The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zos and phone support

randomaffliction66
randomaffliction66
✭✭✭
why aren't we able to call you guys, Why is it we have to list our number so you can call us?

For a company such as this I don't see that as being very professional!
Brave New World.
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMO companies in general are going to this model. Even Blizzard went to this model. There are GOOD reasons for it:

1) In Blizzard's case, a LOT of people were calling with things that phone support couldn't help with, thus creating LONG queue times for people with legitimate billing or tech support issues.

2) These long queue times were particularly causing issues for people with cell phones.

Now, Zenimax never had a call-in system, so we don't know how it would've affected them, but in Blizzard's case their hold times dropped overnight from 2-3 hours to 15-20 minutes, because callbacks can only be scheduled for things phone support can help with.

I personally really like this. If I have an issue where I need to talk to billing on the phone, I can put in a callback and just wait for my phone to ring, rather than having to sit on hold for an hour. It makes perfect sense.
  • Quidel
    Quidel
    um, after my 1st callback on day 1 of early release i saved the number they called from. i can call it and get them but the last time i called them i sat on hold for over 4 hours before they picked up, but it said the wait would only but a little over an hour....lol. so you can call them, and it is faster than having them call you. since i only just got my last call back almost 7 days later from them.
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree queue times suck, how ever you have them with every thing, wether it's waiting four hours on the phone to talk to some one, or waiting a week to get an email.

Personally I prefer speaking with people over getting generic copy and paste emails a week to two week after I requested help.

I also do not like giving out my number, on websites. And I also know that most of the companies are switching ot this how ever I don't see a logical reason behind it, short of cutting out jobs which is in fact the only reason no matter what they say lol
    Brave New World.
  • Quidel
    Quidel
    i just wish they would help me, since Sun. 8am is soooo close now. I'v yet to be able to log in once even since 5 day early access started. and so far the best there Techs came up with was to tell me that because the game has officially launched all my problems should be fixed. therefore if i have any new problems i can start a brand new ticket with them. starting to loose interest in this game, and i'v never even seen the character screen.
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    Quidel wrote: »
    i just wish they would help me, since Sun. 8am is soooo close now. I'v yet to be able to log in once even since 5 day early access started. and so far the best there Techs came up with was to tell me that because the game has officially launched all my problems should be fixed. therefore if i have any new problems i can start a brand new ticket with them. starting to loose interest in this game, and i'v never even seen the character screen.

Cool you an call them, how about they list a number that's what my post is about. As for you not being able to log in, what error are you getting lol
    Brave New World.
  • Quidel
    Quidel
    no error, i hit the play button and the crash report pops up and says ESO has stopped working. and can't bypass through ESO.EXE either. and i'm not great with all the tech talk, so if they would call and walk me through the fixs....maybe i would get to play. and if it works i would love to know why it took 7 days for them to call me for a simple fix.....lol
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    They do have phone support. But seems like only if your problem is big enough they send you an email with the number. Although you still seem to wait hours to get through
  • Midgardian
    Midgardian
    ✭✭✭
    no error, i hit the play button and the crash report pops up and says ESO has stopped working. and can't bypass through ESO.EXE either. and i'm not great with all the tech talk, so if they would call and walk me through the fixs....maybe i would get to play. and if it works i would love to know why it took 7 days for them to call me for a simple fix.....lol

I've had the same problem for a while. It worked for me for two beta sessions, and then in the third beta I was in, suddenly started doing this "ESO has stopped working thing."

When did the game start doing this for you? I've heard that if it started more recently (perhaps with official launch), one fix could be disabling Webroot SecureAnywhere. Just search to see if you have that program, and turn it off. It didn't work for me, but maybe it will for you.
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    Mission wrote: »
    They do have phone support. But seems like only if your problem is big enough they send you an email with the number. Although you still seem to wait hours to get through

That's not the point....
    Why do I have to email them to get a phone number, ( I never saw this option I had to give them my number and an a message describing the problem) for a call back

Customer support, is customer support I shouldn't' have to list a reason at all I should be able to find an umber call them, and hear " This is blah blah tech support, whats your problem" you may not be able to understand why this bothers me and that's cool because you probably never will
    Brave New World.
  • AmanitaMuscaria
    ZOS has no clue what online game customer support needs.
    Support your local bartender helping ugly people getting laid.
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying its logical, just saying they do have a support line. Which sucks, cause I've called several times and after being put on hold for at least an hour, get hung up on
  • ZOS_JordanH
    Greetings, all. If you'd like to receive support over the phone, you can visit our Support page and click the "Phone" button on the menu on the right side of the page. After entering your information and submitting the form, you will receive a call back from our Support Team as soon as possible.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • altec812
    altec812
    Greetings, all. If you'd like to receive support over the phone, you can visit our Support page and click the "Phone" button on the menu on the right side of the page. After entering your information and submitting the form, you will receive a call back from our Support Team as soon as possible.
    ZoS ARE YOU SERIOUS....ARE YOU ALL EVEN READING THE THREADS....WE KNOW THAT!!!!!!!
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how to respond to this..
    but it's okay, because i guess customer support isn't necessary, oh wait a min... for a second their I forgot I was the Paying customer who just got rofl stomped by a gm that half read a comment lol :)
    Brave New World.
  • Quidel
    Quidel
    Midgardian wrote: »

I've had the same problem for a while. It worked for me for two beta sessions, and then in the third beta I was in, suddenly started doing this "ESO has stopped working thing."

When did the game start doing this for you? I've heard that if it started more recently (perhaps with official launch), one fix could be disabling Webroot SecureAnywhere. Just search to see if you have that program, and turn it off. It didn't work for me, but maybe it will for you.

checked and i don't think i have webroot, also i'v had this problem since the 1st min. of 5 day early access. have never once been able to log in or play yet. thats almost 7 days with no help from support. although i have been getting helped by a ZOS person on here. so between my ticket and my calls to them and the help for ZOS person my ticket was elavated 8 times, put as priority 6 times and 7 days later blown off with generic email that answered nothing.

but the ZOS person is still trying to help me, so a little good luck.
    Edited by Quidel on April 6, 2014 1:29AM
  • randomaffliction66
    randomaffliction66
    ✭✭✭
    Midgardian wrote: »

checked and i don't think i have webroot, also i'v had this problem since the 1st min. of 5 day early access. have never once been able to log in or play yet.

What??? how does this even apply.. I just.... lol what....
    Brave New World.