The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lockpicks where do I buy them please?

Glithanes
Glithanes
✭✭
Lockpicks where do I buy them please?
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    they are everywhere! I have so many just search everything! also general vendors sell them
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    You find them in people's night stands and wardrobes. But the general merchant also sells them.
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there are some merchants who sell them as well. They are like 9g each I believe.

Cas
  • OcarinaBlue
    OcarinaBlue
    Soul Shriven
    Where do you buy them in ebonheart?
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do you buy them in ebonheart?

Find anyone labeled as just "Merchant". Not a blacksmith, not a clothier, but a Merchant. There should be some in each major city, and sometimes found wandering the wilderness.

In Stonefalls, there should be one on the western side of the first starting city where a lot of other non-crafting merchants are.
  • CALLMEQUINCY
    CALLMEQUINCY
    Soul Shriven
    @OcarinaBlue lockpicks can be bought at The Ebony Flask in Ebonheart
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    if you do the tutorial quest, is almost easy to find one in each URN you search. otherwise general merchant they may sell it.
    you don't need so many anyway, after you've seen a youtube tutorial that show how too lockpick, at least if there are not some exploit that i do not know (like in Dying Light game duplication item exploit)
    Edited by BurtFreeman on June 18, 2015 11:47PM
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    sorry, quoted instead of edit :(

Edited by BurtFreeman on June 18, 2015 11:46PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quote instead of edit all the time.. It happens.

Hey, are you on PS4 NA or PC NA? Pretty sure I should have a ton of them. As Burt mentioned, they can be used more than once, they stay good until you break them.

Be sure to put @MissBizz in your response so it notifies me when you answer :)
    Edited by MissBizz on June 19, 2015 1:05AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    "older" players often have heaps. I don't think they can be sold in Guild stores but if your guild bank has access you might find some there or you can voice chat ask a guild member if they have any spare.

Once you get good at lockpicking (practice rather than an in game skill points boost) you wont be needing many lockpicks
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• JeffCross
    JeffCross
    anyone know where I can buy lock picks in Daggerfall? I want to know where I can find them... thank you
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JeffCross wrote: »
    anyone know where I can buy lock picks in Daggerfall? I want to know where I can find them... thank you
    As others have said, merchants sell them. You can find merchants everywhere. Look for lone walkers on the roads if you're no where near a city. It's likely a merchant.

As for finding them, just enter any building and look in bags, cupboards, etc. Some you may have to steal if you're low.

The best place to find them is in Dwemer ruins. Check all the pots (including the small ones). You can also find plenty in delves.

Unless you're desperate, buying them is a waste of gold. They're everywhere.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regularly give stacks of 50 away for free when i'm back in one of the starter zones ...
    :smile:
  • JeffCross
    JeffCross
    Violynne wrote: »
    As others have said, merchants sell them. You can find merchants everywhere. Look for lone walkers on the roads if you're no where near a city. It's likely a merchant.

As for finding them, just enter any building and look in bags, cupboards, etc. Some you may have to steal if you're low.

The best place to find them is in Dwemer ruins. Check all the pots (including the small ones). You can also find plenty in delves.

yeah I've read what others have said... even before posting. but I've only been playing for a few hours and I was low... I've bumped into too many chests and didn't have any lock picks.

I know if I play through the game soon or later I will have more than I would ever want. but I wanted to know where to get them quickly. I know it sounds like a wast of money that is not the point. this is a forum where people want help. but instead players just say the same thing "just look for them" "they are everywhere" We know. I just want the question answered.

seriously it's like a secret, nobody wants to divulge the information.

There are also some people who skip the tutorial part of game in the beginning, not knowing they will be left with only a sword and three character points... I did this, and it sucked ended up in Bleakrock and couldn't find a Merchant to save my life... ended up scrapping the character.

really how hard is it to say there is a Merchant here, in his place... instead of repeating all the vague things everyone else is saying.

there should be a nice experienced player out there that just tells people where all the Merchants are in all the starting cities...

for anyone that was in my situation if you are in Daggerfall and need some quick lock picks the merchant is not in the city there is one on the road out of the city, he has an overturned cart and is bald (I think) but when you speak to him he will complain about bad things happening to him and you should buy things from him to make things better.

