The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Low FPS while playing with a GTX 760

• melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    same issue here.

i5 4670 @ 3.8 ghz
    gtx 770 2g
    8g ram
    eso on ssd

everywhere except city's the game runs at 60 fps (capped) on ultra with everything maxed.

but in city's and cyrodil its a big mess (even when in city's im not even looking at a bunch of players)

wich is kind of frustrating is this is a new computer ( so no malware or anything)
    Options
  • dcyoumans9257
    To those with unexpectedly low fps (like me) - look at your per core cpu usage. Yes, I understand, your total CPU usage is low. But I am willing to wager that your first or second core is at 100 percent - and the others are sitting idle. Same as Arma3. No fix, a few palliative solutions, but I have an i7 3770k overclocked to 4.2 - and I still have CPU bottleneck. No solution. Core parking doesn't fix. It simply is poor coding for multi core processors. You can see per core usage by opening up Resource Monitor in the task manager under the performance tab.
    Options
  • D34thly
    D34thly
    ✭✭
    On my 8350 I get three cores around 80-100% ussage others are all idle.
    Blacklist DC NA
    Iron Lotus DC NA
    Options
  • sociald100ub17_ESO
    vital1989 wrote: »
    The most recent NVidia drivers do address some issues with 700 and 700 series cards. I have a GTX 660oc and I don't have a problem and that's on ultra. 50-67 frames outside 27-50 in the city and generally 25-40 in big pvp.
    I would clean install the drivers if you have a problem and have the 700 and 800 cards. I also haven't used AMD vid in quite awhile so no answer there.
    27-50 in town 25-
    40 in big pvp And you say u dont have problem?lol this is crap fps tbh

All that matters to ME is is it playable. im not a frame rate epeen princess like some people. I don't care if the thing says 5 frames if its playable.
    I can run around in pvp on ultra had have very little latency to what I do and have virtually none anywhere else.

Edited by sociald100ub17_ESO on April 30, 2014 8:39PM
    Options
  • cbrons
    cbrons
    melodeath wrote: »
    same issue here.

i5 4670 @ 3.8 ghz
    gtx 770 2g
    8g ram
    eso on ssd

everywhere except city's the game runs at 60 fps (capped) on ultra with everything maxed.

but in city's and cyrodil its a big mess (even when in city's im not even looking at a bunch of players)

wich is kind of frustrating is this is a new computer ( so no malware or anything)

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2138500/fps-drops-multiplayer-due-processor-limitations.html

I made that on TH because ESO support was useless in offering any suggestions, but overall I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do. The game seems very poorly optimized. This is what GossiTheDog said on another thread on these forums:

GossiTheDog ✭✭✭✭
    3:52AM
    It's the game engine. Zenimax engine spawns 32 threads across your CPU cores. Unfortunately thread 0, which is needed to render graphics on screen, always runs on one core and does 95% of the work. As a result, when you're in PVP and you are near 100s of players, the game slows to a crawl.

You can test this yourself by opening task manager, go to CPU, set it to one graph per CPU (right click), then set always show on top from menu and place it on your screen. Go to PVP. You will see almost all usage on one core. Even in PVP near big battle if you look up at the sky (so no graphs rendering), you will get 20fps.

I had a good look at the engine and basically, it dates back 6 years and was designed for dual core CPUs. People don't really use dual core CPUs now. The problem is it scales terribly. If you look at something like Battlefield 3 or 4 you will see during those big battles, all the CPU cores are used to distribute load.
    Options
  • denicolad16_ESO
    Here are the some steps you can take to get better frame rates.

1. Update all your Nvidia drivers
    2. Set your monitor to the native resolution (WITHIN THE GAME)
    3. Turn off AA and lower the games settings to minimum. Then work your way up.
    4. Defrag your HD (yes it contributes) Those of you with SSD never defrag. It can damage the drive.
    5. When the game is running check the percentage load that your GPU and CPU is utilizing. If the CPU is higher than GPU and you have low fps than your CPU is bottlenecking.
    6. Download CPU-Z and check that your ram timings are set right. Because the ram says its 1333 doesn't mean it is running at 1333.
    7. Turn off any non critical applications including any AV software.
    8. Disable windows aero
    9. If you are using Nvidia go into the Nvidia 3D settings and disable/set everything to low.

Hope these steps help those of you with FPS issues.
    Options
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with denicolad16_ESO. I would add that I run ESO on a high level computer (SSD, GTX970, Phenom-IIx4-970, 8Gb RAM, optic cable HS HD internet. I get horrible lags and poor fps due to ESO servers and other internet links getting data to and from the servers. I think most of the problem is load. When the internet pathways you are using get overloaded, or are not the best high-end equipment, you get lag and poor fps. ESO is also a demanding game, my computer often warns me that "high memory usage by ESO." BTW my fps on a heavily modded HD version of Skyrim is 90 fps, and ESO usually runs at 60 fps.
    Options