The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Not off to a good start guys.

Rsinerb14a_ESO
What is going on with you guys and Amazon? This is absurd. Now what? I had an early entry code so if i go down to GameStop or Buy online and link to that account do I still get my preorder privileges or am i just f'ed on my 2 characters that are raced outside of their faction?

Also, what are the odds my Imp. Edition will ever actually ship from Amazon?

Understand that the deck is stacked against you here Zenimax, we all want you to succeed but this is definitely not the way you are going to do it. I have seen another, very large thread on this with minimal answers, so I'm not too hopeful on seeing a response here.
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    The realm is broken don't sweat it a team of professionals will release a patch soon but you might not be able to log in until they release a patch for that patch got it?
    Options
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a note. Even if the worst happens and you don't get your code in time they won't be deleting your characters.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
    Options
  • Rsinerb14a_ESO
    The realm is broken don't sweat it a team of professionals will release a patch soon but you might not be able to log in until they release a patch for that patch got it?

Not a login issue, its an issue that Amazon oversold their stock and basically screwed the ESO release on their end.

Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats amazon not zenimax's fault. It was also your choice to have a physical copy mailed to you.
    Options
  • spartycus
    spartycus
    ✭✭✭
    Thats amazon not zenimax's fault. It was also your choice to have a physical copy mailed to you.
    LOL don't blame or punish the guy for wanting a physical copy.

Options
  • Rsinerb14a_ESO

I understand that Amazon is the root cause here. But Zenimax should be addressing the issue as it impacts people accessing their service.

Also I fail to see why the blame should be put on me because I preordered a physical copy instead of a digital.
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartycus wrote: »
    Im not, Im just pointing out how its completely not Zenimax's fault and complaining to them won't fix it.
    Options
  • Rsinerb14a_ESO
    Im not, Im just pointing out how its completely not Zenimax's fault and complaining to them won't fix it.
    I honestly don't care about the physical copy box extras. It's neat and it would be cool to set the little molag up next to the alduin statue on my cube but meh. It's the in-game stuff i'm more worried about (ironically? since that's the stuff that doesn't actually exist)
    And since the in game content is probably just a database flag people who are getting bent over by Amazon could easily be helped with something as simple as:
    UPDATE [UserAccounts] SET [Preordered] = 1 WHERE [UserName] LIKE '<usernamegoeshere>'

UPDATE [UserAccounts] SET [ImperialEdition] = 1 WHERE [UserName] LIKE '<usernamegoeshere>
    Options
  • Rsinerb14a_ESO
    I honestly don't care about the physical copy box extras. It's neat and it would be cool to set the little molag up next to the alduin statue on my cube but meh. It's the in-game stuff i'm more worried about (ironically? since that's the stuff that doesn't actually exist)
    And since the in game content is probably just a database flag people who are getting bent over by Amazon could easily be helped with something as simple as:
    UPDATE [UserAccounts] SET [Preordered] = 1 WHERE [UserName] LIKE '<usernamegoeshere>'

UPDATE [UserAccounts] SET [ImperialEdition] = 1 WHERE [UserName] LIKE '<usernamegoeshere>

Yes I know my SQL is pretty crappy, I'm aware.
    Options
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is Amazons fault, game publishers need to get tougher on companies that screw the consumer, I think it's Gamestop that has also been naughty only giving 3 day early access for the collectors edition

Game publishers need to say these practices stop now or those companies will be boycotted for all future releases.

So yes it's Amazon etc fault, but publishers can still choose whether or not to supply them.
    Options
  • Rsinerb14a_ESO
    Well one thing is for certain, this will be the last time I order anything from Amazon for a long time. Especially since the best their CSR could do was say "Wow, yeah that does suck. Would you like a whole $5 credit?"
    Options