Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone know when the Dark Brotherhood will make its appearance?

Ajay7501
Ajay7501
I have heard different things about the guild. Either its that DB is already present and that you can join or that it hasn't come out yet and never will. I think it will be available for joining on a content update but I was trying to figure out when that might be.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody knows bud.

All we know is that Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild won't be available at release but no idea what timeframe until we do see them.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We can confirm that the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are not currently in The Elder Scrolls Online, but they will be added as joinable guilds later on.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • stryfe82b14a_ESO
    In Deshaan, you meet a female NPC that seems like she's from the Dark Brotherhood. She says something to the effect of, "I work for an agency that finds people and kills them". She helps you along with a quest chain and I gotta say, her armor looks pretty nice.
  • Frawns
    Frawns
    In Deshaan, you meet a female NPC that seems like she's from the Dark Brotherhood. She says something to the effect of, "I work for an agency that finds people and kills them". She helps you along with a quest chain and I gotta say, her armor looks pretty nice.

Nah she's from a.. similar.. group. But yeah I can't wait to join the Dark Brotherhood with my character. I'd prefer to join the guild while I'm leveling him (especially if there's a conversation skill in the skill line) but... better late than never :smile:
    Edited by Frawns on April 13, 2014 7:23PM
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    Frawns wrote: »

Nah she's from a.. similar.. group. But yeah I can't wait to join the Dark Brotherhood with my character. I'd prefer to join the guild while I'm leveling him (especially if there's a conversation skill in the skill line) but... better late than never :smile:

I would rather join that other group that she belongs to than the Dark Brotherhood.

• birdeye
    birdeye
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG is it possible to get a more precise time frame? Many of assumed that it would be in the first content patch is that still true or is coming in a later patch? If it is coming in a later patch when can we expect may, june, july, 2035?
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you were able to see them make an appearance, they wouldn't be the Dark Brotherhood ;)
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    birdeye wrote: »
    @ZOS_AlanG is it possible to get a more precise time frame? Many of assumed that it would be in the first content patch is that still true or is coming in a later patch? If it is coming in a later patch when can we expect may, june, july, 2035?

they can't give you a more precise time frame dude... do you imagine how much rage will be in this forums if they are late?
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They not being in the game from release is too late.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    They not being in the game from release is too late.
    Not really, it will make for some kick butt veteran questing.

• rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Frawns wrote: »

She is from the Moraag Tong. It was an assassin's guild in Morrowind.

Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of disbanded the brotherhood in Morrowind.. with a bow. I can see the Brotherhood being used in PvP zones for assassinate "Mr. Badname' the PC style quests.
  • birdeye
    birdeye
    ✭✭
    birdeye wrote: »

they can't give you a more precise time frame dude... do you imagine how much rage will be in this forums if they are late?

"time frame" if I was asking for exact date it would be one thing but a time frame can anything they want it to be from a few day to few years. Your right though it would case flames on the forums if they didn't meet said time frame. Which is in part the reason I want a time frame they need to be accountable and with the phrase "after release" that means they could add it in after the game has been out for 10 years. If they want to survive as a mmo they need to be accountable to us the paying customers which so far they have not been. They have made several changes that is contrary to what they promised. I'm not here to complain because even with all the bugs its a good game they just need to work on how they treat us their customers as far as information flow.
    Edited by birdeye on April 28, 2014 5:37PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As Assassins and Thieves they will turn up when least expected.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ViciousMink
    ViciousMink
    ✭✭
    As Assassins and Thieves they will turn up when least expected.

Nobody expects the-- wait, what?

• Pantherin
    Pantherin
    ✭✭✭
    My assumption is:

The Justice system has to be in place first.

That is on the way, as well as, being able to kill NPCs, Bounties...ect.

They showed the armor already in the most recent Future of ESO panel...

