Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Doshia.......the most frustrating boss ever!!

Najoxx
Najoxx
Soul Shriven
unless you can spam AEO attacks when the orbs appear, its so hard to point at them and hit them before she catches one of them which is enough to heal her

this is the most frustrating boss fight i had in 10 years, since its relies purely on how quickly you can move your mouse around and point at those tiny objects in this awkward UI

i am about to leave the game because of this frustrating boss!!!
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    I would look for suggestions for your class rather than putting up a rant. I for one finished her off with no aoe target attacks on a sorc. First make sure that you have your gear at correct levels. Underleveled gear will really hurt you in this. I went and dps'ed her down to her transformation then kept circle strafing. I popped overload and started beating her down. She popped out her feast orbs which I destroyed with a hit per orb, which also healed me. I won't swear to it but I think if you are farther back the orbs start farther back. Wasn't a hard fight once I got the orb tactic, but it would probably be impossible if undergeared and underleveled.
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    UI is fine, you CAN Tab Target mobs, just so you know. Kite her away from where you start the fight, that helps, know WHEN the orbs are gonna spawn, as they do so at a very regular interval. Whack/Zap her, listen for the getting ready to spawn sound, then take them out one by one, then get back onto her to whack/zap.

Not a hard fight, just need to be active in your combat.

This isn't WoW/Rift/EQ2 where you can just target boss and ignore anything else going on. ACTIVE COMBAT means just that.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you could really use a decent AoE for that boss - I used the sorc overload.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Najoxx
    Najoxx
    Soul Shriven
    I know AEO does the job, but for a non AOE build, it is ultra frustrating and tab target / run / attack is not fast enough to catch them all before her

active combat is great, but the mechanics of this boss are horrible, either spawn less orbs or make it that she needs the 5 to fully heal, as is, it is simply ultra frustrating!
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're having real difficulty, leave and then come back when you have gained a few levels.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well...wait until you meet some of the other bosses :)
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it without AOE, without a heal and without a single ranged attack. Two times on the first try.

Not sure what is supposed to be frustrating.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Really? She's easy peasy. I've beaten her multiple times with multiple different classes.
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    There are some threads already about Doshia. There are multiple tactical options.

Most of it boils down to...sorry to say...skill. Get some training in the game.

We want hard bosses, don't we? Please do not cry to much otherwise they will nerf everything like in every other damn game.
  • Najoxx
    Najoxx
    Soul Shriven
    Yshaar wrote: »
    There are some threads already about Doshia. There are multiple tactical options.

Most of it boils down to...sorry to say...skill. Get some training in the game.

We want hard bosses, don't we? Please do not cry to much otherwise they will nerf everything like in every other damn game.

the first reply that i see which is constructive, Yshaar, I agree with you that we want challenging mobs otherwise, the game is not fun, but as i said, they could have done it differently so it is not that frustrating and I doubt they will change it if I find it frustrating, since most people posting find it easy :smiley:
  • FlameStar
    FlameStar
    ✭✭✭
    I waited till I was lv 11 till I could finally beat her. My AOE attack wasn't particularly effective anyway.. but I was sooo relieved when I finally beat her. I kinda wish they would make it so that the orbs don't heal her so much.
  • Zoltariel
    Zoltariel
    ✭✭✭
    I picked the orbs off one by one on my Dragonknight tank. It can be done and I actually even missed a orb each time. You can do it. :D
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    If you're having real difficulty, leave and then come back when you have gained a few levels.

That's exactly what I will do. I don't have enough skill. I am not patient enough to get better. I KNOW that. I know my own weakness. So I just give up for the moment, will level up a little bit and try again later.

I tried to kill Doshia 3 times before I gave up. The first time I just ignored the orbs because I didn't fully register their existence(I am good at ignoring/overlooking obvious stuff like that*lol*). The other 2 times I tried to kill all the orbs but my character got stuck on some objects when I tried to get near them :| That's the only thing that really annoyed me. That my character always gets stuck and can't move freely.

I like the fact that they added difficult bosses or boss fights where you actually need to think about your tactic. But please - let me move freely...give me a bit more space. I hate narrow places. Especially when they are full of objects who are in the way.
    ~ ♥ ~
  • Najoxx
    Najoxx
    Soul Shriven
    Myrdreth wrote: »
    Inversus wrote: »

That's exactly what I will do. I don't have enough skill. I am not patient enough to get better. I KNOW that. I know my own weakness. So I just give up for the moment, will level up a little bit and try again later.

I tried to kill Doshia 3 times before I gave up. The first time I just ignored the orbs because I didn't fully register their existence(I am good at ignoring/overlooking obvious stuff like that*lol*). The other 2 times I tried to kill all the orbs but my character got stuck on some objects when I tried to get near them :| That's the only thing that really annoyed me. That my character always gets stuck and can't move freely.

I like the fact that they added difficult bosses or boss fights where you actually need to think about your tactic. But please - let me move freely...give me a bit more space. I hate narrow places. Especially when they are full of objects who are in the way.

i am glad to see that i am not the only one who had difficulty with her :smile:
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I beat her easily in beta with a DK archer using the knockdowns. But my Sorc tank is having some trouble atm. (always seem to miss an orb) ..So, thanks for the advice in this thread. Guess I'll pop a level and grab an aoe ;)

*edit* Is she immune to Silver Bolts, she is Daedra correct? ..they didn't seem to do much.
    Edited by Greydog on April 5, 2014 12:28PM
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • YuccaPalm
    YuccaPalm
    ✭✭✭
    If even this boss is too hard for you please leave the game already. People like you are the reason every game gets casualized.
    Edited by YuccaPalm on April 5, 2014 12:50PM
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've beaten her 3 times with multiple builds, from ranged dps to melee tank, I have never had an issue with her, I can't even see how it's supposed to be frustrating...

