways.

Though i do really have some concerns for both Thieve's Guild and the Dark Brotherhood. Will ZOS go the Skyrim route with like 99% of NPCs immortal or like other TES fare where most NPCs are fair game with us players getting a warning that the NPC in question is important to quests and do you REALLY want to kill them. And if its the later, how will instancing be handled amongst the playerbase?

In any event, i'm still excited for this stuff to be added. Even moreso than VR content.
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    I have gotten some dialogue with NPCs that seem upsest that you just walked into their house. One of them said something like "Do you usually make it a habit of going into someone's house uninvited rummaging through their things?" I forgot which NPC it was, but it was a woman in the Shornhelm area. So, that's what made me think it could be part of Thieves Guild questlines.
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    The obvious answer is that its hard to do either guild without a functioning crime system.

Also I'd rather see Morag Tong or alliance specific guilds, such as Pact would get the Tong, Dominion would get the Brotherhood, and Covenant would get a Blades offshoot.