Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Still no exp from monsters in dungeons

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they make dungeons like Blizzard did, then nobody will quest. I honestly hope that they keep the xp at those 3. People shouldn't go to dungeons to level up, but to finish a quest line and story elements.

MMO´s never were only about dungeons, look at Ultima so much happened in towns or before the gates of them and in the wilderness. Dungeons only became popular due Blizzards idea of "hey, running the same map all week is fun - no?".

I don't understand why players only care about being the fastest and best, just enjoy the story and do the quest´s. A dungeon is always the same, its boring really.

If dungeons are buffed the open world dies, this cant be the intention of ZO. They put so much work into the story, the NPC´s the quest´s and factions - this is all obsolete if dungeons are the main part of the game.

Look at wow, the open world is dead if you play the game you run around for hours not meeting anyone. :(
    Alienating players who like to group up in mmos may not be the wisest course of action.

Have you grouped up at wow recently? Are you really telling me that this is fun? To queue up, run a dungeon, queue up run another, queue up run another and in the meantime you met 12 different people that didn't speak, might stole loot or went agro with their dps meters.

Grouping should be based on free will and not on "I must do this now to gain xp". If you really want to group then you don't care about the xp nerf. You will play for the group atmosphere and not the xp.
    Edited by Audigy on April 5, 2014 9:50PM
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I don't understand why players only care about being the fastest and best, just enjoy the story and do the quest´s.

Why take things to extremes like this? Complete waste of time...
    Ever think of variety? Or playing with friends? What if people simply enjoy group challenges? You are being very obtuse about this...

This isn't about making them the fastest or the best, just not a complete waste of time in terms of exp. This may come as a shock, but wandering around beating up on easy quests is boring for some people. Especially those who enjoy grouping up with others. You know, people who play massively multiplayer online games.
    Audigy wrote: »
    Grouping should be based on free will and not on "I must do this now to gain xp".

So should questing. You have a big double standard going. This is also not WoW, we are on the same server, that's a big difference. I have no idea why you are making so many, wild, baseless assumptions about what will happen.

How about questing should be for fun and lore and atmosphere and shouldn't give exp either? That's nonsense, as is your argument.

It's ridiculous dungeons don't give exp. What's the deal with people insisting solo, easy content being the only way to level up? A segment of this community is kind of insane with how it tries to police how everyone plays. This is absurd.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 6, 2014 12:40AM
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    Folks, this game is unlike most others on the market today. The system works, you just need to adapt to it. If you cannot, then that is your loss. I am sorry.

You are aware that the majority of MMO players nowadays will not adapt but simply go back to WoW, right? Sure, you dont care when your megaserver slowly dries out, patches come less frequently due to less sub revenue and and the game, at some point, isnt fun anymore because everything lacks.

Adapting. Pfft. It does not work this way anymore. Leveling is a forced timesink in order to buy time to create endgame content that is not yet implemented. This is what's happening right now. Problem is, however, if there is no endgame content, people leave. If there is plenty but it takes ages to reach it, people leave.

Leveling should only function as a tutorial, to get you a feel how the game works. I still dont understand why developers try so hard by creating a loooooong leveling process and experience which always ends up in stereo typical quest chains. I hate it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed @neocomab16_ESO. The whole "you need to adapt" angle is a very short sighted argument in this case as well.

My friends and I want to play together and level up. Apparently, we are supposed to adapt by not playing together and solo. Because that makes sense.

I imagine most people would like to quest, and when friends are available, run a couple of dungeons. Somehow, this game decided that was bad. It's a mind boggling bad move.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 6, 2014 12:00PM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yae makes ZERO sense for the GROUP dungeons to do this since all other dungeon types give xp, and infact often give tons of xp.

EG: Sanguines in Shadowfen (Public dungeon with group diffculty): I gained over 2 levels here quite fast. It has TONS of mobs that all give 110-200 xp a pop in large groups of 5-7. With equal leveled short quests only giving 1300 xp, it's actaully more effecient do this dungeon.

Yet do an equivalent lvld group dungeon? 2-4 xp per regular kill. Bosses give maybe 100-200. Makes no sense.

Also the penalty for grouping is ***. Only tested moderately, but everything I seen is bad:
    - Equal leveld groups split xp. (Versus if the same players played together ungrouped everyone would get 100% full xp as long as they tag a mob)
    - Load screen mentions a 10% bonus, but Im pretty sure that applies in the worst possible way, so if a mob gives 100xp, 2 players could get 50% or 60% with +10% = 60 xp. But instead it just gives 100 xp *1.1 = 110/2 = 55 xp each.
    -Really groups of all sizes should be heavily encouraged. I'd personally set the xp to be just 100% since that can be replicated with careful play anyways. But at the bare minimum it should be: 75% for 2 players, 66% for 3, and 60% for 4 or more.

Essentially right now the best way to player with a friend is ungrouped to get more xp, thats pretty stupid.

Also, if you aren't the same level.. Things get really dumb:
    -more then 5 lvls apart? NO ONE GETS XP. Not even the higher lvl guys. 0 xp for all. Even if both players are withing a lvl to get full xp from a mob (Say a 20 and 26 fighting a lvl25 mob).
    -within the 5 lvls there might be a penalty for being different lvls, not tested.