(P.S. Sorry for the rant)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

yeah I've read what others have said... even before posting. but I've only been playing for a few hours and I was low... I've bumped into too many chests and didn't have any lock picks.

I know if I play through the game soon or later I will have more than I would ever want. but I wanted to know where to get them quickly. I know it sounds like a wast of money that is not the point. this is a forum where people want help. but instead players just say the same thing "just look for them" "they are everywhere" We know. I just want the question answered.

There are also some people who skip the tutorial part of game in the beginning, not knowing they will be left with only a sword and three character points... I did this, and it sucked ended up in Bleakrock and couldn't find a Merchant to save my life... ended up scrapping the character.

really how hard is it to say there is a Merchant here, in his place... instead of repeating all the vague things everyone else is saying.

there should be a nice experienced player out there that just tells people where all the Merchants are in all the starting cities...

for anyone that was in my situation if you are in Daggerfall and need some quick lock picks the merchant is not in the city there is one on the road out of the city, he has an overturned cart and is bald (I think) but when you speak to him he will complain about bad things happening to him and you should buy things from him to make things better.

While I understand that sometimes it can seem like people are being deliberately vague (and there are probably instances where this is true), more often than not, the posters here really want to help new players and are giving you the very best information they have. Many experienced players are not going to remember where specific NPCs are in the starting zones/cities, because a) they haven't been there in ages or b) have no need to visit generic-type merchants on their alts because they have stacks and stacks of everything these merchants sell in the bank.

Most people aren't trying to be rude to you or be unhelpful...They are attempting to answer your question, but they aren't able to give an exact answer. The poster you quoted seems like someone who was genuinely trying to help and they actually gave you really good information. Sure I guess we could log in to the game and go the starting cities and find the exact answer for you, but a lot of us answer posts when we are on breaks at work/school and don't have access to the game. Since we can't give you perfect answers, a lot of us try to give answers that will either lead you to find the answer yourself (i.e. looking for someone just called just "merchant" or look in cupboards and desks) instead of giving no answer at all and letting your post get pushed off the main page where it is less likely to be seen by others that might have a better answer.

Thank you for taking the time to post a specific answer to the question when you found it. Maybe it will help others who stumble on this thread :)
  • JeffCross
    JeffCross
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

While I understand that sometimes it can seem like people are being deliberately vague (and there are probably instances where this is true), more often than not, the posters here really want to help new players and are giving you the very best information they have. Many experienced players are not going to remember where specific NPCs are in the starting zones/cities, because a) they haven't been there in ages or b) have no need to visit generic-type merchants on their alts because they have stacks and stacks of everything these merchants sell in the bank.

Most people aren't trying to be rude to you or be unhelpful...They are attempting to answer your question, but they aren't able to give an exact answer. The poster you quoted seems like someone who was genuinely trying to help and they actually gave you really good information. Sure I guess we could log in to the game and go the starting cities and find the exact answer for you, but a lot of us answer posts when we are on breaks at work/school and don't have access to the game. Since we can't give you perfect answers, a lot of us try to give answers that will either lead you to find the answer yourself (i.e. looking for someone just called just "merchant" or look in cupboards and desks) instead of giving no answer at all and letting your post get pushed off the main page where it is less likely to be seen by others that might have a better answer.

Thank you for taking the time to post a specific answer to the question when you found it. Maybe it will help others who stumble on this thread :)

Again sorry for the rant. it makes perfect sense that experienced players don't remember where the specific merchant are and yes it is true there are people here that gave good information. it's just I read post after post telling us to "just find them" which is cool but after 3-4 posts like that it starts to not help.

and I so want to thank Violynne for responding to my post... the rant was not aimed at you.

So for people playing and are new, can you help out and pinpoint the merchants in the earlier part of the game. thanks.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason lockpicks aren't sellable in traders, so farm them from furniture or buy them from npc vendors.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I may be wrong but I think you can buy them at the stand right outside the woodworking station in Daggerfalls. It's been awhile but I remember buying them in Daggerfalls when I was new.

Every time I deposited items into my bank I would accidentally deposit my lock picks; then when i was gathering and found a chest I had no lockpicks available. What I used to do, and this worked very well, Is post in the guild chat and ask if someone had a few extra. They always gave me more than i needed.
    Edited by vamp_emily on September 24, 2015 3:40PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)