Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Your guild when leader leaves game?

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
So say im in a guild and the guild leader just drops off from the planet and his sub runs out. What happens to that guild?

Or say i start a guild and as guild leader i dont pay my sub. What happens to my guild and its members??

Best Answer

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done this in the Beta. The next highest position simply gets promoted to guildmaster, or if there is no one else in the guild, the guild is simply disbanded. This may have changed in the retail release, but that's doubtful, especially considering this is the same thing other games do.

I do not know what would happen if you skipped a few subscription payments, but I would think in that case the guild would continue on as is, just as it would while you were logged off.
    Edited by Marginis on April 6, 2014 5:48AM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • tarvokb14a_ESO
    tarvokb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we know the answer to that question yet; it'd be nice to get an answer from Zenimax on that.

My guess would be that the group goes leaderless. If any of the second tier members has sufficient access, they can continue running the guild... but I suspect a guild leader that just drops off the planet orphans their guild.