Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I feel like PvE is just a lot of padding to stall you for the PvP payoff

• elder42
    elder42
    circilion wrote: »
    If you wanted a game that you just show up and fight I recommend Call of Duty.
    Someone's already tried recommending me an FPS piece of trash that requires 0 coordination or effort, that isn't what I'm after.
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    elder42 wrote: »
    circilion wrote: »
    If you wanted a game that you just show up and fight I recommend Call of Duty.
    Someone's already tried recommending me an FPS piece of trash that requires 0 coordination or effort, that isn't what I'm after.

haha, yea I'm in the same boat, I can't stand FPS. I guess just grin and bear the PvE while you level. I wouldn't blast through it if you could help it though, a ton of these quests have Skill point rewards.

Those guys that ground their way to 50 have broken characters now In my opinion.

>:)
  • VertigoTX
    VertigoTX
    I completely disagree with the OP. I find the PVE is engaging and fun. It often has a great story line to go with it.

PVP... the scaling works. In my experience so far, we are able to go be competitive and contribute to the war effort at level 10. Will we be better at native 50? Yes, but we are in no way a hindrance. I wouldn't consider myself a highly skilled player, and I've bested enemies while being level 12.

As with most things in life, I find this to be a "glass half full" vs "glass half empty" situation. It is what you make of it. You seem to have ruined your lemons, while I am sipping lemonade. To each their own I guess...

Good luck. I hope you find what you are seeking.
    Edited by VertigoTX on April 6, 2014 3:15PM
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    I think the scaling is garbage, it doesn't allow any builds that aren't based on burst dmg and healing.

For instance if you try to use spiked armor, the skill levels up with you to lvl 50, however you don't actually get the armor buff when you use it. So you really don't have any avenues to stay alive unless your damage is high enough. I think SWTOR had it better with their scaling since your stats and all the skills that leveled up with you actually worked.
  • Sirmati
    Sirmati
    Yeah, you get scaled to 50 stat-wise for PvP, but you're still missing out on all those skills. PvE feels extremely bloated, boring and repetitive, PvP actually looks fun, but in order to do PvP properly I need to be level 50 with PvE in order to have full access to all of my skills.

U are so wrong... For best example. Today i kill two 50 levels in 1v1 combat my 28 level character...
    Edited by Sirmati on April 6, 2014 9:07PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not able to start with PvP today either, its high on my todo list however I have so much else to do in the game :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • reignfyre
    reignfyre
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno maybe you should be playing Battlefield 4 or TF2 or DOTA2 or something. RPG's are probably not your thing.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you get scaled to 50 stat-wise for PvP, but you're still missing out on all those skills. PvE feels extremely bloated, boring and repetitive, PvP actually looks fun, but in order to do PvP properly I need to be level 50 with PvE in order to have full access to all of my skills.

Am I missing something here? Been in PVP since lvl 25 with no problems at all, I can zerg, 1v1, all of it without much of a problem. Waiting to level 50 is definitely not required.

Allow cross-platform transfers and merges