Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How do I change my UserID?

Nathano
Nathano
✭✭✭
I have tried contacting customer support to change my UserID and got the following response:

"Greetings Adventurer!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

You are in luck because we would definitely would be able to change your userID.
If you wish us to go ahead with changing your UserID, we will have to verify account information for your security. Please provide the following for verification purposes: - First and last name - Email Address - Last 4 digit of credit card OR PayPal transaction ID"

I responded to the email providing the details they asked for and then got no response. So I then opened another ticket saying that I need to change my UserID and again provided the security details they asked for and got the following response:

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

A player can now have the UserID on their account changed. In order to complete this change, a player must contact Customer Support and be able to verify their account. Often, this type of change is requested maliciously in an effort to steal an account, so the utmost security is in place to ensure the security of each player's account information.

Once the account has been verified, a player will be able to work with Customer Support to make updates to the account information. It is a good idea to have a few UserID options ready prior to contacting Customer Support. This ensures that you leave the interaction with an acceptable UserID (in case your first choice is already taken). Please keep the following in mind when selecting a new UserID:

The UserID will be shared with other players in-game.
Must contain 3 to 20 characters and start with a letter.
May contain alphanumeric [a-z, A-Z, 0-9] characters. Each character can repeat no more than 3 times
A single period, hyphen, apostrophe, and underscore are allowed.
UserID cannot start or end with symbols.
UserID cannot contain spaces."

This still does not explain how I change my UserID!! They keep saying I need to contact customer support to do this but every time I do I get one of these copy and paste emails telling me to contact customer support!

Has anyone been able to change their UserID? Because contacting customer support is getting me nowhere.
  • mithrrilb14_ESO
    I had a similar issue. I contact them a day or so ago about it and they sent me essentially the same message but said it would be forwarded to a tech person or some such. But I've heard nothing back yet at all.
  • Ecian
    Ecian
    We are trying to get my wife's USERID changed. We supplied the information after a couple of emails to a certain person and then were told we were being sent to Accounts and Billing. From there we got the standard answer email. I feel like the original poster and I think I'm about to run in circles. Anyone tried to call customer support and do this over the phone?
  • Gweniver
    Gweniver
    Soul Shriven
    I didn't have any issues with this.

After I submitted a support ticket to have my forum username and @ name changed, I received an e-mail asking for my security question answer. After I provided this I received an e-mail mentioning that everything had been taken care of.

Took about 24 hours overall for the request.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now that the game has gone subsciptionless, I wonder how they are going to verify the account?

There are 4 options (or which a person has to answer two):
    Answer to secret question
    Last 4 of credit card number
    Paypal invoice id
    and Gametime code

But if a person has never subscribed, three of the four are not applicable.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    So now that the game has gone subsciptionless, I wonder how they are going to verify the account?

There are 4 options (or which a person has to answer two):
    Answer to secret question
    Last 4 of credit card number
    Paypal invoice id
    and Gametime code

But if a person has never subscribed, three of the four are not applicable.

With the transition in business models, our support team has also updated the account verification process. If you run into an issue that requires account verification, our team will be happy to assist you, even if you have never been an ESO Plus member or made a purchase from our site.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • simchef
    simchef
    You still need to sign up