(This stuff has no impact on quest xp luckily)
    Edited by Axer on April 6, 2014 11:54AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people feel it necessary to force others to think the way they do? Why do we feel the need to back up our opinions with absolutes that we aren't sure exist, but we use as convenience to give our arguments support?

I respect the opinion of needing/wanting more XP from dungeons! I'm indifferent about it, I suppose, but as I told @Gohlar earlier, I wouldn't argue with it. But by trying to force someone to feel the way you do about the game (for or against a change) is only going to make the other person resent you and then nothing productive or constructive comes from it.

Why do people feel so threatened when someone they don't know and will likely never meet disagrees with them?
    Gohlar wrote: »
    The whole "you need to adapt" angle is a very short sighted argument in this case as well.

I agree with this personally. I think telling a player they need to just suck it up and accept things and write it off as 'that's just the way it is' is putting up a synthetic wall where there isn't one. A great deal of changes that will come to this game (as well as ones in both the weekend Beta as well as the PTS) will come from player suggestions, comments and threads like this.

On the other hand, saying players will not adapt, and the "majority" will leave and "go back to WoW", may be a bit presumptuous. I think the gaming community may be a bit more resilient than some may think.

We all encounter a lot of players in the games we play, I guess that goes without saying, but a very, VERY small fraction of the gaming community will ever say anything (especially here) about how they feel about the game, what they feel needs to be changed and such. On top of that, many of the ones who are actually enjoying the game for what it is will be.. well, out there enjoying the game.

We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Syrrisdevlin
    Syrrisdevlin
    ✭✭
    well the little exp gain from dungeons is news to me but you know there's other things as well I too play a healer/tank and do I regret running BC 15-20 times now that I know I was gaining Poop EXP for it not really cause I came out with some nice gear and a lot of extra gear and items for selling, crafting and what ever. Will I continue to do this now that I know the exp is poop yes more then likely why because I like them and now that I know this I know that I can run said dungeon 100times if I want with out having to worry about out lvling it and when im ready I can just go do some quests to get lvls for the next dungeon, plus there's decent items to be had and well I don't care much to race to the end of the game. hell I spent like 7years or more playing EQ and still only had a handful of max lvl chars same with wow even less max lvl chars in wow because of all the extra stuff to do and collect. do I lose out on not being one to rush yeah some times I miss out on bugs, glitches, prenerfs or cheap/ easy end game gear cause players don't know what its worth in the beginning but meh I like my games to last and get my moneys worth in play time. Ive still got games Ive had for years and not beaten so take my time and be the best. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Edited by Syrrisdevlin on April 6, 2014 1:21PM
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Akuza wrote: »
    My password will not let me log in. Its correct on the web site but game will not take it. i do not have the caplocks on either. You guys have alot of bugs in this game that should have been worked out before the launch. I was a beta tester and there are more bugs out of beta than in beta. This game has many flaws the good points dont out weigh the bad ones. I am 48 years young i have been a gamer since the original D and D books you seem to collect data from non gamers to implement into your game. So i will help you. I'm a closet gamer i own a million dollar company which i will not mention. You are missing the Key ingredient which is .

1. in battle who the hell wants to stop and press m to look at a map that blocks the screen make a HUD display Dammit the more HUD items we have the better !!
    2. The loser you hired that said in the meeting but i want them to see all the graphic details we put into the game not cluttered by a bunch of icons. FIRE HIM !!! We are in battle we want Function not Flare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3. The more icon buttons we have the happier we are. buttons on screen is what makes you learn your toons fighting style. you offer is a pre set number for less than the fight abilities we have how stupid is that? fire the guy that decided that.
    4. Q for the spin bar to heal,stam,food,potion... who the hell dreamed up this? i'll tell you who a NON GAMER !.... when we are in battle do you think we have time to press Q and rotate a damn bar then select what we want to use then press Q? and oh.. BTW while you were selecting that you were ass *** by your enemy.
    5. PVP guards... really? you made is so a level 10 can kill a level 50 guard? Why? the object for the PVP area is to make it hard so that you force people to group up and take on the guards that are a true level 50.
    6. Your going to lose 50% of your accounts due to Questing. YES questing !.... you have dropped so much time and effort into your questing that your fail to see the simple fact that... Males like to kill *** !.. Making pull areas to kill mobs to level rather than quest is a good idea.
    7. Bags. this was a cluster ***..Fire the guy who thought he needed to make all the items you picked up count as 1 so the bags are full in the 1st 30 sec of game play and no way we want to destroy or sell items we need.

In conclusion If you really want to make the game capture your target you need to take a deep look into the game mechanics of the ultimate on line game which is Dark Age Of Camelot. My guild help the top PVP slot for 5 years YES !! 5 years of the 7 years i played it. Not just think how happy you would be to capture the attention of your subscribers for 10 years !

Get your *** together !

You're deviating from what this post is about, for one.

But with your indestructible knowledge of what a game should be like, it sounds to me like you now have a new way to invest the profits of your million dollar company.

Edited by Xezzu on April 6, 2014 1:26PM
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.