Those 3 imps before her, how ever, now those little jerk offs can rot in hell, I have died to them more times than I'm willing to admit....
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »
    I beat her easily in beta with a DK archer using the knockdowns. But my Sorc tank is having some trouble atm. (always seem to miss an orb) ..So, thanks for the advice in this thread. Guess I'll pop a level and grab an aoe ;)

*edit* Is she immune to Silver Bolts, she is Daedra correct? ..they didn't seem to do much.

In other threads people have sworn by the Silver Bolts.

• Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    So I have some tips for you that are having difficulties with the boss:

1. Remember that the orbs heal you or Doshia, whoever gets them first, so your prime objective should be to get those orbs, they are a one hit with a good bow, any close combat weapon or a destruction staff. There are always 4 of these. Get them all.
    2. As they heal you, do not care about dodging any of her abilities. Her attacks are magic so, do not care about armor that much.
    3. Always hit her hard after collecting the orbs.
    4. Sneak up on her (CTRL) and give her a heavy hit up front from sneaky back.
    5. Always try to dot her with your abilities
    6. Drag her away from the spawning orbs, afterwards run past her and hit the orbs.
    7. If she gets one or two orbs, do not worry, let her heal up...just concentrate and continue, this is a long fight.
    8. Died 3 times? Ha, thats nothing. Die 10 times, change your weapon, your spells, your tactics...one will work better than another. Die another 10 times and in the end kill her. You will feel heroic. I promise.

Any more questions, go ahead!

@Myrdreth : if you have problems to move freely, try to drag her away a bit, to give you more room (depends where you fight her). Always jump over obstacles. Moving in this game is not always easy, you are in the beginning of your journey, so much more to learn and get used to. Don't worry, it will get better :)
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taaltos wrote: »
    In other threads people have sworn by the Silver Bolts.

I know, that's why I picked it up before I went in. It's most probably the orbs I'm missing negating any damage the bolts are doing. I just need to get better.

Hate the repair bills tho ;)

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never put a point into silver bolts on any character...
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    Yshaar wrote: »
    So I have some tips for you that are having difficulties with the boss:

1. Remember that the orbs heal you or Doshia, whoever gets them first, so your prime objective should be to get those orbs, they are a one hit with a good bow, any close combat weapon or a destruction staff. There are always 4 of these. Get them all.
    2. As they heal you, do not care about dodging any of her abilities. Her attacks are magic so, do not care about armor that much.
    3. Always hit her hard after collecting the orbs.
    4. Sneak up on her (CTRL) and give her a heavy hit up front from sneaky back.
    5. Always try to dot her with your abilities
    6. Drag her away from the spawning orbs, afterwards run past her and hit the orbs.
    7. If she gets one or two orbs, do not worry, let her heal up...just concentrate and continue, this is a long fight.
    8. Died 3 times? Ha, thats nothing. Die 10 times, change your weapon, your spells, your tactics...one will work better than another. Die another 10 times and in the end kill her. You will feel heroic. I promise.

Any more questions, go ahead!

@Myrdreth : if you have problems to move freely, try to drag her away a bit, to give you more room (depends where you fight her). Always jump over obstacles. Moving in this game is not always easy, you are in the beginning of your journey, so much more to learn and get used to. Don't worry, it will get better :)

Feel heroic indeed. I think that's why a lot of people get MMO burnout from other games. They don't get the thrill of actually WORKING to kill a boss, or getting through a hard zone.

The Skinner Box reward does not justify the Skinner Box method.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think they need to allow grouping for those of us who just can't manage this style of fighting. There are plenty of us who have problems with this.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I think a ranged attack with her makes a huge difference. In beta I went after her with a bow and had no problems a fast easy fight. I just finished her and it took about 20 minutes of nearly killing her only to miss an orb or two with my sword and shield combo this time. I had just about reached the point I was going to retreat and switch to my lightning staff except I finally managed to get all 4 orbs and take her down. ::yeah::
    Edited by Alyrn_Grey on April 5, 2014 1:03PM
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    I think this is one of the most satisfying Boss fights I've had in a long time.

I think the pure rage this encounter causes is amusing.

Then again, I love Roguelikes and the challenge of old NES and SNES games that were difficult, frustrating, yet rewarding to beat.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't find her so bad. Or it.. whatever.

Honestly, I found her fun.
  • Jegergryte
    I remember being really frustrated during the beta, but once I actually figured that I should take those orbs it went quickly, second attempt I think - nightblade with no aoe stuff whatsoever.
  • Charwyn
    Charwyn
    ✭✭
    Probably the easiest way to nuke her is the siphoning nightblade with bow.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. You people won't be happy until you remove everything challenging and interesting from this game, will you?

Look at Gutsripper: used to be a good fight, now, he doesn't even seem like a boss at all, just an ordinary clannfear. If you can't kill Doshia at level, come back and do it in two levels. I simply don't understand the mentality of people who find they can't do something at the recommended level in a game and blame the game instead of recognizing that they need to get better.

If you want a game where you can mash your face against the keyboard and win, go play one of the many games designed like that.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Gutsripper is not challenging at all... like he is boring now... Just a normal mob with a few more hit points.