The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Launcher badly needs work...

chipz88b14_ESO
I received my order of the retail Imperial edition today and thought "Oh goody, a cool book and some useless discs". A short time later I click play on the launcher (that has been open for several days now) and it just changes from play to pause and nothing happens. Huh?

Okay, close the launcher and try again. Now it says install instead of play - why!? Well, nothing else to do, click install. Not enough disk space - free up 60 gigs and try again. Seriously? The game is already using 30 gigs of disk space and it needs an additional 60 for...? Well, I'm installing on a smaller SSD - I can't afford to dedicate 90 gigs of it to be able to patch a game.

So all I can do is uninstall the launcher and blow away the Zenimax folder in program files. And now I'm doing something I haven't done in almost a decade and never thought I'd do again... I'm installing a (online only) game with optical discs. I'm hoping it will be faster than downloading the entire thing again.

Please fix this! It's beyond unreasonable to require 90 gigs of space when nowhere near that is actually used. I and others reported similar bugs during the beta... please fix it already!
  • chipz88b14_ESO
    Well, after poking around the forums a bit while babysitting the install to swap discs, it seems like there are definitely more pressing bugs to deal with that make this seem pretty insignificant. Still... I hope the launcher's egregious demands for disk space does not get swept under the rug entirely.
    Options