Using those facts; it wont be much longer.
    Edited by Pantherin on July 24, 2014 7:03PM
    Legends of Tamriel

US Army Retired - (1990-2017)
    Combat Veteran
    Martial Artist - (1990-Present)
  • ssfiit
    ssfiit
    ✭✭✭
    ssfiit | VR14 | High Elf Vampire Pyro-Sorceress | Aldmeri Dominion | NA Server
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ssfiit wrote: »

Ugh, they really couldn't have picked a worse screenshot of her.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Blonde_Ambition93
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    We can confirm that the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are not currently in The Elder Scrolls Online, but they will be added as joinable guilds later on.

NO NO NO!!! D:

Thieves guild sure... but the Dark Brotherhood isn't like either of those, it's alot smaller by comparison, it's nothing but whispers in TES games... until your character joins that is...

I like the mystery.. I like the wonder.. but it's going to be ruined when EVERY SINGLE PLAYER is running around as a member of the Dark Brotherhood.. :neutral_face:
  • Blonde_Ambition93

NO NO NO!!! D:

Thieves guild sure... but the Dark Brotherhood isn't like either of those, it's alot smaller by comparison, it's nothing but whispers in TES games... until your character joins that is...

I like the mystery.. I like the wonder.. but it's going to be ruined when EVERY SINGLE PLAYER is running around as a member of the Dark Brotherhood.. :neutral_face:

AND THEY ALL WILL BE!!
    MARK MY WORDS!!

why not just make the game ftp & have the same game breaking effect... >_>
  • ZOS_MandiParker
    ZOS_MandiParker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody knows bud.

We know.

>:)

Mandi Parker
    Systems Designer
    Staff Post
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody knows bud.

We know.

>:)

Or do you just think You Know??
    (yes I noticed you were staff, but schedules change and all that)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect that it will happen sooner than later. My logic is that you can't hand an Elder Scrolls game to console players without the Thieves Guild and Assassin's guild. It is an expected part of an Elder Scrolls console game. I expect that they will show up by the console release or very shortly after.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    So because I've not yet seen anything official here, and it's of personal interest to me, do we have any news on this or is this one of those "we're saving it for a future DLC release" things?

Confirm or deny? Anything? (anything... anything... anything...)

Yes, I'm necro-ing this post for a reason. I'm sure there's others out there who have the same interest, too.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    No, you cannot know when they will appear. It's their company secret.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you know what i find very interesting about the above cooment ^

is a few things, but most of all i do find the comment very interesting ...
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now the justice system has been crystallized, I would love to see the brotherhood and the thief guild enter the game. I think the best way to do it is with a quest line and a rewardsystem.

Thief: As soon as you sell something to a fence, a questline will start. To evolve in the questline you need to fence more stolen items (e.g. to unlock tier 1 you need to fence stolen items worth 10 gold. The highest tier could be something like 5000 gold). Each time you unlock a tier you unlock a quest to steal something specific. Progression rewards a bonus to loot from locked chests around the world.

Dark brotherhood: As soon you kill an innocent bystander, you get a quest to join. progression is done by killing more non hostiles. Each rank up gives a quest to kill a specific person. for the first rank you need to kill something like 5 people. For the highest tier it is something like 500. A reward would be a decreased bounty timer (so bounty wears off quicker).

On top of that, both lines give you the right to be smuggled to other refugees, even in other campaigns. If you aren't doing silver or gold, you will be treated as fugutive at all time in those lands and you can't do any quests, only pillage and muder
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    180px-Dark_Brotherhood_Note.jpg

Soon TM
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 15, 2015 1:07PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Snusdosan
    Snusdosan
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

Soon TM

The only thing i want to be in Elder Scrolls is an Outlaw, and if i can't then the game is nothing for me... Sadly, since there is no new Single player game of Elder Scrolls this is my only shot at getting to be criminal in a new world. It's still not implemented yet?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snusdosan wrote: »
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

Soon TM

The only thing i want to be in Elder Scrolls is an Outlaw, and if i can't then the game is nothing for me... Sadly, since there is no new Single player game of Elder Scrolls this is my only shot at getting to be criminal in a new world. It's still not implemented yet?
    Outlaw, yes, that's in now. Dark Brotherhood, no, not yet.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp